Advertisement

Spidertour02's Art Thread!

Do you have a comic or other project you want to promote? Feel free to post about it here, but don't just post and run. Sticking around and joining in other discussions is the best way to get Outhousers interested in your work. These topics will also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum, for maximum exposure.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

spidertour02
rubber spoon

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Engineering The Future

Postby spidertour02 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:11 pm

Okay, so here is the spot for me to needlessly repost all the Newsarama stuff that I feel is decent enough to share here!

First up, three pages of sequential art ...

Next up, some recent pinup stuff ...

And, finally, a link to a huge drawing I did to commemorate the Newsarama Art Group's one-year anniversary! (I don't want to explode your site with the image, because it would screw up all the formatting ...)
http://homepages.nyu.edu/~gcd212/shining_knight.jpg

ENJOY! :)
Last edited by spidertour02 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

fallentaco
SUSHI FISH

Liked in: 0 post

Postby fallentaco » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:24 pm

ok, we need to get you a writer for the Anthology!
b]It was Stamford all over again only this time Nitro was the edge of Cap’s shield.[/b]-Joe Q

Read Blue Beetle, Manhunter and DMZ!!!

DEVILMAN
Tip Top Dancer

Postby DEVILMAN » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:28 am

Hey, Spidertour finally decided to post some art over here, awesome!! Took you long enough bud.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 1144 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:04 am

Wow, that's some good stuff, and a nice style you have going. I would love to see more of those pieces inked.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 117 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Postby SuperginraiX » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:56 am

Welcome aboard, spidertour!

Good stuff as always.

DEVILMAN
Tip Top Dancer

Postby DEVILMAN » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:08 am

I dont see what Liefeld was talking about with your 1st frame, the rooftop view looks really good, I dont see any problems with the perspective. The only thing about the van that makes it look like a "toy truck" is the tires, otherwise it looks fine. I dont remember what else he said but the only thing I agreed with him about was the tires.

spidertour02
rubber spoon

Postby spidertour02 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:33 am

DEVILMAN wrote:I dont see what Liefeld was talking about with your 1st frame, the rooftop view looks really good, I dont see any problems with the perspective. The only thing about the van that makes it look like a "toy truck" is the tires, otherwise it looks fine. I dont remember what else he said but the only thing I agreed with him about was the tires.

The windows on the lower right are somewhat fudged perspective-wise, and as you can see, the building in the upper left has parallel components, which of course is a no-no. So he does have a point. (Of course, getting lectured on perspective by Liefeld is ironic in and of itself, but I'd rather not take the direct swing, if you know what I mean. :wink: )

As for the rest of you ... I just couldn't hold off forever. The allure of the BLUDVERSE was too much to resist. :)

DEVILMAN
Tip Top Dancer

Postby DEVILMAN » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:53 am

spidertour02 wrote:
DEVILMAN wrote:I dont see what Liefeld was talking about with your 1st frame, the rooftop view looks really good, I dont see any problems with the perspective. The only thing about the van that makes it look like a "toy truck" is the tires, otherwise it looks fine. I dont remember what else he said but the only thing I agreed with him about was the tires.

The windows on the lower right are somewhat fudged perspective-wise, and as you can see, the building in the upper left has parallel components, which of course is a no-no. So he does have a point. (Of course, getting lectured on perspective by Liefeld is ironic in and of itself, but I'd rather not take the direct swing, if you know what I mean. :wink: )

As for the rest of you ... I just couldn't hold off forever. The allure of the BLUDVERSE was too much to resist. :)

I still dont see it but I suck at perspective. As far as being lectured by Liefeld on perspective or even backgrounds for that matter, I was thinking the same thing, I almost said something but that probably would have gotten ugly (when he commented about your van I almost cracked up). At least he didnt say anything about your anatomy, I would not have been able to hold my tongue.

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Doc Spider

Postby Doc Jon » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:46 pm

I believe I had already offered criticism on these pages when you originally posted them, so I refrained.

Rob couldn't have known you had a cartoony style from the page that you posted, so the 'toy car' comment actually makes sense. It does look a little like a toy car, but it of course fits your style.

The only thing that I noticed that was a little wonky are the tires. The perspective on them doesn't seem to match the rest of the truck.

HJJOUNB SAWLWEN HATES MEO!!!! -Royal

spidertour02
rubber spoon

Postby spidertour02 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:41 pm

God of War 2!!! :D

godfather

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby godfather » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:13 am

Pretty cool, are those like little daggers or just the perspective on the swords off? :)

DEVILMAN
Tip Top Dancer

Postby DEVILMAN » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:07 am

That God of War is awesome. Speaking of which, how is God of War 2? I've been thinking about getting it, it's supposed to be the last great PS2 game.

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Doc Spider

Postby Doc Jon » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:03 am

spidertour02 wrote:God of War 2!!! :D

Are you going to finish thie piece? I think this is one of the best faces I've seen you draw.

And how is God of War 2?

HJJOUNB SAWLWEN HATES MEO!!!! -Royal

spidertour02
rubber spoon

Postby spidertour02 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:34 pm

godfather wrote:Pretty cool, are those like little daggers or just the perspective on the swords off? :)

Nope, Kratos carries soe pretty huge blades. :wink:

DEVILMAN wrote:That God of War is awesome. Speaking of which, how is God of War 2? I've been thinking about getting it, it's supposed to be the last great PS2 game.

God of War 2 is even better than the first game -- it's probably the best PS2 action game ever! Seriously, get it now!

The only thing that sucks about it is the fact that it pretty much brings an end to the PS2 as a console. Now I have to go out and buy a PS3. :cry:

jsalwen wrote:Are you going to finish thie piece? I think this is one of the best faces I've seen you draw.

Um ... it's pretty much done. There isn't much I can do outside of shadowing Zeus, which I don't plan on doing ...

Oh, and thanks for the compliment. :wink:

Jason Berek-Lewis
Birdman

Postby Jason Berek-Lewis » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:04 am

Really great style.
on't miss The Story Factory - From Myth, To Script, To Page; my weekly column on comic creation only @ www.brokenfrontier.com

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Creator's Corner