Advertisement

Pedi's Comics / Graphic Novels Art:

Do you have a comic or other project you want to promote? Feel free to post about it here, but don't just post and run. Sticking around and joining in other discussions is the best way to get Outhousers interested in your work. These topics will also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum, for maximum exposure.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

pedi
Factor 8

Liked in: 10 posts

Pedi's Comics / Graphic Novels Art:

Postby pedi » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:49 pm

Hidy Ho... here's me art maties:
http://www.3dcreaturez.com
http://www.2dartistry.com
http://www.tradigitalart.com
http://www.pedi-comics.com

My Professional Demonstration Reels:
http://www.methodinmotion.com/demo-stream.html
Last edited by pedi on Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

pedi
Factor 8

Re: Pedi's art thread:

Postby pedi » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:57 pm

Thanks Greg ;)

24/7

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Doc Spider

Postby Doc Jon » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:06 pm

Damn, you really had that McFarlane vibe kicking in the 90's. Would you say he was one of your biggest influences?

I remember a lot of that stuff.

It's nice to see your stuff evolve, but I would love to see some superhero stuff from you as well. That new Diehard is cool, and you seem very well suited to something from Mignola's world. You have that superhero vibe, but with a grittiness to it that adds a nice tone.

HJJOUNB SAWLWEN HATES MEO!!!! -Royal

pedi
Factor 8

Postby pedi » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:20 pm

jsalwen wrote:Damn, you really had that McFarlane vibe kicking in the 90's. Would you say he was one of your biggest influences?

It's nice to see your stuff evolve, but I would love to see some superhero stuff from you as well. That new Diehard is cool, and you seem very well suited to something from Mignola's world. You have that superhero vibe, but with a grittiness to it that adds a nice tone.

Yep, McFarlane was the reason I was first attracted to comics art, inspiring me most over all the artists, enough for me to take steps to enter the field... My first published work was for Marvel Comics Presents #139 at age 16, but my second was a pin-up for Spawn #18 at age 16.

McFarlane remains the person in this field I respect the most.

I've got nothing against hero books... I love doing the comics and GNs in all their shapes and forms.

investcomics
Birdman

Liked in: 0 post

Postby investcomics » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:04 pm

pedi wrote:
jsalwen wrote:Damn, you really had that McFarlane vibe kicking in the 90's. Would you say he was one of your biggest influences?

Yep, McFarlane was the reason I was first attracted to comics art, inspiring me most over all the artists, enough for me to take steps to enter the field... My first published work was for Marvel Comics Presents #139 at age 16, but my second was a pin-up for Spawn #18 at age 16.

McFarlane remains the person in this field I respect the most.

I've got nothing against hero books... I love doing the comics and GNs in all their shapes and forms.

I totally saw the McFarlane influence. Your stuff is REAL nice Pedi. I'm digging your Spidey. Cool stuff you got going on!

ErickCruz
Mad Hatter

Postby ErickCruz » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:36 am

Y'know it's funny, out of all the Image clones you rarely saw a Todd McFarlane clone, sorry Pedi, dont want to upset you or anything by "typecasting" you, just an observation, it was always the Lee/Silvestri/Liefeld clones that were getting hired but no one tried to emulate Todds work all that much, but as you can see someone did and got a gig out of it.

Whats real interesting is seeing how styles/artists evolve, your art now resembles nothing of what it was then. Same with some of those Wildstorm/Extreme guys like Travis Charest, Marc Pacella and Dan Fragga. I think Marat's art still has some hints of that old Extreme style.
I AM GOD! er... BATFAN
AKA the Punk

[url=http://erickcruz.deviantart.com/]My artwork[/url]
[url=http://erick-cruz.webs.com/]MY cheap @$$ website[/url]

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:15 am

So true.

I would never have guessed you were the same artist from those earlier pages. Man, your art style has changed and really looks mature. This isn't to knock your earlier stuff since I think that stuff could get you a job today in the biz, but it is radically different.

pedi
Factor 8

Postby pedi » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:50 am

investcomics wrote:I totally saw the McFarlane influence. Your stuff is REAL nice Pedi. I'm digging your Spidey. Cool stuff you got going on!

