Advertisement

The First Episode of WORMWOOD goes live TONIGHT!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

jayvee
luchadore

Liked in: 0 post

The First Episode of WORMWOOD goes live TONIGHT!

Postby jayvee » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:42 pm

Hey, guys.

I just wanted to share a pet project of mine with you, because I'm really proud of it. I've been part of a writing team for the last seven months or so, putting together an audio drama, and tonight comes the first fruits of our labor. I didn't post this over at Newsarama because I'm not sure whether or not Brady's going to give us front-page or Blog space, but here's a sneak peek of the official press release.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Habit Forming Films, LLC
1325 North Sierra Bonita Ave #318
Los Angeles, CA 90046
818-216-9534
wormwood@habitformingfilms.com
www.habitformingfilms.com

WORMWOOD: A SERIALIZED MYSTERY PODCAST DEBUTS

Once a prominent psychologist, tragedy forced Doctor Xander Crowe down the dark pathways of the occult, and he was transformed. Now, chasing the vision of a drowned woman, Doctor Crowe finds himself in the mysterious town of Wormwood, where evil lurks in the shadows and stains the souls of its inhabitants. Welcome to Wormwood.

Wormwood is a new dramatic audio series brought to you by the independent production company, Habit Forming Films, LLC. The podcast debuts at midnight on July 24th, 2007 on the show’s website, www.wormwoodshow.com.

The brainchild of award-winning directors David Accampo and Jeremy Rogers (Bad Habits), Wormwood strives to pull together the appeal of serialized storytelling and portable audio content. “I grew up on serialized stories,” says Accampo of the new series, “I’m a huge comic book geek, and I love shows like Lost and Twin Peaks. I also love my iPod and download podcasts all the time, so the format just made sense to me. I was tired of spending three hours lighting a set to capture what ends up being 15 seconds of film. This way we get to use a widely-embraced portable audio format and a form of storytelling that hearkens back to the early days of radio.”

Embracing fond memories of classic radio series, talk of The Shadow, The Hermit’s Cave, and Inner Sanctum fed the desire to capture lush and disturbing imaginations with sound as the only resource. “We love the intricacies of modern long-form storytelling, and really thought we could unleash the scope of our projects with this audio format,” says Rogers. “Within the building dread of Season One,” Accampo adds, “we’re banking on becoming something character driven and epic that audiences hold up to the standards of their favorite series, whether printed, broadcasted, or projected onto a big multiplex screen.”

Wormwood follows Doctor Crowe’s arrival in the mysterious town, where nothing is as it seems. Dubbed “an occult mystery,” the show combines elements of intrigue and horror with a healthy dose of soap opera. “Our target audience is fans of shows like Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Lost, as well as comics like Hellboy or Preacher,” says Rogers, “our influences run the gamut from Aaron Sorkin to Warren Ellis to HP Lovecraft to the great Hammer Film Productions. The show is dark, but it’s not always serious – there’s a healthy dose of quick-witted banter that works well for audio. It’s actually one of the funniest things we’ve written, while still remaining sinister and creepy when it needs to be.”

Wormwood: A Serialized Mystery features the voice talent of Arthur Russell, Sonia Perozzi, Joe J. Thomas, Koralee Nickarz, Rob Grindlinger and Peter Dirksen, as well as original music compositions by Todd Hodges. The 22-minute series premiere launches at midnight on July 24th, 2007, with new episodes every week thereafter, and can be downloaded directly from the series’ website, www.wormwoodshow.com.

Advertisement

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Doc Spider

Re: The First Episode of WORMWOOD goes live TONIGHT!

Postby Doc Jon » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:56 pm

That sounds very cool, jayvee.

Damn, now I have to figure out how to get podcasts.:)

HJJOUNB SAWLWEN HATES MEO!!!! -Royal

jayvee
luchadore

Postby jayvee » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:03 pm

You can download them straight off the Internet in MP3 format.

They'll play pretty much anywhere, and we'll also be carried by iTunes.

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:04 pm

Oh, I know they're easy to download, but I was just too damned lazy to do it before. I will definitely make an effort now.

jayvee
luchadore

Postby jayvee » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:14 pm

Consider it a semi-audition for the anthology.

Semi because I only helped plot the first episode.

I wrote the fourth episode by my lonesome.

fumaninja
Opera Singer

Postby fumaninja » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:42 pm

Congrats, I have added the Podcast to my list of podcast I listen to while I work,

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:05 pm

jayvee wrote:Consider it a semi-audition for the anthology.

Semi because I only helped plot the first episode.

I wrote the fourth episode by my lonesome.

First of all, that's more on your resume than our other aspiring writers. That's more than what I've done in the realm of writing. I eagerly anticipate hearing it.

jayvee
luchadore

Postby jayvee » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:48 pm

Fuman, Salwen... Thanks for your support.

If any of you are going to the San Diego Comic Con, the show's producers Jeremy Rogers and David Accampo will be in attendance, handing out promotional CDs and such. If you run across them, tell 'em Jayvee sent ya.

jayvee
luchadore

Postby jayvee » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:48 am

Just letting everybody know that the Wormwood machine keeps on turning.

Episode 3 went live a few days ago, and we're in the final stages of pre-production on Episodes 9 through 16. We've got ourselves a merchandise shop (through CafePress) and are trying desperately to get the word out. If you've got a Myspace or Facebook, let everyone know! Tell your friends!

Also... You think anybody here would be willing to do a 5 to 7 page, pro bono sequential commission? We're really looking to adapt Wormwood into other media but, at this juncture, not even the writers or voice actors are getting paid. If anyone's interested in getting in on the ground floor of a phenomenon, e-mail me at jeremiahvedder@yahoo.com and we can talk!

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum