Friday, July 1, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Those who arrive survive. Maybe."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Browncoats NOT welcome!!!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:05 pm

I love Serenity and Firefly, but I cannot stand rabid fans, so if you are one, stay away!!!

This is just a little appreciation thread for Whedon's little western sci-fi universe.

I can't stop watching Serenity, and I'm now rewatching Firefly. Great stuff. Check it out if you haven't. It's a fun series. It's not going to change how you look at television, but it's a fun diversion.

fallentaco

SUSHI FISH

Postby fallentaco » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:12 pm

Oh man, ive seen Serenity like 12 times, watched all of Firefly (while on TV) and on DVD like 20 times, i love the show.

Comic isn't half bad either :)

DEVILMAN

Tip Top Dancer

Postby DEVILMAN » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:17 pm

What's a Browncoat? (yes, I'm stupid)

Spectre-7

hobo killer

Postby Spectre-7 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:24 pm

Die hard fans of Firefly call themselves Browncoats... it's a reference to the armies of the Independent Faction, which Mal Reynolds fought for during the Unification War (thank you wiki).

IMO, if you're a big enough fan of something to warrant having a special title, you're probably taking things a little too seriously. ;)

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:37 am

DEVILMAN wrote:What's a Browncoat? (yes, I'm stupid)

You sound like you haven't watched. You should check it out. Fun stuff.

fallentaco

SUSHI FISH

Postby fallentaco » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:51 am

Im proud to say i am a brown coat, sometimes, i can not hide my shame, i play the Serenity RPG

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:05 am

Get away!!! Get away!!!

It's fine to be a fan. Even a big fan. I think I'm a pretty big fan. Sycophants are another story.

fallentaco

SUSHI FISH

Postby fallentaco » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:40 am

jsalwen wrote:Get away!!! Get away!!!

It's fine to be a fan. Even a big fan. I think I'm a pretty big fan. Sycophants are another story.

:cry:

*runs away in shame*

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:05 am

I sadly never got a chance to watch this show. What is it about? If I loved Buffy but never cared for Star Trek, would I like this?

Spectre-7

hobo killer

Postby Spectre-7 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:08 am

JudeTerror wrote:I sadly never got a chance to watch this show. What is it about? If I loved Buffy but never cared for Star Trek, would I like this?

Short answer... yes. It's very much not Star Trek. In fact, if not the for space ships, you'd hardly notice it's sci-fi most of the time. It's more of a character driven western, and it's a damn lot of fun.

Six-Guns. Space ships. Whores. What more could a guy ask for?

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:10 am

JudeTerror wrote:I sadly never got a chance to watch this show. What is it about? If I loved Buffy but never cared for Star Trek, would I like this?

Yeah, definitely nothing like Star Trek.

It's more 'realistic' if that's the proper term. It's got the feel of a Western, with some sci-fi elements. Try the show out. I think you'd like it.

Nekid_Monkey

hobo killer

Postby Nekid_Monkey » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:39 am

Aw. Jane, how I miss thee. And that song just keeps playing in my head. Haha

fallentaco

SUSHI FISH

Postby fallentaco » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:54 am

Nekid_Monkey wrote:Aw. Jane, how I miss thee. Haha

Rest in peace...sigh...

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:00 pm