Thursday, April 28, 2016 • Evening Edition • "At least we're not Newsarama!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


Your Top DCU Villains

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Jack Burton

biny little tird

Postby Jack Burton » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:22 pm

I chose one Rogue and that was Captain Cold. Unless Zoom or Grodd count as Rogues...
User avatar

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:25 pm

Zechs wrote:Damn Trickster got a raw deal. :(

And he tricked the devil too. Now I feel bad I didn't vote for him.


I'm sure there's a lot of crap characters ahead of him, but honestly, I wouldn't have voted for him, unless I was trying to get him on the list for personal reasons, until my 20th-30th vote at best. There's no way I could make a case for voting him in my top 10, unless I was purposely leaving folks off that I figured were getting lots of points and trying to just vote for lesser characters I liked. Therefore this is about the right place, since we all know some people voted totally random characters #1 just to guarantee them decent spots on the list.
User avatar

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:27 pm

Jack Burton wrote:I chose one Rogue and that was Captain Cold. Unless Zoom or Grodd count as Rogues...


Cold made my list, and I know Grodd and Zoom were debatable for me, however I think I left those two off in the end. Cold is the best Rogue there is and Zoom and Grodd aren't part of that crew, but they are part of the reason the Flash has the second best rogues gallery in the DCU, behind only Batman.
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:29 pm

rdrsfn82 wrote:I'm shocked TO Morrow didn't get more support. He's had a pretty prominent role lately, but it looks like maybe he just got chap's 5th place vote.

I have no idea who Cavalier is.

Trickster is cool, but that seems like the right number of points for him.

heh, i actually didn't vote for Morrow, but that dude is awesome. Cavalier, awesomely ghey. :-D an OLD-schol Bat-villain.
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:30 pm

rdrsfn82 wrote:Cold made my list, and I know Grodd and Zoom were debatable for me, however I think I left those two off in the end. Cold is the best Rogue there is and Zoom and Grodd aren't part of that crew, but they are part of the reason the Flash has the second best rogues gallery in the DCU, behind only Batman.

rubbish! Reverse-Flash >> ALL. Cold is second, then Grodd third. Zoom sucks donkey.
User avatar

Jack Burton

biny little tird

Postby Jack Burton » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:30 pm

rdrsfn82 wrote:Cold made my list, and I know Grodd and Zoom were debatable for me, however I think I left those two off in the end. Cold is the best Rogue there is and Zoom and Grodd aren't part of that crew, but they are part of the reason the Flash has the second best rogues gallery in the DCU, behind only Batman.


I'm a bigger Flash fan than a Batman fan so my list reflects that. Prof. Zoom(Eobard Thawne) was on my list because I love Return of Barry Allen. Grodd is just a big mean smart psychic gorilla. That's awesome anyway you slice it.
User avatar

Jack Burton

biny little tird

Postby Jack Burton » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:31 pm

chap22 wrote:rubbish! Reverse-Flash >> ALL. Cold is second, then Grodd third. Zoom sucks donkey.


Disagree. Cold>Zoom>Grodd. And I LOVE Zoom but....Johns just kicked so much ass with Cold I couldn't vote for Zoom over him.
User avatar

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:32 pm

chap22 wrote:heh, i actually didn't vote for Morrow, but that dude is awesome. Cavalier, awesomely ghey. :-D an OLD-schol Bat-villain.


I am shocked you didn't vote for Morrow. :shock:

I figured your list was all mad scientists and Reverse Flash. :-D
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:34 pm

rdrsfn82 wrote:I am shocked you didn't vote for Morrow. :shock:

I figured your list was all mad scientists and Reverse Flash. :-D


And Blockbuster. :P
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:36 pm

rdrsfn82 wrote:I am shocked you didn't vote for Morrow. :shock:

I figured your list was all mad scientists and Reverse Flash. :-D

y'know, there's really only two mad scientists on my list...and one of them barely counts since the original Crisis.
User avatar

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:37 pm

chap22 wrote:rubbish! Reverse-Flash >> ALL. Cold is second, then Grodd third. Zoom sucks donkey.


Zoom is cool, Reverse-Flash is great, Grodd is probably my second favorite Flash villain after Cold, but Cold is better than all of them. How many people could be that awesome in that lame of a costume with that basic and boring of a power? There is no reason looking at the individual parts that the guy should be awesome, but there's a reason he's the leader of the best functioning villain group of all time. A group that actually killed their main rival (even if it was Bart and Inertia helped and it was out of their normal rules to do it), how many villains have that on their resumes? Add in that he's basically just a guy working for a living and that he's got an amazing code of honor, and you have a character with more depth than most heroes in either the Marvel or DCU.

Leonard Snart is better than just about everyone ever.
User avatar

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:39 pm

chap22 wrote:y'know, there's really only two mad scientists on my list...and one of them barely counts since the original Crisis.


Luthor and Sivana?
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:40 pm

rdrsfn82 wrote:Zoom is cool, Reverse-Flash is great, Grodd is probably my second favorite Flash villain after Cold, but Cold is better than all of them. How many people could be that awesome in that lame of a costume with that basic and boring of a power? There is no reason looking at the individual parts that the guy should be awesome, but there's a reason he's the leader of the best functioning villain group of all time. A group that actually killed their main rival (even if it was Bart and Inertia helped and it was out of their normal rules to do it), how many villains have that on their resumes? Add in that he's basically just a guy working for a living and that he's got an amazing code of honor, and you have a character with more depth than most heroes in either the Marvel or DCU.

Leonard Snart is better than just about everyone ever.

bah. Thawne is so cool, he's Barry's greatest enemy, Iris's worst nightmare, the star of Wally's best story, and the ancestor of Bart's greatest enemy. now THAT is a Flash villain.
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:40 pm

rdrsfn82 wrote:Luthor and Sivana?

1 out of 2. Sivana would've made my 11-15.
User avatar

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:42 pm

chap22 wrote:1 out of 2. Sivana would've made my 11-15.


I thought he'd be there for sure. I wonder who the other is if it's not Morrow or Sivana. I'm interested.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Draco x, FaceBook [Linkcheck], Grayson, Keb, Mister Babadook, MSNbot Media, Randy Randerson, sillylitlelamb and 60 guests