Advertisement

Turok Movie?

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Doc Spider

Turok Movie?

Postby Doc Jon » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:00 pm

American Indian actor Adam Beach, who voiced the animated movie Turok: Son of Stone, says a live action movie is in the works...

"We just finished the animated movie and now we're going into the feature film movie [which should lens] hopefully in a couple years. We're about to set up meetings to develop a script and put it out there," Beach enthused. "I'll have to beef up, and be a good guy, and save the world!"

Turok, of course, has his origins in comic books but is no doubt much more widely known today as the star of several popular video games. Although many claim that the franchise has recently “nuked the fridge,” 1997’s “Turok: Dinosaur Hunter” is often credited as being one of the earliest blockbuster first person shooters for the N64, helping to usher in a whole new era in gaming.

For Beach, however, what’s important about the character isn’t so much his recent (somewhat varied) history, but his status as one of the only high-profile Native American supers.

Beach, who is of Saulteaux decent, calls the opportunity to play a Native America superhero “a dream.”

“He’s the first Native American superhero that I ever looked up to,” he said. “He basically [comes from] a family where they’re protecting our universe from an alternate universe that wants to take it over. He uses his wits, and his might, and his special bow and arrow to take over the world.”

HJJOUNB SAWLWEN HATES MEO!!!! -Royal

Advertisement

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Re: Turok Movie?

Postby Doc Jon » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:02 pm

I think this movie could be awesome. The issue here is budget and of course a script.

It's going to be heavily CG, but considering people's love of dinosaurs, this could be a sweet looking film. It could also be a B-movie to end all B-movies, but that's not necessarily bad either.

Derm
Rorshach Test Subject

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Derm » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:07 pm

It's possible this could be fun but my favourite part of the article was the “nuked the fridge,” bit.
I wonder if it will catch on.

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:34 pm

Derm wrote:It's possible this could be fun but my favourite part of the article was the “nuked the fridge,” bit.

Where did that come from?

Derm
Rorshach Test Subject

Postby Derm » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:51 pm

jsalwen wrote:
Derm wrote:It's possible this could be fun but my favourite part of the article was the “nuked the fridge,” bit.

Where did that come from?

First time I've seen it but I think the guy is putting a Indy 4 spin on the "jumping the shark" phrase.

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:26 pm

Ah.

Mikeg
Snake On A Plane

Postby Mikeg » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:50 pm

Yeah thats what I found most interesting about the article too. "nuked the fridge" I wonder also if that will replace jump the shark. I guess if enough people start using it, slowly people will begin asking where it came from and then laugh when they are told.

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:03 pm

Yeah, "jumped the shark" has kinda nuked the fridge anyway.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum