Saturday, September 24, 2016 • Evening Edition • "The number two comic book website."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Black Panther on BET?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:33 am

According to Variety, it will happen.

Marvel Comics has signed a deal to turn one of its superheroes, the Black Panther, into a primetime animated series for BET, starting early next year.

Variety says BET made the announcement at its upfront presentation in New York as the highlight of a batch of new series being readied for the 2008-09 season, under the supervision of Reginald Hudlin, president of entertainment for BET.

investcomics

Birdman

Postby investcomics » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:27 pm

jsalwen wrote:According to Variety, it will happen.

Marvel Comics has signed a deal to turn one of its superheroes, the Black Panther, into a primetime animated series for BET, starting early next year.

Variety says BET made the announcement at its upfront presentation in New York as the highlight of a batch of new series being readied for the 2008-09 season, under the supervision of Reginald Hudlin, president of entertainment for BET.

This is great news. I'm not even a Black Panther fan, but I'll check this out!

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:38 pm

Black Panther could be such a great character. I'm bored with the way Marvel is treating him. I loved the Christopher Priest issues, though.

investcomics

Birdman

Postby investcomics » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:33 pm

jsalwen wrote:Black Panther could be such a great character. I'm bored with the way Marvel is treating him. I loved the Christopher Priest issues, though.

Black Panther is one of those characters Marvel could never really figure out. They run a solo series and bam it gets canceled. Only until recently have they figured out Iron Fist and POSSIBLY Cable (we'll see where this goes)
Here's a short list:
Deathlok
Namor
Luke Cage
Thor (starting to suffer SOLO series fate)
Moon Knight (see above)

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:00 pm

Yup.

All interesting characters that just can't quite sustain readership.

I wish Marvel had kept the Marvel Knights line strong. The second it started selling and MK Fantastic Four came out, I knew it was over. Why not just stick to what made the line work? Small characters that were generally ignored by the MU?

investcomics

Birdman

Postby investcomics » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:15 pm

jsalwen wrote:Yup.

All interesting characters that just can't quite sustain readership.

I wish Marvel had kept the Marvel Knights line strong. The second it started selling and MK Fantastic Four came out, I knew it was over. Why not just stick to what made the line work? Small characters that were generally ignored by the MU?

Oh God for bid jsalwen Marvel stuck to a plan. MK had SOOOO much potential to blow the lid off of the "regular comic line."
.....but to no avail, the end result is the same.
*cough* Epic Line

fallentaco

SUSHI FISH

Postby fallentaco » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:27 pm

I would watch this if it were not on BET, I refuse to support them in any way.

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:48 pm

fallentaco wrote:I would watch this if it were not on BET, I refuse to support them in any way.

This could be interesting.

Why?

blagblag

Designer Interactive

Postby blagblag » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:57 pm

jsalwen wrote:
fallentaco wrote:I would watch this if it were not on BET, I refuse to support them in any way.

This could be interesting.

Why?

He doesn't like black people.

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:18 pm

*gasp*

leave a comment with facebook