Advertisement

Videogames...

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 395 posts
Title: The Show Starts In 2 Minutes
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:23 am

DAMNIT Some places are breaking street date for Animal Crossing! :smt013

http://forums.e-mpire.com/showthread.php?p=1955472

Advertisement

kingofcities
dINGO

Liked in: 0 post

Postby kingofcities » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:56 am

Anyone else get Mortal Kombat VS The DCU yesterday? I only got to play for about a half hour but so far this game kicks much ass.

Eric

Liked in: 59 posts

Postby Eric » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:04 pm

kingofcities wrote:Anyone else get Mortal Kombat VS The DCU yesterday? I only got to play for about a half hour but so far this game kicks much ass.

Yes.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:11 pm

So it's okay storywise how the DC characters don't just kick the MK characters' asses?

Somehow it seems (and admittedly I haven't played it) kind of self-defeating to play a wimpier version of a character...

Baskerville Holmes
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Baskerville Holmes » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:13 pm

sdsichero wrote:So it's okay storywise how the DC characters don't just kick the MK characters' asses?

Somehow it seems (and admittedly I haven't played it) kind of self-defeating to play a wimpier version of a character...

I can't bring myself to play a T rated MK game. Even if it's a "hard" T, the censoring of the Joker's fatality was weak beyond all belief.

Regardless, I could never imagine myself buying this game ever. Rental maybe, but that's it.
[img]http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7824/340x.gif[/img]

Frag
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Liked in: 19 posts
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz

Postby Frag » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:23 pm

Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.

Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117

kingofcities
dINGO

Postby kingofcities » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:28 pm

sdsichero wrote:So it's okay storywise how the DC characters don't just kick the MK characters' asses?

So far so good. There are two story modes and the game plays out differently depending on which version you choose. I picked the DCU version first. It starts with Superman having just defeated Darkseid. Supes accidentally damages Darkseid's Mother Box right as he's trying to Boom Tube away. It causes some kind of bleed between worlds. That's how the MK characters show up. It's cool though because the fighting supports the actual story. After the Supes incident you see The Flash is in Metropolis helping Supes. The first fight is between Flash and Kano when he first shows up. Then Flash goes to investigate another bleed and then you get Flash vs another character (think this one was Catwoman). After a few fights that are story related there's a thing where Flash gets affected by the temporal/reality bleed and that's when Bats shows up to take him down. After the defeat they go to the Batcave so Bats can check out Flash and find out what happened. And another incident happens etc, etc. I really dig how it's all playing out.

It doesn't really feel wimpier to me. There's still a shit ton of blood and the action is fantastic. The graphics are sweet too. Especially with the superpowers. Like The Flash will superspeed off one side of the screen and then onto the other then proceed to throw about a hundred punches in two seconds. Bad ass.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:33 pm

kingofcities wrote:It doesn't really feel wimpier to me. There's still a shit ton of blood and the action is fantastic. The graphics are sweet too. Especially with the superpowers. Like The Flash will superspeed off one side of the screen and then onto the other then proceed to throw about a hundred punches in two seconds. Bad ass.

That's cool. Still think it is one-sided but glad you enjoy it.

I guess I am old school and am hoping against odds that they bring Tatsunoko vs. Capcom over...

[youtube=425,344,s9waKpgNMhY][/youtube]

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 49 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:36 pm

Anyone in here play Wii Music yet?

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Baskerville Holmes
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Baskerville Holmes » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:36 pm

GLX wrote:Anyone in here play Wii Music yet?

I hope not.

C20Percent
rubber spoon

Postby C20Percent » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:40 pm

How is Nintendo still around?

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 49 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:41 pm

C20Percent wrote:How is Nintendo still around?

The Wii.
The DS.

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

C20Percent
rubber spoon

Postby C20Percent » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:42 pm

GLX wrote:The Wii.
The DS.

:roll:

Baskerville Holmes
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Baskerville Holmes » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:47 pm

C20Percent wrote:How is Nintendo still around?

They outsell everyone. I love Nintendo, just not when they put out stuff like WiiMusic.

And as far as their true flagship titles go, nobody can really make a better game than they can.

C20Percent
rubber spoon

Postby C20Percent » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:58 pm

TheScantronman wrote:They outsell everyone. I love Nintendo, just not when they put out stuff like WiiMusic.

And as far as their true flagship titles go, nobody can really make a better game than they can.

I just gotta disagree. I bought a Gamecube for #100 -- I regret it -- I had Metroid Prime, which was good, and I had Zelda Wind Waker, which didn't do it for me. Every other 1st Party game they have is Mario "X". Everyone I know that has a Wii doesn't use it -- it's collecting dust. I'd like to see that guy that only has a Wii, and considers himself/herself a serious gamer. What is the Wii's highest selling title right now? Wii Fit? Smash Bros.? I'm so done with Nintendo -- I pretty much have been since the NES. I completely ignored the Super NES for Sega Genesis -- the only game I think I ever played on 64 was Goldeneye -- myabe a little Mario Kart.

I would like to see their demographic -- who is buying this stuff? How often do you play your Wii compared to the 360 or PS3? I'm just a Nintendo hater.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum