Advertisement

The 5th Week of the 2008 College Football Season

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Carrie

Liked in: 0 post

Advertisement

C20Percent
rubber spoon

Postby C20Percent » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:16 am

I'm glad you're not buying into this whole Alabama sensation. I love the Tide with all my heart, but even I know they aren't a #1 or #2 team. In fact, I'll be thrilled if they're still in the Top 10 by season's end.

Oh, and you know Wisconsin is gonna steamroll through Ohio State by at least 2 TDs.

Baskerville Holmes
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Baskerville Holmes » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:20 am

C20Percent wrote:I'm glad you're not buying into this whole Alabama sensation. I love the Tide with all my heart, but even I know they aren't a #1 or #2 team. In fact, I'll be thrilled if they're still in the Top 10 by season's end.

Oh, and you know Wisconsin is gonna steamroll through Ohio State by at least 2 TDs.

I don't think Bama should be 2. 4 or 5 maybe but not 2.

Still, nobody can contest Oklahoma as number 1.
[img]http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7824/340x.gif[/img]

AaronW
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby AaronW » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:20 am

Mizzou over Nebraska 52-28

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 14 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:34 am

TheScantronman wrote:I don't think Bama should be 2. 4 or 5 maybe but not 2.

Still, nobody can contest Oklahoma as number 1.

since polls are still absolutely meaningless at this stage of the season, i'd argue that if you're actually basing your ranking on who has proven themselves to be the best team against the best competition, i'd put 'Bama #1 with a bullet. not even a close second, they are the most accomplished team SO FAR.

but if you base it on who you think is the best team via eyeball test, # of All-Americans, margin of victory over thoroughly out-classed opponents, fanciest offense, how they finished last year, or coolest uniforms or whatever, then no, they deserve top 10, maybe even top 5, but not 1, 2, or 3.

i think USC, Oklahoma, and LSU are more talented, but i think Bama's better coached than all 3 (and God i hate admitting that) and would probably beat Oklahoma head-to-head but would need significant + turnover margins to beat the other two (sorry Sooner fans, i just ain't sold on them yet, and won't be until i see them beat a good defensive team for the first time in 5 years or so...)
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:35 am

C20Percent wrote:I'm glad you're not buying into this whole Alabama sensation. I love the Tide with all my heart, but even I know they aren't a #1 or #2 team. In fact, I'll be thrilled if they're still in the Top 10 by season's end.

Well, I did put them at 3, so I'm not completely blameless, but no one else has really impressed me. I see a lot of mediocrity out there right now.

I would have been with you on Wisconsin, but I watched a good deal of the game against Michigan last week, and man.....not good.

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:39 pm

I think Wisconsin will win but not by the margin you're suggesting.

GratefulFred
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby GratefulFred » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:54 pm

I don't think Wisconsin will beat Ohio State.

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:54 pm

OSU pulls the upset.

D
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby D » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:59 pm

Alabama: Wow. 31-0. At the half. On the road. In the SEC. Football is usually won on the line of scrimmage and Alabama is proof of that adage. They dominated Georgia up front on both sides of the ball, and that's why they're one of the most frightening teams in the country.
Am I the only one who saw the second half of this game? I know I'm extremely biased, but I don't think losing by 11 is a blowout. Especially when you consider the first half.
Dragon

GratefulFred
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby GratefulFred » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:00 pm

Black Kryptonite wrote:OSU pulls the upset.

Ohio State is favored by 1.5

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:01 pm

GratefulFred wrote:I don't think Wisconsin will beat Ohio State.

Black Kryptonite wrote:OSU pulls the upset.

OSU traditionally struggles at Wisconsin.

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:02 pm

GratefulFred wrote:Ohio State is favored by 1.5

It's still an upset in my eyes considering how lethargic the Buckeyes have been offensively.

GratefulFred
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby GratefulFred » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:02 pm

D wrote:
Alabama: Wow. 31-0. At the half. On the road. In the SEC. Football is usually won on the line of scrimmage and Alabama is proof of that adage. They dominated Georgia up front on both sides of the ball, and that's why they're one of the most frightening teams in the country.
Am I the only one who saw the second half of this game? I know I'm extremely biased, but I don't think losing by 11 is a blowout. Especially when you consider the first half.

The last Georgia touchdown was garbage points.

C20Percent
rubber spoon

Postby C20Percent » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:05 pm

D wrote:

Alabama took the 3rd quarter off -- Georgia benefited from an illegal block in the back on the PR TD -- and Alabama went into the prevent the last part of the 4th quarter. I thought Georgia moved the ball well on their last two TD, but they're better than the game they played. It was never very competitive -- I never thought Georgia was in this game.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum