Sunday, May 1, 2016 • Evening Edition • "At least we're not The Comics Reporter!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Schizo sketchbook

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

VIRGOBLUES

Faster Pussycat

Postby VIRGOBLUES » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:14 am

I'm new here feel free to tear apart my crap, :oops: right now i.m trying diffrent stlyes, to find my own.

:oops:

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:36 pm

Very nice, I like 'em all!

Nekid_Monkey

hobo killer

Postby Nekid_Monkey » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:38 am

I like the way you textured the clothes and couch. Wish I could get better with patterns too
. :P

fallentaco

SUSHI FISH

Postby fallentaco » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:38 am

Looks great man!
Hope to see more soon!

VIRGOBLUES1

Postby VIRGOBLUES1 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:47 pm

Thanks eveery body i'm gonna be posting a lot more soon

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:13 pm

You've got talent. You need to tighten up your anatomy, sometimes it's really good, and sometimes it's not, but that will come with practice. Can't wait to see more of your work.

VIRGOBLUES

Faster Pussycat

Postby VIRGOBLUES » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:37 am

THis is some older stuff i thought i'd share

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:04 am

I'm loving that signing devil. Did you base that on anyone? I'm getting a Kiedis vibe from it.

fallentaco

SUSHI FISH

Postby fallentaco » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:37 pm

That devil is just sweet!

ErickCruz

Mad Hatter

Postby ErickCruz » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:42 pm

as jsalwen said, you just need to be more consistent in the anatomy in the first batch of drawing the heads are bigger than they should yet in the second batch you're more consistent, in particular the Colossus and Hellboy drawings.

It's cool to try out various styles, i'd say forget which style you want and practice your basic body construction, from there tighten up your anatomy and your style will then come naturally.

For the most part artists tend to start out by imitating other artists because we like how they look, i wanted to be a Jim Lee clone bad, but after years of trying i would up with my style instead. It had its origins with the Jim Lee look but it soon evolved into my look, my style.

My advise, think of an artist you like and try and aim for the look, but, using your knowledge of basic figure construction and your knowledge of anatomy, but dont draw what he drew. It's cool to pick up a few shorthand shortcuts from artists and incorporate them into your style, just dont steal or "clone" the whole look.

leave a comment with facebook