Thursday, June 30, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Sometimes true. Always authentic."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

New Critique Forum!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Tue May 06, 2008 10:32 pm

Erick getting help from CC on the Rama gave me this idea.

We have an industry pro right here at Bludnet, and we are not tapping into his knowledge at all. To this end, and with Pedi's gracious acceptance, we have started a Critique Forum. This is for all you up and comers that want to receive crits on your work.

All I know is, my work would be a hundred times better than it is now if I had a guy willing to give me this kind of feedback years ago. So spread the word, hemophiliacs, and don't let this opportunity go to waste!

blagblag

Designer Interactive

Postby blagblag » Wed May 07, 2008 10:21 am

yeah this is a fantastic idea.

I'm in my mid-twenties now and it royally pisses me off when I think about how much better of an artist I could be now if I had had a mentor, or just a professional critiquer as Pedi's offering, when I was much younger. I was raised in a small southern town, and there were very few people that were even interested in drawing comics (that had much talent) and NONE of the "art teachers" knew anything about comic art and really were not very good artists in general. It was incredibly frustrating and really stunted my growth.

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Wed May 07, 2008 10:31 am

I had some good art teachers, but they hated comic art. I was actually told I was wasting my time when I showed one of them comic sketches I had done.

AntiLogic

Factor 8

Postby AntiLogic » Wed May 07, 2008 1:57 pm

Well, today's my b-day... (32)... and my wife and I are heading out to Malibu for a 2 hour horse ride.... but I'll be back at night, if either of you, or anyone else, wants to post their art in the crit forum... I'm happy to help and share my knowledge and exprience :)

Derm

Rorshach Test Subject

Postby Derm » Wed May 07, 2008 3:50 pm

Sounds great.
I really want to develop a final polish for my art so some critques would be great.
Always enjoyed the sketching part too much and avoided the slower inking part.
Might take me a week or two to get something ready though as I'm away on holidays for 5 days from this weekend.
Just thought I would register my interest though.

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Wed May 07, 2008 3:54 pm

Very cool, derm.

AntiLogic

Factor 8

Postby AntiLogic » Wed May 07, 2008 11:47 pm

Cool, I see a couple posts in the crit forum... and I'll get to them shortly :)

leave a comment with facebook