Advertisement

Search Function Fix

Having a problem accessing the Outhouse? Drop a line and let us know.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

C20Percent
rubber spoon

Liked in: 0 post

Search Function Fix

Postby C20Percent » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:24 pm

Any chance we can update the search function to include a: 1) Search for threads started by user option, or 2) Search by key words thread titles only option.

I've been having difficulty throwing month old statements back into people's faces because I fail at the search function here. I've been having to search by user posts, and that is time-consuming and inefficient.

Advertisement

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 14 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Re: Search Function Fix

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:25 pm

C20Percent wrote:Any chance we can update the search function to include a: 1) Search for threads started by user option, or 2) Search by key words thread titles only option.

I've been having difficulty throwing month old statements back into people's faces because I fail at the search function here. I've been having to search by user posts, and that is time-consuming and inefficient.

WE still have to finish reindexing the all the posts. Then I can work on that one.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

C20Percent
rubber spoon

Liked in: 0 post

Postby C20Percent » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:38 pm

Jude Terror wrote:WE still have to finish reindexing the all the posts. Then I can work on that one.

So, you can't just implement that feature and have it work from here-on-out, and ignore all the previous posts?

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 14 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:33 pm

C20Percent wrote:So, you can't just implement that feature and have it work from here-on-out, and ignore all the previous posts?

I could, but something like that would likely change the database, and thus make the script that indexes the posts inoperative. If we finish using that thing, then it won't need to be run again, and we can change the search tables however we like.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

leave a comment with facebook

Return to Bugs and Fixes