Advertisement

Week 10 of the 2008 College Football Season

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Carrie

Liked in: 59 posts

Advertisement

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 133 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:17 am

i am absolutely disheartened and disgusted at the thorough and complete shafting you have given to the true game of the week this week, and thus feel it is my duty to send a shout-out to the probable DIII game of the year :-D :-D taking place in San Antonio this weekend:

7-0, 5th-ranked Millsaps travels to 7-0, 8th-ranked Trinity in the long-awaited rematch to last year's YouTube phenomenon, the game-winning 15-lateral Mississippi Miracle (which absolutely CRUSHED my 10-year reunion/homecoming experience :cry: ). this game should decide the SCAC championship and a playoff berth, just as it did last year. go Majors!
8)
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

US Agent
cheese

Liked in: 18 posts

Postby US Agent » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:21 am

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that NW / MN prediction.

MN is at home, it's homecoming, and while they haven't blown out teams they've played they play tough... tougher than they have the past few years.

NW though will be their toughest challenge on the remaining schedule. They do luck out have 3 of the last 4 being at home (@ WI after they play Mich). I think they have a serious chance to make a prestigious bowl for the first time since like the 40's.

Sorry it's just been a long... long time since I've been excited about my former team.

C20Percent
rubber spoon

Liked in: 0 post

Postby C20Percent » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:35 am

I love Alabama is death, but I also keep expecting them to lose a game. I just hope we don't lose against Auburn, and I hope we get to a BCS bowl. Yeah, I think Florida, LSU, and Georgia could all beat Alabama, but I still think they could handle almost every other team out of conference.

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:38 am

XtremeX wrote:Sorry it's just been a long... long time since I've been excited about my former team.

No worries, if I didn't expect people to disagree I wouldn't post them. :wink:

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:39 am

I just wanted to mention that next week I'll be comparing the SEC and Big 12 defenses in same manner that I did the offenses in this article.

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:40 am

C20Percent wrote:I love Alabama is death, but I also keep expecting them to lose a game. I just hope we don't lose against Auburn, and I hope we get to a BCS bowl. Yeah, I think Florida, LSU, and Georgia could all beat Alabama, but I still think they could handle almost every other team out of conference.

It's because they're a year a head of schedule, which makes me truly frightened of what the Tide is going to do next year. I'm not sure how they're looking at QB once Wilson leaves, though.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 133 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:02 pm

Ben wrote:It's because they're a year a head of schedule, which makes me truly frightened of what the Tide is going to do next year. I'm not sure how they're looking at QB once Wilson leaves, though.

that'll be their one glaring weakness. well, that and they're gonna have to reload up front.

they're losing at least 2 and maybe 3 (i can't see ANY way Andre Smith doesn't go pro after this year) starters on the OL. you can recruit all the talent in the world, it still takes a while for an O-line to properly gel. between a brand-new, never-played-a-down-in-the-SEC QB and a rebuilt O-line, they may struggle a bit more next year than people expect. they'll still win 9 or 10 (because their defense and running game should still be awesome), but no national title.
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

C20Percent
rubber spoon

Postby C20Percent » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:16 pm

chap22 wrote:that'll be their one glaring weakness. well, that and they're gonna have to reload up front.

they're losing at least 2 and maybe 3 (i can't see ANY way Andre Smith doesn't go pro after this year) starters on the OL. you can recruit all the talent in the world, it still takes a while for an O-line to properly gel. between a brand-new, never-played-a-down-in-the-SEC QB and a rebuilt O-line, they may struggle a bit more next year than people expect. they'll still win 9 or 10 (because their defense and running game should still be awesome), but no national title.

If only 'Bama would have had Ingram and J.Jones last year, then this year could have been (not that it still might be) great. The hit Alabama's gonna take at QB and the OL is gonna fuck with Jones and Ingram. But, yeah, there defense should still allow them to compete -- much like most SEC team defenses do.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 37 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:01 pm

I can't even pretend to be all over the Buckeyes scrote anymore.

At this point, I'm just hoping they win the rest of their games and Penn St. wins out, so we can have a shot at the Rose Bowl.

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:59 pm

KSChris wrote:I can't even pretend to be all over the Buckeyes scrote anymore.

At this point, I'm just hoping they win the rest of their games and Penn St. wins out, so we can have a shot at the Rose Bowl.

My team is 3-5, so I'm kind of having a hard time feeling bad for you. :wink:

D
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby D » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:01 pm

Damn Georgia is getting screwed. Sure Georiga has made their own mistakes, but that's 14 Florida points on bad calls.

JL_Amato
rubber spoon

Postby JL_Amato » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:06 pm

Damn, Georgia is getting dominated.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 37 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:25 pm

At least the Buckeyes can't lose today.