Sunday, September 25, 2016 • Morning Edition • "If you loved Hotel Rwanda, you'll love The Outhouse."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Week 10 of the 2008 College Football Season

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Carrie

Postby Carrie » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:04 am

Concerning Offense and the Top 10 Teams
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:17 am

i am absolutely disheartened and disgusted at the thorough and complete shafting you have given to the true game of the week this week, and thus feel it is my duty to send a shout-out to the probable DIII game of the year :-D :-D taking place in San Antonio this weekend:

7-0, 5th-ranked Millsaps travels to 7-0, 8th-ranked Trinity in the long-awaited rematch to last year's YouTube phenomenon, the game-winning 15-lateral Mississippi Miracle (which absolutely CRUSHED my 10-year reunion/homecoming experience :cry: ). this game should decide the SCAC championship and a playoff berth, just as it did last year. go Majors!
8)
User avatar

COBRA Command

cheese

Postby COBRA Command » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:21 am

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that NW / MN prediction.

MN is at home, it's homecoming, and while they haven't blown out teams they've played they play tough... tougher than they have the past few years.

NW though will be their toughest challenge on the remaining schedule. They do luck out have 3 of the last 4 being at home (@ WI after they play Mich). I think they have a serious chance to make a prestigious bowl for the first time since like the 40's.

Sorry it's just been a long... long time since I've been excited about my former team.
User avatar

C20Percent

rubber spoon

Postby C20Percent » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:35 am

I love Alabama is death, but I also keep expecting them to lose a game. I just hope we don't lose against Auburn, and I hope we get to a BCS bowl. Yeah, I think Florida, LSU, and Georgia could all beat Alabama, but I still think they could handle almost every other team out of conference.
User avatar

zombiemichaeljackson

rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:38 am

XtremeX wrote:Sorry it's just been a long... long time since I've been excited about my former team.


No worries, if I didn't expect people to disagree I wouldn't post them. :wink:
User avatar

zombiemichaeljackson

rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:39 am

I just wanted to mention that next week I'll be comparing the SEC and Big 12 defenses in same manner that I did the offenses in this article.
User avatar

zombiemichaeljackson

rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:40 am

C20Percent wrote:I love Alabama is death, but I also keep expecting them to lose a game. I just hope we don't lose against Auburn, and I hope we get to a BCS bowl. Yeah, I think Florida, LSU, and Georgia could all beat Alabama, but I still think they could handle almost every other team out of conference.


It's because they're a year a head of schedule, which makes me truly frightened of what the Tide is going to do next year. I'm not sure how they're looking at QB once Wilson leaves, though.
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:02 pm

Ben wrote:It's because they're a year a head of schedule, which makes me truly frightened of what the Tide is going to do next year. I'm not sure how they're looking at QB once Wilson leaves, though.

that'll be their one glaring weakness. well, that and they're gonna have to reload up front.

they're losing at least 2 and maybe 3 (i can't see ANY way Andre Smith doesn't go pro after this year) starters on the OL. you can recruit all the talent in the world, it still takes a while for an O-line to properly gel. between a brand-new, never-played-a-down-in-the-SEC QB and a rebuilt O-line, they may struggle a bit more next year than people expect. they'll still win 9 or 10 (because their defense and running game should still be awesome), but no national title.
User avatar

C20Percent

rubber spoon

Postby C20Percent » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:16 pm

chap22 wrote:that'll be their one glaring weakness. well, that and they're gonna have to reload up front.

they're losing at least 2 and maybe 3 (i can't see ANY way Andre Smith doesn't go pro after this year) starters on the OL. you can recruit all the talent in the world, it still takes a while for an O-line to properly gel. between a brand-new, never-played-a-down-in-the-SEC QB and a rebuilt O-line, they may struggle a bit more next year than people expect. they'll still win 9 or 10 (because their defense and running game should still be awesome), but no national title.


If only 'Bama would have had Ingram and J.Jones last year, then this year could have been (not that it still might be) great. The hit Alabama's gonna take at QB and the OL is gonna fuck with Jones and Ingram. But, yeah, there defense should still allow them to compete -- much like most SEC team defenses do.
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:01 pm

I can't even pretend to be all over the Buckeyes scrote anymore.

At this point, I'm just hoping they win the rest of their games and Penn St. wins out, so we can have a shot at the Rose Bowl.
User avatar

zombiemichaeljackson

rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:59 pm

KSChris wrote:I can't even pretend to be all over the Buckeyes scrote anymore.

At this point, I'm just hoping they win the rest of their games and Penn St. wins out, so we can have a shot at the Rose Bowl.


My team is 3-5, so I'm kind of having a hard time feeling bad for you. :wink:
User avatar

D

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby D » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:01 pm

Damn Georgia is getting screwed. Sure Georiga has made their own mistakes, but that's 14 Florida points on bad calls.
User avatar

JL_Amato

rubber spoon

Postby JL_Amato » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:06 pm

Damn, Georgia is getting dominated.
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:25 pm

At least the Buckeyes can't lose today.
User avatar

JL_Amato

rubber spoon

Postby JL_Amato » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:38 pm

This Notre Dame game is ridiculous.

4th OT!

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck] and 39 guests