Advertisement

The Fourth Week of the 2008 College Football Season

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Carrie

Liked in: 61 posts

Advertisement

AaronW
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby AaronW » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:35 am

Mizzou is off so I won't be paying attention.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 164 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:50 am

UGA's also got a couple other emotional motivators going for it this week:

1) Richt let the players have their "black-out", busting out the black jerseys; and 2) this will be the first home game in some 40+ years which famed announcer Larry Munson will not be calling on the radio, after announcing his immediate retirement due to health reasons this week; Larry's my second favorite announcer in SEC history, he will be missed, and i hope Georgia puts on a hob-nailed boot and steps on Saban's boys' faces for him :-D
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Liked in: 0 post

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:54 am

chap22 wrote:1) Richt let the players have their "black-out", busting out the black jerseys;

Richt had better be careful not to overuse the 'black-out.' I'm no sure the exact number but I think he's used it 3 times in the last 10 games or so.

D
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby D » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:04 am

It's funny how Georgia's game against the #8 team in the country is supposed to be one of their easier ones. What a ridiculous schedule.
Dragon

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:04 am

D wrote:It's funny how Georgia's game against the #8 team in the country is supposed to be one of their easier ones. What a ridiculous schedule.

To be fair, that's primarily because it's at home.

Carrie

Postby Carrie » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:13 am

I think Georgia could be in for a big shock this week. And I think I am okay with that. :-)

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:16 am

Carrie wrote:I think Georgia could be in for a big shock this week. And I think I am okay with that. :-)

If the Vols end up with a winning record this year I'll consider it a victory. So, I'm on the side of complete and utter chaos from here on out.

Fenway
cheese

Title: Girl Next Door

Postby Fenway » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:18 am

I'm excited for the UK/WKU game. I'm going tailgaiting. It will be fun! I love having season tickets!!! ^-^
Read My Blog: http://justanotherwannabeclassic.tumblr.com/

Carrie

Postby Carrie » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:39 am

twoheads wrote:If the Vols end up with a winning record this year I'll consider it a victory. So, I'm on the side of complete and utter chaos from here on out.

I feel the same way. Outside of that, I am big on underdogs, especially when they probably shouldn't be as big of underdogs as people think they are, which I think may be the case with Alabama. Considering the trouble Georgia had with South Carolina, and their increasing level of confidence, I would be perfectly okay with someone knocking them down a peg or two.

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:41 am

Carrie wrote:I feel the same way. Outside of that, I am big on underdogs, especially when they probably shouldn't be as big of underdogs as people think they are, which I think may be the case with Alabama. Considering the trouble Georgia had with South Carolina, and their increasing level of confidence, I would be perfectly okay with someone knocking them down a peg or two.

If it wasn't Alabama I'd agree with you, but I just can't bring myself to root for the Tide.

Carrie

Postby Carrie » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:57 am

twoheads wrote:If it wasn't Alabama I'd agree with you, but I just can't bring myself to root for the Tide.

I work in an office 20 miles from the UGA campus where half the people are Georgia graduates and everyone is a huge Georgia fan. I'm not sure I could handle anything even approaching an undefeated season, so I am perfectly okay with even Alabama beating them.

C20Percent
rubber spoon

Postby C20Percent » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:31 pm

Carrie wrote:I think Georgia could be in for a big shock this week. And I think I am okay with that. :-)

If the Tide defense can keep it close, then I think Alabama can win this in the 4th quarter. They've got to be careful not to let Georgia score quick and early -- Alabama has a tendency to do that from time-to-time.

Carrie

Postby Carrie » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:37 pm

C20Percent wrote:If the Tide defense can keep it close, then I think Alabama can win this in the 4th quarter. They've got to be careful not to let Georgia score quick and early -- Alabama has a tendency to do that from time-to-time.

If they can manage a situation like SC had 2 weeks ago, I definitely think they have a strong chance of winning it.

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:48 pm

C20Percent wrote:If the Tide defense can keep it close, then I think Alabama can win this in the 4th quarter. They've got to be careful not to let Georgia score quick and early -- Alabama has a tendency to do that from time-to-time.

I have no doubt that they have the talent to win, I just think they're probably a little young to win a game of this magnitude yet. Having Wilson at QB is a huge help, though.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum