Advertisement

The Toy Shed Thread

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zechs
Staff Writer

Liked in: 4 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:09 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:None, I can't afford them. But I know of at least four places that I can buy them, one being up the street from my home.

I'd love to have those two as well.

Now here's an open question.

If you're shopping for a figure, and some kid spots it in your hands, gives the long face, would you give it to him/her or kick them so they'll fuck off?
What about a parent of said kid giving you the guilt trip or a staffer at the store?

I ask because years ago, it seemed like every time I went into my LCS to buy a Transformer or Star Wars figure, some kid or two would show up and whine. Followed by a whiny parent. Every freaking time when I bought an Optimus Prime or Luke Skywalker. "It's just a toy and your like...an adult like....." I showed restraint and didn't teach the kid(s) that their mom could cry when called a string of certain words. Unlike in 1990.

Depends.. hasn't ever happened to me. Probably because if there's a kid in the aisle looking at the same thing I am, I'll let him look it over and be elsewhere until he's gone to which I'll give it a look see.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Advertisement

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 37 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:16 pm

Strict31 wrote:In toronto, there's a shitload of places to buy figs at. At least ML figures. Around here, that ain't so much the case.

In my experience, it's not kids, or parents with kids, rather, buying these figures.

And both Mattel and Hasbro realize this, or else they wouldn't have each created separate lines specifically aimed at kids.

So, I'd either tell the parent that, and aim them towards the cheaper kids-themed product that won't break the first time little Johnny tries to have Kitty Pryde drop an atomic elbow on Blue variant Costume Angel.

Or, I'd simply tell the parent he must not really love his kid, because instead of running his fuckin' mouth, he could have been stabbing me in the belly. At which point, I would stab him in the belly for being a failure as a parent, and say to the child, "Welcome to life, kid. Get a fuckin' job."

:lol:

Yeah, there are a number of places, but these happened at an out of the way LCS. Most LCSes have become toy shops more then not around here.
I just restrained myself and pointed the kid to the back of the store or turned them over to the staffer. The parents I just returned the look they gave. Hell, I head to order the one figure at the brat is almost pitching a fit 'cause he wants it? I really wish I could have kicked that kid through a wall. I hate spoiled brats. If I acted that way as a kid, I got smacked and later dealt with if I didn't smarten up after that.

Thing is, there always seems to be that line of thought that, the stuff is for kids, not an adult. But for me, I'm thinking, it's a product, I got it in hand and the money for it. Also, where the hell do they have the knowledge that it's always for myself? These modern parents are self centered fucktards making newer generations.

OK I vented. And asked the question.

Part is when I told the one story to the former gf, she said the, "it was just a toy..." ...I should have knifed her then and there.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:19 pm

Zechs wrote:Depends.. hasn't ever happened to me. Probably because if there's a kid in the aisle looking at the same thing I am, I'll let him look it over and be elsewhere until he's gone to which I'll give it a look see.

I used to do that as a kid.

That or it was like to tigers circling a dead gazelle....would get it?

'Course, the one that hesitated or who got called away by a parent.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"

Zechs
Staff Writer

Postby Zechs » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:40 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote::lol:

Yeah, there are a number of places, but these happened at an out of the way LCS. Most LCSes have become toy shops more then not around here.
I just restrained myself and pointed the kid to the back of the store or turned them over to the staffer. The parents I just returned the look they gave. Hell, I head to order the one figure at the brat is almost pitching a fit 'cause he wants it? I really wish I could have kicked that kid through a wall. I hate spoiled brats. If I acted that way as a kid, I got smacked and later dealt with if I didn't smarten up after that.

Thing is, there always seems to be that line of thought that, the stuff is for kids, not an adult. But for me, I'm thinking, it's a product, I got it in hand and the money for it. Also, where the hell do they have the knowledge that it's always for myself? These modern parents are self centered fucktards making newer generations.

OK I vented. And asked the question.

Part is when I told the one story to the former gf, she said the, "it was just a toy..." ...I should have knifed her then and there.

Lucy did the same thing to me to which I retorted, "And what if a young kid wanted that Bleach figures you snatch up always?" Silence and, "Your right..." VICTORY!

