Wednesday, May 4, 2016 • Evening Edition • "At least we're not The Comics Reporter!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

RPGs...

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:52 pm

Just thought I'd start a generic thread on RPGs. Not Rocket Propelled Grenades, but Role Playing Games. My thought was more the tabletop type games, but if people want to talk computer type, it's cool.

I know that Wis like RPGs... I think Nightfly and Comic Doctor do too. GLX maybe? Strict knows Shadowrun, but don't know if he plays.

Anyone interested?

Have to admit, I haven't actually played a session for a few years, but I try to keep up with what's coming out. I have an unhealthy amount of books since I really like reading about the settings and such. Also, next year looks like some interesting RPGs may be coming to the Nintendo DS (though I have't had time to get into the ones I bought yet).

So, favorite settings? Games? Systems? Etc?

MoneyMelon

Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:54 pm

sdsichero wrote:Not Rocket Propelled Grenades

Son of a bitch! :x

Comic_Doctor

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Comic_Doctor » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:54 pm

I loved Marvels' old RPG game set with the FASERIP layout. I was addicted to the books since I liked reading about everyone and every thing. I played a lot of RIFTS back in the early 90's too. They had a great system there.

I haven't played in years (aside from WoW online), but I've always wanted to. I always had a good time.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:56 pm

MoneyMelon wrote:Son of a bitch! :x

Sorry. :(

Jack Burton

biny little tird

Postby Jack Burton » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:57 pm

Never played a tabletop game. It's never been my thing. I've only in the last 5 years of so gotten into video game RPG's. I tend to like the Western ones more like KOTOR, Fallout 3 and Mass Effect. I don't like most JRPG's sorry Final Fantasy players those games bore the crap out of me. Kingdom Hearts was fun enough though.

AaronW

Rain Partier

Postby AaronW » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:57 pm

I run a D&D game weekly. Been playing since 1984.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:58 pm

Comic_Doctor wrote:I loved Marvels' old RPG game set with the FASERIP layout. I was addicted to the books since I liked reading about everyone and every thing. I played a lot of RIFTS back in the early 90's too. They had a great system there.

I haven't played in years (aside from WoW online), but I've always wanted to. I always had a good time.

Was the Marvels one made by Mayfair? Or was it TSR?

Never played Rifts though I had some of the books. Looked pretty interesting. Did try TMNT once though.

So you like WoW a lot? Have you looked at any of the D20 stuff for that?

AaronW

Rain Partier

Postby AaronW » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:59 pm

sdsichero wrote:Was the Marvels one made by Mayfair? Or was it TSR?

Never played Rifts though I had some of the books. Looked pretty interesting. Did try TMNT once though.

So you like WoW a lot? Have you looked at any of the D20 stuff for that?

Marvel was TSR, DC heroes was Mayfair. Played a shitload of both in the day.

BarrySagittarius

Twenty-Something

Postby BarrySagittarius » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:59 pm

used to be a GURPS fan

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:59 pm

The last RPG I played was Mutants and Masterminds. But ever since my folks died, I just haven't had the patience for role-playing.

AaronW

Rain Partier

Postby AaronW » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:00 pm

Strict31 wrote:The last RPG I played was Mutants and Masterminds. But ever since my folks died, I just haven't had the patience for role-playing.

Too busy fighting real crime?

too phar?

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:00 pm

Jack Burton wrote:Never played a tabletop game. It's never been my thing. I've only in the last 5 years of so gotten into video game RPG's. I tend to like the Western ones more like KOTOR, Fallout 3 and Mass Effect. I don't like most JRPG's sorry Final Fantasy players those games bore the crap out of me. Kingdom Hearts was fun enough though.

Is it the setting or the turn system you think?

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:02 pm

Aaron_W wrote:too phar?

Maybe a little bit, yeah.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:02 pm

Aaron_W wrote:I run a D&D game weekly. Been playing since 1984.

Damn you. Wish I had time and a group.

Are you guys on 4e? What setting?

AaronW

Rain Partier

Postby AaronW » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:02 pm

Strict31 wrote:Maybe a little bit, yeah.

I'm sorry. I wasn't meaning it to be like that but my lack of good sense got in the way. My apologies.

leave a comment with facebook