Friday, July 1, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Special collector's edition 4D variant!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Pedi's "Post-It Doodles" Art:

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

AntiLogic

Factor 8

Postby AntiLogic » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:53 am

So... often times, I get bored while working, waiting on renders, or phone conferences... and I doodle on a little 1"X2" colored post-it pad, with a medium ball point bic pen, approximately 2-3 minutes each. Here's a collection of 49 of these doodles:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:55 am

Those are awesome sketches.

The hatching is just sweet. It reminds me of the guy that used to have those animated shorts on MTV.

AntiLogic

Factor 8

Postby AntiLogic » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:53 pm

Thanks Jon.... it helps pass the time ;)

I think you're talking about the Plympton cartoons... his stuff is great.

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:31 pm

There you go, Plympton! It was driving me nuts trying to think of that.

ErickCruz

Mad Hatter

Postby ErickCruz » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:44 pm

Hey Pedi, think you could do a sketch of the Cloverfield monster anytime soon?

AntiLogic

Factor 8

Postby AntiLogic » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:56 pm

Maybe... can you PM me some ref images for the monster? I haven't seen the movie.

And... it'll have to wait till after I do a pin-up painting of Bludblood... :)

ErickCruz

Mad Hatter

Postby ErickCruz » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:46 pm

pedi wrote:Maybe... can you PM me some ref images for the monster? I haven't seen the movie.

And... it'll have to wait till after I do a pin-up painting of Bludblood... :)

no hurry man. besides, after google searching there arent any good reference shots, you'd have to rent the flick to get a better look, he kinda looks like a rancor.

blagblag

Designer Interactive

Postby blagblag » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:16 pm

whoa, those are incredible. I love drawings done with that style of hatching.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:03 pm

dick buff wrote:whoa, those are incredible. I love drawings done with that style of hatching.

Yeah, they remind me of the kind of drawings you'd find as illustrations in books from the nineteenth century, know what I mean? Very cool.

AntiLogic

Factor 8

Postby AntiLogic » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:57 am

Thanks a lot guys! Nice of you to mention! :)

AntiLogic

Factor 8

Postby AntiLogic » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:36 am

Here's s'more:

ImageImageImageImageImage

Alcoholic_Spider

Factor 8

Postby Alcoholic_Spider » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:40 pm

You have a very strong Jack Davis/Eisner style my friend. I have post-it art too but not as cool as that. It was done in ball point pen and I don't know how to scan them in to where they look good.

But!

I'm willing to learn. Just need to get a stack of post-its!

AntiLogic

Factor 8

Postby AntiLogic » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:02 pm

Thanks JH! Both Eisner and Davis are without a doubt, exceptional artists to be compared to. :)

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:19 pm

I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but these are amazing. These little doodles are better than most of the stuff on the shelves.

ziza9

Designer Interactive

Postby ziza9 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:33 pm

Wow Pedi. These are great. In my head I had more to say, but all that's coming out is "wow." These are inspirational. I'm off to draw.

leave a comment with facebook