Advertisement

Mal and Felicity on a Wonder Woman movie?!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Doc Spider

Mal and Felicity on a Wonder Woman movie?!

Postby Doc Jon » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:01 pm

In Wonder Woman, the fourth animated DVD movie from Warner Bros. and DC Comics, Keri Russell (Felicity) voices Princess Diana, the Amazonian superhero.

"She's a true, strong warrior, but she's also right at the break of being a young woman standing on her own and fighting out in the world," Russell told TV Guide's RICH SANDS.

The movie, directed by Lauren Montgomery (Superman Doomsday), tells Diana's origin story, and reportedly is based on the 1987 George Perez-helmed comic revamp that pitted Wonder Woman against god of war Ares.

"This story is funny and action-packed and adult in a nice way," said Russell. "Then they said Nathan Fillion was playing opposite me, and that made it that much better."

"Playing second fiddle to Keri is a wonderful fiddle to play," said Fillion, who costarred with Russell in the 2007 indie film Waitress. "I've done it before, I'll do it again--quite happily."

Fillion (Serenity), who previously voiced the fan favorite Vigilante in two episodes of Justice League Unlimited, here plays Air Force pilot Steve Trevor, who crash lands on the Amazon island. "What I like about Steve Trevor is that he's a very real guy. He's very honest and he's very natural. He doesn't apologize for much. And he's about as normal as a guy can be while hanging out with Wonder Woman."

Russell and Fillion are supported by Virginia Madsen (Justice League) as Diana's mother, Queen Hippolyta; Rosario Dawson (Sin City) as Amazon rival Artemis, who briefly wore the WW mantle in the 90s comic series; and Alfred Molina (Spider-Man 2) as Ares. Composer Christopher Drake (Batman: Gotham Knight) will be providing at least some of the score.

Executive Producer Bruce Timm recently told EDWARD GOODSMITH at Comics2Film that he's seen animation for the flick and that "everything is looking awesome."

The newly-released Gotham Knight DVD offers a 10-minute Wonder Woman featurette, which reveals the film’s writer to be Michael Jelenic (The Batman, Legion of Super Heroes).

Wonder Woman is planned for a February 2009 DVD release.

HJJOUNB SAWLWEN HATES MEO!!!! -Royal

Advertisement

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Re: Mal and Felicity on a Wonder Woman movie?!

Postby Doc Jon » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:49 pm

I like her. SHe makes me laugh in the wrong way during Sin City though.

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:12 pm

Greg wrote:
jsalwen wrote:I like her. SHe makes me laugh in the wrong way during Sin City though.

Heh. What about her in the film makes you laugh?

The dialogue.

I know it was accurate to the book, but a lot of it was cringe-worthy. Pretty much any line by Brittany Murphy, a lot of the narration, etc.

What works in comics doesn't work in film.

I love Benicio and some of the stuff, but a lot of the film makes me laugh.

Alcoholic_Spider
Factor 8

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Boozemoines, ID.
Formerly: J.Hunter

Postby Alcoholic_Spider » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:19 am

Greg wrote:Haha! Yeah, I know what you mean. Some of the dialogue and the way they're spoken are pretty bad, but I feel that the style they're trying to emulate really works with the type of movie and atmosphere the film is. At least the way my mind works with it, it works great. And Benecio was my favorite character in that movie. You have no idea how much fun I have watching his scenes and trying to act his parts, heh. ;D

We could have an idea if you Youtubed it!

C'mon Greg, don't be scurred.

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:37 am

Greg wrote:Haha! Yeah, I know what you mean. Some of the dialogue and the way they're spoken are pretty bad, but I feel that the style they're trying to emulate really works with the type of movie and atmosphere the film is. At least the way my mind works with it, it works great. And Benecio was my favorite character in that movie. You have no idea how much fun I have watching his scenes and trying to act his parts, heh. ;D

I know that it was exactly what Rodriguez was going for, but I would have actually preferred if Rodriguez had taken some liberties.

I know fans love exact translations, but I like to see a filmmaker make the subject matter his own.

Look at the Nolan Bat-films. They are as fas removed from Batman in the comics as the Burton Bat-films, but it works.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum