Advertisement

Cleaing the Plate 12-03-08 Spoilers

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 104 posts

Cleaing the Plate 12-03-08 Spoilers

Postby misac » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:41 am

Read it here.

Advertisement

eyp
Fagorstorm

Liked in: 0 post

Re: Cleaing the Plate 12-03-08 Spoilers

Postby eyp » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:51 am

misac wrote:Read it here.

I really enjoyed X-Infernus, I agree with everything stated there, but I do not like the cover art at all. It's 90's art with a new millennium twist.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:06 pm

I like the variant cover.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:14 pm

misac wrote:I like the variant cover.

I liked the original up until I saw the variant. I agree, variant is much cooler.

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby rdrsfn82 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:26 pm

Loved X-Infernus as well. Great little story that has really drawn me in, even though I wasn't planning on picking it up at first.

I'm really enjoying Terror Titans. I don't think Roulette works for the story though. I think the whole deal with Ravager's powers being similar to what Clock King can do is a key part of the plot and you obviously can't do that with Roulette. I can't wait for the next issue, especially after seeing the return/debut on the last page. :-D

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:42 pm

I'm either the only who has read Terra or everyone is disagreeing with me and doesn't want to say anything. :P

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:50 pm

starlord wrote:I'm either the only who has read Terra or everyone is disagreeing with me and doesn't want to say anything. :P

I almost bought it because of Amanda Conner but decided to just wait for Power Girl.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 135 posts

Postby doombug » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:51 pm

starlord wrote:I'm either the only who has read Terra or everyone is disagreeing with me and doesn't want to say anything. :P

You don't like it? :? Or her? :? :?

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:56 pm

the art is great! Connor is super, but no, I'm not impressed with this origin story at all. It just feels very uneven to me. But I'd be delighted if I'm proven wrong in the end.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 171 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:11 pm

Terra is one of those charcters who, i'm sorry, should NEVER be revisited. her first story arc covered about 15-20 issues all told and is one of those classics, with one of those finite endings, that will never be touched. putting someone else in the name/suit/power set is just bogus, and even teasing at bringing back the original is even moreso.

the only way i'd buy it is if somehow they pulled a huge (but believable, at least to me) cop-out similar to what they did with Geo-Force in BATO 1-2, and provide her a one-time-only "get out of death free" pass by saying that burying her in the ground somehow caused her earth-based powers to heal her.

but really she (and the legacy of the character as well) just needs to stay dead.
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby rdrsfn82 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:18 pm

I'm not reading it and I agree with chap, Terra had a perfect story and character arc and doesn't need to be revisited ever again.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:36 pm

Can't disagree with that thought. Part of me feels the same way, as I did with Terra II... and Jean Grey the first time... and probably Steve Rogers some where down the line.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 135 posts

Postby doombug » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:07 pm

chap22 wrote:Terra is one of those charcters who, i'm sorry, should NEVER be revisited. her first story arc covered about 15-20 issues all told and is one of those classics, with one of those finite endings, that will never be touched. putting someone else in the name/suit/power set is just bogus, and even teasing at bringing back the original is even moreso.

the only way i'd buy it is if somehow they pulled a huge (but believable, at least to me) cop-out similar to what they did with Geo-Force in BATO 1-2, and provide her a one-time-only "get out of death free" pass by saying that burying her in the ground somehow caused her earth-based powers to heal her.

but really she (and the legacy of the character as well) just needs to stay dead.

give her a chance, she's a cute character that seems to have a lot going for her. Though if you don't like her you may not want to pick up teen titans or power girl as it seems like she might land in either book.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 171 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:00 pm

doombug wrote:give her a chance, she's a cute character that seems to have a lot going for her. Though if you don't like her you may not want to pick up teen titans or power girl as it seems like she might land in either book.
it's not that i don't like her. in truth, i haven't read one panel of a single book she's been in. i just don't see the point in having ANY Terra.
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand