Sunday, December 4, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "We deal with the loons so you don't have to."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Has Marvel Officially Run Out Of Ideas?????

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

investcomics

Birdman

Postby investcomics » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:53 pm

Are they NOT "The House of Ideas" ? I saw this and could not believe it. This has to go down as one of the dumbest things Marvel has done in a looooong time. All I can say is WOW.........

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:58 pm

I heard of this.

Didn't DC do something like this a little while ago?

I will not be picking it up.

SuperginraiX

Outhouse Editor

Postby SuperginraiX » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:03 pm

Me neither, but it's sort of on the same line as Marvel Zombies. I remember when this was originally proposed to Joe. It was at a con I think at one of the Cup of Joe panels.

I think if they handle it well, it'll be another success story, just like MZ.

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:18 pm

Super: I think you're right. Stuff like this has a place. It's not my cup of tea, particularly, but it doesn't mean there aren't people who will emjoy it.

I thought Marvel Zombies was ok, but it didn't really do it for me either.

investcomics

Birdman

Postby investcomics » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:58 pm

Zombies is not my cup O tea neither, but it all looked and felt like a good idea once it got up and running. This ape thing just looks downright stupid to me, IMHO.

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:20 pm

Well, it's not the greatest idea Marvel has ever had. Let's hope it's decent.

investcomics

Birdman

Postby investcomics » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:21 pm

jsalwen wrote:Well, it's not the greatest idea Marvel has ever had. Let's hope it's decent.

....sorry didn't mean to be such a downer with this thread. I need to try to see the brighter side to this. You know like Marvel Morphs. :P

scottmdavis

Factor 8

Postby scottmdavis » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:14 pm

Marvel Zombies is a fun ride. my gf loves them!!

As for this, meh.

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:58 pm

investcomics wrote:
jsalwen wrote:Well, it's not the greatest idea Marvel has ever had. Let's hope it's decent.

....sorry didn't mean to be such a downer with this thread. I need to try to see the brighter side to this. You know like Marvel Morphs. :P

No, I know what you mean. I don't want to hate on projects. Obviously someone thought this could be good. I would rather have another miniseries with Gravity or something.

leave a comment with facebook