Yeah, well, when I was in 7th-10th grade, looking at McFarlane (and Arthur Adams, and some others) art was pretty much how I schooled myself... I loved spidey the most. Thanks for your remarks!

pedi
Factor 8

Postby pedi » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:54 am

jsalwen wrote:So true.

I would never have guessed you were the same artist from those earlier pages. Man, your art style has changed and really looks mature. This isn't to knock your earlier stuff since I think that stuff could get you a job today in the biz, but it is radically different.

Yeah, no, I agree... my art very much resembled McFarlane in the beginning... but, as with any (er, I should say *most*) serious artists, when you don't stop, and follow your art wherever it takes you, generally, not only will your understanding of the medium, and the world around you, improve largely, but you will also find that suddenly, your art has entirely it's own flavor.

Thanks for mentioning it, J.

John Schneider
Fish-Smackin' Knight

Postby John Schneider » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:34 am

Hi Pedi, I hadn't noticed you were in this forum. Nice to see you here, your art for the GN looks cool, how you create a gritty atmosphere.
By the way I have some scripts in the submissions thread.

pedi
Factor 8

Postby pedi » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:07 pm

Hey John, thanks for mentioning it. ;)
I'll check out your script. And nice to see you here.
John Schneider wrote:Hi Pedi, I hadn't noticed you were in this forum. Nice to see you here, your art for the GN looks cool, how you create a gritty atmosphere.
By the way I have some scripts in the submissions thread.

pedi
Factor 8

Synopsis- “Devil’s Trigger Finger”

Postby pedi » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:14 pm

Alright... I've been given a green light from my partners... so here's the title of our 280 page painted GN and a synopsis of the storyline:

Synopsis- “Devil’s Trigger Finger”
Written by Sean and Matthew Kohnen:

One hundred years ago, as the 1800's were giving way to the new century, Bartimous Wyatt was the Best Shot in the Known World. He lived peacefully in a small town in Texas until the day a Dark Stranger came calling. The Devil had come to challenge Bartimous to a shooting contest, and the loser would have to cut off his Trigger Finger, never to shoot again. With a little divine help, Bartimous bested the Devil and took his prize.

But the Devil doesn't lose easily, and he sent his demons to regain what was his. Realizing his Fate, Bartimous gave the Finger to his son, Michael, and told him never to let it go, and never to forget...

Now, a century later, Michael Wyatt hasn’t forgotten. Fueled by anger and the fiendish power granted him by the Devils Trigger Finger, he seeks out those who’ve sold their Soul to the Devil. With his twin Colt revolvers spitting slugs of cold iron, and the preternatural speed and marksmanship of the Devil himself, Michael hunts down the Demon Brokers who do the Devil’s work here on Earth, canceling the Deals they’ve made for the souls of the Lost.

In this four issue mini-series, Michael finds himself caught in the middle of the ongoing battle between Heaven and Hell, and struggles to save a woman whose Soul could tip the delicate balance of the War decisively towards the forces of the Infernal, sending Mankind plummeting towards Eternal Darkness.

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:17 pm

I just saw this at the Rama and responded there.:)

This is a very intriguing concept. I really like the premise and it has potential for real depth. It has a simple concept that's easy to understand, but can have real intricacy underneath. I look forward to seeing this.

pedi
Factor 8

Postby pedi » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:39 pm

jsalwen wrote:I just saw this at the Rama and responded there.:)

This is a very intriguing concept. I really like the premise and it has potential for real depth. It has a simple concept that's easy to understand, but can have real intricacy underneath. I look forward to seeing this.

Thanks Jon! It's the story that really caught my attention, and the only reason I agreed to taking the project.... I'm really excited about the possibilities with this, and inspired so much by the writing every day I paint new pages! Can't wait! ;)

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Creator's Corner