Friday, September 21, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Trash eaters."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Urge to Kill Adult Swim RISING RISING.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:28 am

doombug wrote:I am a fan of both and think people need to realize that Tim and Eric are two very intelligent men. Otherwise David Cross and Bob would never support them.
Cross and Bob Odenkirk are unfunny too.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:44 am

Royal Nonesuch wrote:The fact that anime wasn't there at the beginning (and I had thought that Cowboy Bebop was a part of the original line-up, but I could be wrong), doesn't mean they should NEVER show anime.

I never did understand why the Adult Swim audience was so divided.

Cowboy bebop was possibly part of the original line up, but that would make it an hour and a half.

And I'm not divided, I love the good anime its just, the network for the most part is geared towards comedy and always has been.

Space Ghost is the reason we now have Adult Swim.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:46 am

twoheads wrote:...and you both forgot baby blues, although i can't really blame you.

...Yeah. Poor Clerks that animated series got canned over that shit.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:46 am

john lewis wrote:Cross and Bob Odenkirk are unfunny too.

Next you'll be telling me Richard Pryor and George Carlin were unfunny. :wink:

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:05 pm

doombug wrote:Cowboy bebop was possibly part of the original line up, but that would make it an hour and a half.

And I'm not divided, I love the good anime its just, the network for the most part is geared towards comedy and always has been.

Space Ghost is the reason we now have Adult Swim.

But the fact is when Adult Swim branched out into longer time periods they started that Sat night anime block.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:28 pm

Zechs wrote:But the fact is when Adult Swim branched out into longer time periods they started that Sat night anime block.

Exactly which is when things started getting confusing because that was where they were going to air a lot of the anime, then all the sudden they started with venture brothers and family guy and lost a lot of the actual anime programming.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:52 pm

doombug wrote:Exactly which is when things started getting confusing because that was where they were going to air a lot of the anime, then all the sudden they started with venture brothers and family guy and lost a lot of the actual anime programming.

Yeah but they kept having the comedy on Sunday until Big O Season 2 debuted.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:47 pm

Zechs wrote:Yeah but they kept having the comedy on Sunday until Big O Season 2 debuted.

The line up has become increasingly erratic as to where things land.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:08 pm

doombug wrote:The line up has become increasingly erratic as to where things land.

Sat is like Two-Face is running the programming schedule. On one week it falls on heads the other week tails.

leave a comment with facebook