Saturday, June 25, 2016 • Morning Edition • "The Outhouse Universe will never be the same!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Transformers Club

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:46 pm

I liked Furman's stuff at Dreamwave... but some of his stuff at IDW has been lackluster (and sometimes confusing). Hope his Maximum Dinobots is good. All Hail MMegatron has been fun so far though.

TF:A... still hasn't hooked me.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:52 pm

sdsichero wrote:I liked Furman's stuff at Dreamwave... but some of his stuff at IDW has been lackluster (and sometimes confusing). Hope his Maximum Dinobots is good. All Hail MMegatron has been fun so far though.

TF:A... still hasn't hooked me.


I liked the start up at Dreamwave, but after that, it was all lackluster to me.
He seems to have a fixation for a bigger baddie monster from Cybertron then anything else AND leans on Unicron too much. The IDW isn't much different. All of it's OK though.

Maximum Dinobots should hopefully be fun. All Hail is the one that's confusing me. It doesn't seem, nor does the Blurr Spotlight, connect up with the prior comics.

TF:A worked for me after sitting down and watching it. Not badly done.
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:02 pm



God I hope they get Hugo Weaving back. He was great if not David Kaye. Oh yeeeeeessss.

Also character sheet for the new Decepticons gracing the show in S3:

Image
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:03 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:I liked the start up at Dreamwave, but after that, it was all lackluster to me.
He seems to have a fixation for a bigger baddie monster from Cybertron then anything else AND leans on Unicron too much. The IDW isn't much different. All of it's OK though.

Maximum Dinobots should hopefully be fun. All Hail is the one that's confusing me. It doesn't seem, nor does the Blurr Spotlight, connect up with the prior comics.

TF:A worked for me after sitting down and watching it. Not badly done.


Though they have said that it links up, I just took All Hail Megatron as a sequel to the G1 animated series. In that light, it works fine for me.

Dunno about TF:A... I watched a few episodes <6. The humans are just too goofy for me... and (EDIT) Bulkhead too. Bumblebee is annoying. Otherwise it is okay.

Who are your favorite TFs?

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:04 pm

Zechs wrote:God I hope they get Hugo Weaving back. He was great if not David Kaye. Oh yeeeeeessss.

Also character sheet for the new Decepticons gracing the show in S3:

Image


Cyclonus looks good, the rest................blah.

I want more more Blitzwing in the show!
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:06 pm

Strika is from Beast Machines and thus keeps being a female and her transformation mode. The second to last dude was released in the toyline.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:09 pm

sdsichero wrote:Though they have said that it links up, I just took All Hail Megatron as a sequel to the G1 animated series. In that light, it works fine for me.

Dunno about TF:A... I watched a few episodes <6. The humans are just too goofy for me... and Lugnut too. Bumblebee is annoying. Otherwise it is okay.

Who are your favorite TFs?


I'm still confused.

I liked the show, because in the end, it struck me as being similar in story and tone as some of the 80s independent titles were like. Try watching more, you may change your mind.

Mostly Optimus Prime, Ultra Magnus, Hot Rod/Rodimus, Megatron/Galvatron, Starscream...........numerous others, mostly Autobots.

It depends on which show. With the recent one.......Bumblebee, Bulkhead, Rachet, Optimus, Prowl, Starscream, Blitzwing and Megatron.
The rest are kind of a take or leave sort of thing. Although Blurr was catching me as well as the Starscream clones.

Beast Wars......Cheetor after Optimus and Megatron.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:10 pm

Post Autobots now..............come Zechs...........
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:46 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:I'm still confused.

I liked the show, because in the end, it struck me as being similar in story and tone as some of the 80s independent titles were like. Try watching more, you may change your mind.


I don't hate TF:A... Just don't find it engaging. Perhaps less of the humans and Bulkhead (whose design I like but not his voice or personality) and I might be more interested.

Mostly Optimus Prime, Ultra Magnus, Hot Rod/Rodimus, Megatron/Galvatron, Starscream...........numerous others, mostly Autobots.


MUHAHAHAHA! Zechs must be going crazy!

It depends on which show. With the recent one.......Bumblebee, Bulkhead, Rachet, Optimus, Prowl, Starscream, Blitzwing and Megatron.
The rest are kind of a take or leave sort of thing. Although Blurr was catching me as well as the Starscream clones.

Beast Wars......Cheetor after Optimus and Megatron.


I am disappointed. Not enough cat TFs!

I liked a bunch, some because of the toys, some because of the characters. Usually liked the Primes/Primals but like in comics, tend to like the lesser characters more. A smattering:

Sideswipe, mostly cause I liked the Countach as a kid (even though I wasn't really a kid by the time TFs debuted)...
Image

Hound. Always thought he was a "nice guy"
Image

Grimlock... just fun...
Image

Springer... Just struck me as a pretty cool character from the movie.
Image
(don't like that image)

Prowl... liked his design. Feel kind of sorry for him.
Image

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:54 pm

sdsichero wrote:I am disappointed. Not enough cat TFs!

I liked a bunch, some because of the toys, some because of the characters. Usually liked the Primes/Primals but like in comics, tend to like the lesser characters more. A smattering:

Sideswipe, mostly cause I liked the Countach as a kid (even though I wasn't really a kid by the time TFs debuted)...
Image

Hound. Always thought he was a "nice guy"
Image

Grimlock... just fun...
Image

Springer... Just struck me as a pretty cool character from the movie.
Image
(don't like that image)

Prowl... liked his design. Feel kind of sorry for him.
Image


Are tastes are similar. I like those guys too. The G1 is all good for me.

Geez, you must be around my age or close to it.

I can't recall some of the more recent cat characters from the other T shows of late. I bought a number of Cheetor figures. :-D
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:59 pm

As for Beast Wars... my favorite character is Rhinox. He may be my favorite character in TF.
Image

Rattrap was another fun one.
Image

I loved a lot of the toys from the Japanese BW series. Wish I could have seen it (though I have heard mixed things)...

Rockbuster
Image

Gimlet
Image

Diver
Image

Scuba
Image

Ikard
Image

Not a decepticon or Predacon in sight. :-D

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:07 pm

sdsichero wrote:As for Beast Wars... my favorite character is Rhinox. He may be my favorite character in TF.
Image

Rattrap was another fun one.
Image

I loved a lot of the toys from the Japanese BW series. Wish I could have seen it (though I have heard mixed things)...

Rockbuster
Image

Gimlet
Image

Diver
Image

Scuba
Image

Ikard
Image

Not a decepticon or Predacon in sight. :-D


A few episodes mad it out as Fansubs..........poor stuff, sourced from video tape.

Did you ever catch Machine Robo?
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:12 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:Post Autobots now..............come Zechs...........


I don't have any. I never do. :twisted:
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:13 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:Are tastes are similar. I like those guys too. The G1 is all good for me.

Geez, you must be around my age or close to it.


I think so. But I is old. :(

I can't recall some of the more recent cat characters from the other T shows of late. I bought a number of Cheetor figures. :-D


Ravage
Image
Image

Okay that's a Decepticon/Predacon...

Tigatron
Image

Which of course led to Tigerhawk...
Image

And obviously Lio Convoy
Image

& Lio Jr.
Image

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:14 pm

Zechs wrote:I don't have any. I never do. :twisted:


That'll change................

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Glaeken, MarvelFan88, MikeinLA and 43 guests