Advertisement

Hiya! Back for more blood.

Do you have a comic or other project you want to promote? Feel free to post about it here, but don't just post and run. Sticking around and joining in other discussions is the best way to get Outhousers interested in your work. These topics will also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum, for maximum exposure.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Nekid_Monkey
hobo killer

Liked in: 0 post

Hiya! Back for more blood.

Postby Nekid_Monkey » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:39 am

Be brutal, take no prisoners, but Id like you to review this as a whole in conjunction with the art.

page 1

page 2

page 3

page 4

page 5

page 6

page 7

page 8

and that's all folks, hope it at least makes people laugh or think a bit. :D thanks in advance for taking a look,
Last edited by Nekid_Monkey on Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
lubidiblubidi braP!

Advertisement

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Doc Spider

Re: Hiya! Back for more blood.

Postby Doc Jon » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:26 pm

I was reading this the other day on your deviant page.

Let me look through all of it and get back to you.

HJJOUNB SAWLWEN HATES MEO!!!! -Royal

pedi
Factor 8

Postby pedi » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:38 pm

Hey Nekid.... I'll give you my crit once I find a free moment.

Jon........ how come you guys don't have Nekid's strips on your home site as content?

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Doc Spider

Postby Doc Jon » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:42 pm

pedi wrote:Hey Nekid.... I'll give you my crit once I find a free moment.

Jon........ how come you guys don't have Nekid's strips on your home site as content?

I just heard about this strip and checked it out this week.

I want it on the front page, but this isn't really a strip but rather an 8 page story. I'll still put it on the front page, but I wanted a chance to read through it first.

We'd definitely consider publishing any strips by Nekkid and he knows that.

HJJOUNB SAWLWEN HATES MEO!!!! -Royal

pedi
Factor 8

Postby pedi » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:26 pm

Nekid,

Heh......... I read your story, studied your art............ and it triggered a mild flashback ;)

I liked it. It's original. It's not serious, though the topic is, kinda, in a "deep", nonsensical way.

The writing style reminds me of some artsy, black and white, transcendental, drug-induced french film..... except, with vibrant colorful cartoony animals.... The story-telling, texture and stylistic art are an interesting mix and, surprisingly, communicate the concept well. The use of your abstract art panels to convey the ethereal notions, were a nice touch.

Though, a bit of a long read.... 8 pages was a bit much for the concept, without enough of a punchline to support the weight.......... could've used a bit of editing, or more shrooms, to keep the hallucination interesting.

Keep'm coming.

Nekid_Monkey
hobo killer

Postby Nekid_Monkey » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:52 pm

;D cool. Hehe. Once again Eddie campbell is a big influence.

Jon. Im trying to make more of these 8 pagers so that you'll have enough material to put online, Ill tell you once I have enough.

Thanks for the comments! Im really proud of this 8 pager, probly the best and most personal thing Ive written. I agree with you on the ending, but I guess its a hit or miss since I when I started this I never wanted it to be a punchline type of story. Oh well, glad you guys liked the coloring and writing. The biggest worry for me was the whole abstract parts, didnt know if it would do anything for anyone. I was kind of afraid that some of it would just end up being pretentious panels, good to see that it didnt become more of the latter.
lubidiblubidi braP!

pedi
Factor 8

Postby pedi » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:26 am

Nekid_Monkey wrote: ;D cool. Hehe. Once again Eddie campbell is a big influence.

Jon. Im trying to make more of these 8 pagers so that you'll have enough material to put online, Ill tell you once I have enough.

Thanks for the comments! Im really proud of this 8 pager, probly the best and most personal thing Ive written. I agree with you on the ending, but I guess its a hit or miss since I when I started this I never wanted it to be a punchline type of story. Oh well, glad you guys liked the coloring and writing. The biggest worry for me was the whole abstract parts, didnt know if it would do anything for anyone. I was kind of afraid that some of it would just end up being pretentious panels, good to see that it didnt become more of the latter.

Well, I didn't mean "punchline" as in haha.... more so referring to a climax, a third act, a reason for being a story, rather than just a stream of emotive thought.

Your thoughts are definitely interesting in a disturbed kinda way. You've definitely got something, a visual style and a voice. There's going to be someone, or more than one, your story connects to on the same deep personal level that inspired you to produce it. But, if you're looking to appeal to the masses, then IMO, there's a certain structure in developing a story, that is lacking in a way, from this story. But then again, not all stories need a Hollywood ending.

Alcoholic_Spider
Factor 8

Title: Boozemoines, ID.
Formerly: J.Hunter

Postby Alcoholic_Spider » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:57 am

pedi wrote:
Nekid_Monkey wrote: ;D cool. Hehe. Once again Eddie campbell is a big influence.

Well, I didn't mean "punchline" as in haha.... more so referring to a climax, a third act, a reason for being a story, rather than just a stream of emotive thought.

Your thoughts are definitely interesting in a disturbed kinda way. You've definitely got something, a visual style and a voice. There's going to be someone, or more than one, your story connects to on the same deep personal level that inspired you to produce it. But, if you're looking to appeal to the masses, then IMO, there's a certain structure in developing a story, that is lacking in a way, from this story. But then again, not all stories need a Hollywood ending.

Yea, not a hollywood ending just a small payout for the reader's investment of time, emotion, and thought. Readers are stingy, "what's in it for me", type of peeps. So they expect to get a payout at the end.

Unfortunately we as writers aren't always writing FOR THEM, lol. I wish women understood this, hah.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Creator's Corner