Advertisement

Who's going to the NYCC

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

fumaninja
Opera Singer

Liked in: 0 post

Who's going to the NYCC

Postby fumaninja » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:33 pm

I'll be there and would like to meet up with some of the board members.

Advertisement

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 541 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Re: Who's going to the NYCC

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:03 pm

I am going to try and make it, but what with the new job, 8 months pregnant woman, and whatnot, I may not be able to. :( It makes me sad, because I just got a message on my answering machine today from Stan Lee. :) If I'm able to go, I'll let you know.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Doc Spider

Postby Doc Jon » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:22 pm

Doombug is going.

I will not be able to make it, unfortunately, BUT I would love to go. I'm so jealous.

HJJOUNB SAWLWEN HATES MEO!!!! -Royal

blagblag
Designer Interactive

Postby blagblag » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:02 pm

JudeTerror wrote: I just got a message on my answering machine today from Stan Lee.

Was it a bunch of crazy, hyperactive ramblings? I love Stan Lee, but the man's legally insane I think.

You ever seen the Jim Lee/Stan Lee Comic Book Greats video? It's pretty funny cause by the end, you're really wishing Stan would just shutup for a bit and let Jim finish, and Jim does an amazing job of being patient with him:

Part 1:
http://www.comichron.com/MonthlyRankings/Diamond2008/DiamondFebruary2008/tabid/276/Default.aspx

blagblag
Designer Interactive

Postby blagblag » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:04 pm

I've never been to a "real" con sadly, but I've been to several of the ones in my local medium sized town. About the size of two gymnasiums. Roy Thomas was at the last one though and I talked to him about Conan and Robert E. Howard for like half an hour.

I think I'm going to go to the next one in Charlotte though.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:47 pm

dick buff wrote:
JudeTerror wrote: I just got a message on my answering machine today from Stan Lee.

Was it a bunch of crazy, hyperactive ramblings? I love Stan Lee, but the man's legally insane I think.

You ever seen the Jim Lee/Stan Lee Comic Book Greats video? It's pretty funny cause by the end, you're really wishing Stan would just shutup for a bit and let Jim finish, and Jim does an amazing job of being patient with him:

Part 1:
http://www.comichron.com/MonthlyRankings/Diamond2008/DiamondFebruary2008/tabid/276/Default.aspx

To be honest, the whole experience was kind of creepy, because I listened to the message in bed after waking up from a nap, and honestly, I sleep in the nude. Listening to Stan Lee rant about the NYCC while lying naked in bed is truly a strange experience. There you have it, more information than you ever wanted to know about Jude Terror. I now fully expect our web traffic to be cut in half.

blagblag
Designer Interactive

Postby blagblag » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:55 pm

JudeTerror wrote:
dick buff wrote:

Part 1:

To be honest, the whole experience was kind of creepy, because I listened to the message in bed after waking up from a nap, and honestly, I sleep in the nude. Listening to Stan Lee rant about the NYCC while lying naked in bed is truly a strange experience. There you have it, more information than you ever wanted to know about Jude Terror. I now fully expect our web traffic to be cut in half.

I started reading your post after walking out of the shower naked and refreshing the page. So by an amazing coincidence, I was standing over my chair naked while reading about you lying in bed naked.

...so now the other half of the traffic is gone and it's just two guys sitting around naked. Bludnet has really taken a turn for the worse.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:04 pm

I'm going to cry myself to sleep now.

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:13 pm

Nah, Bludnet's always been about a couple guys sitting around naked in front of their computers...

...seriously.

blagblag
Designer Interactive

Postby blagblag » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:22 pm

jsalwen wrote:Nah, Bludnet's always been about a couple guys sitting around naked in front of their computers...

...seriously.

oh, well I feel right at home then.

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:17 pm

Wish I could meet up with you guys.

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:14 am

So how was NYCC?

Let me live vicariously through you guys!

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum