Saturday, July 23, 2016 • Morning Edition • "We're so sorry, DC. Please take us back."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

SEVEN PAGES

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Dick Tater

Faster Pussycat

Postby Dick Tater » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:20 pm

Here are the first seven pages from my next book, to be titled "Diminishing Returns." Its about time travel, Robitussin abuse, madness, greed, anthropomorphic insects, Vincent Van Gogh, Prog Rock...basically every completely un-marketable subject you could put into a comic book. Depending on when I finish it, Look for it under a half full bag of Cheetos at your local comics store or growing mold in boxes next to the hot water heater in my basement.

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:07 pm

Dude, I love your style. It has a real indy feel, but the coloring and shading show great polish.

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:10 pm

How long is the story meant to be? Pages I mean.

Dick Tater

Faster Pussycat

Postby Dick Tater » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:46 am

Thanks alot! The gray tones came as an afterthought, because after inking the first three pages, I felt like they weren't "busy" enough. For the brushy stuff and the splats I use straight watercolors, and for most of the grays I use prismacolor double-sided markers in warm and cool grey.
I've got it scripted at 40 pages and i'm on page 17 now, so it'll be a while yet.

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:54 am

That looks like it was computer colored. Seriously.

I had to look at the pages again.:)

Keep us posted on your progress, and maybe we can publish your stuff digitally, or the intro to it.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:32 pm

jsalwen wrote:That looks like it was computer colored. Seriously.

I had to look at the pages again.:)

Keep us posted on your progress, and maybe we can publish your stuff digitally, or the intro to it.

We're going to get him a nice front page interview to pimp the book. :)

That's my friend who I've been trying to get to post his stuff here forever. Aren't those pages incredible?! You should see his other stuff - I have three of his books at my house that I'll show you. Which reminds me, we have one of his strips in the Anthology, coming soon...

leave a comment with facebook