Also next month (or this depending where your at) the most wanted figure appears:

Wolverine Origins: Comic Edition Deadpool. He's like the entire series (and Fury Files) is the size of a G.I. Joe figure. And he's the next figure besides (Frank, Bullseye, and Ultimate Cap) I'm gonna be hunting for.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:51 pm

Zechs wrote:Lucy did the same thing to me to which I retorted, "And what if a young kid wanted that Bleach figures you snatch up always?" Silence and, "Your right..." VICTORY!

Also next month (or this depending where your at) the most wanted figure appears:

Wolverine Origins: Comic Edition Deadpool. He's like the entire series (and Fury Files) is the size of a G.I. Joe figure. And he's the next figure besides (Frank, Bullseye, and Ultimate Cap) I'm gonna be hunting for.

HA! She dared and lost! LOST!!

I hope you made her kiss you. :-D :wink:

Deadpool swords look like they're cheap props.

Zechs
Staff Writer

Postby Zechs » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:01 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:HA! She dared and lost! LOST!!

I hope you made her kiss you. :-D :wink:

Deadpool swords look like they're cheap props.

Nah she gave ran a hand through my hair instead. Felt like a freakin cat and loved it when she did that.

And yeah the Deadpool's swords look horrible. But the guns he has look actually goot. Also the sai he has is huge.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:04 pm

Zechs wrote:Nah she gave ran a hand through my hair instead. Felt like a freakin cat and loved it when she did that.

And yeah the Deadpool's swords look horrible. But the guns he has look actually goot. Also the sai he has is huge.

Women.....they know how to own us.

DAMNIT!!!!

:lol: :wink:

Zechs
Staff Writer

Postby Zechs » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:29 pm

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 31 posts
Title: ライダー変身!
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:33 am

Zechs wrote:Course I do.

Shit, I have to go to prostitutes for that here.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 31 posts
Title: ライダー変身!
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:35 am

Cat-Scratch wrote:Women.....they know how to own us.

DAMNIT!!!!

:lol: :wink:

Not us. You're just a pussy.

:P

And as for the kid, tell him to beat it. If you had 10 of the same fig in your hand and didn't give one to the kid, well, you're a jerk. But if you are just buying one, hell, tell him to scram. If the parent gives you flack, just tell them you are buying it for your nephew. :-D

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 34 posts
Title: Ain't enough space bitches

Postby Strict31 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:24 am

Zechs wrote:http://www.toyark.com/news/gi-joe-toy-news-11/gi-joe-movie-rise-of-cobra-single-cards-785/

Dear God these look horrible.

Indeed they do.

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."

Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

prozacman
Expert Post Whore

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Sir PopsPills Alot
Formerly: Darth Prozac

Postby prozacman » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:21 am

toynewsi.com has a bunch of new photos of upcoming JLU. Amanda Waller, General Iling, Old Bruce Wane and Warhawk from Batman Beyond, and other obscure figures I never thought they would make.

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode= ... 00&start=0

HNutz
Fagorstorm

Liked in: 9 posts

Postby HNutz » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:49 am

Zechs wrote:http://www.toyark.com/news/gi-joe-toy-news-11/gi-joe-movie-rise-of-cobra-single-cards-785/

Dear God these look horrible.

At least Shipwreck still has Polly... :P

http://www.toyark.com/news/attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=3729

prozacman wrote:toynewsi.com has a bunch of new photos of upcoming JLU. Amanda Waller, General Iling, Old Bruce Wane and Warhawk from Batman Beyond, and other obscure figures I never thought they would make.

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode= ... 00&start=0

Heh, the Waller/Elling/Bats 3 pack isn't the most action-packed combo I've ever seen, but it works. There's even a Nighthawk in there. But yeah, for me, the JLU (Old Bruce, Terry McGuinness and Warhawk) is the set to get! And this Bats actually resembles the source material more than the last figure..

I know it's pretty unlikely but I'd like to get a second JLU set at some point. Maybe with old Supes, GL and Barda?

Zechs
Staff Writer

Postby Zechs » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:44 pm

*drools*

I WANT IT! I WANT IT! I WANT IT!!

FUCK.. *looks at pants* I just wet myself..

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

john lewis hawk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: not here

Postby john lewis hawk » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:58 pm

I might have to get that Green Arrow figure...

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand