Monday, September 26, 2016 • Morning Edition • "At least we're not Multiversity!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Would love to here some comments on the writing

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Nekid_Monkey

hobo killer

Postby Nekid_Monkey » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:41 pm

Just submitions an editor of this art mag asked me. It was basically do a review of something but do it only as a spring board to other things.

Something about Batangas City, our official drink is KApeng barako, which is basically really strong coffee.

page 1
page 2

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:20 pm

I'm getting red x's as well.

Nekid_Monkey

hobo killer

Postby Nekid_Monkey » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:58 pm

hehe. Sorry bout that.

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:15 am

I feel like I'm tripping when I'm reading your stuff.:)

I like it. I think your one problem is that it feels like you're trying to stuff too much into panels sometimes. I feel like you should explain a character first, like the robot, before you hit us with the existential lingo. It can be hard to get a grasp of a character, when the dialogue hits you so hard right from the start.

Still, I love the chances you take. And your art just keeps getting more and more awesome.

Nekid_Monkey

hobo killer

Postby Nekid_Monkey » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:06 am

Aw. Thanks man. I don't like explaining characters too much. I like making people think about it more than just handing it to them, and maybe thats the problem because comics, especially short pieces like these, nobody (even me) thinks of dissecting them. Check out my deviant art account, there's a whole 8 pager there that you might or might not like.

AntiLogic

Factor 8

Postby AntiLogic » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:01 am

Definitely trippy........ story's a bit hard to follow. They seem more like random thoughts on a theme, strung together with squiggle art...... style of art is interesting, and the colors are fun.... the storytelling is confusing.

Nekid_Monkey

hobo killer

Postby Nekid_Monkey » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:53 pm

Yep. Definitely more musings, vignettes even,. The editor asked me to do reviews and use them as springboards for interesting thoughts. I tried to go eddie campbell and just ditch polished art, but eddie campbell has years of experience drawing from live models, so no way to compete.

Anyway, thanks for the comments! I'll definitely take them to heart and post more.

leave a comment with facebook