Advertisement

Reviewing Proof!

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Greg
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: AKA The Hidden Hands of Horror

Advertisement

Greg
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Greg » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:23 am

Bump, you bastards! Read it!

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 1158 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:30 am

Well done!! :-) Enjoyed it.

I have never read Proof :oops:

Greg
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Greg » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:21 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Well done!! :-) Enjoyed it.

I have never read Proof :oops:

That's why it was reviewed that way you folks would at least think of checking it out.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 156 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:11 pm

I was thinking of getting it already, but I remembered seeing the review on the front page (didn't read it though) when I was at the LCS this morning, and it reminded me to pick up the first two trades.

Grassy
Flying Mongoose

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Grassy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:32 pm

I picked up the first arc when it came out and thought the story was great, but had mixed feelings on the art. I picked up the second arc when it was collected and didn't think it was as good as the first one, but the art has really started to grow on me. I plan on picking up the third trade when it comes out.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 273 posts

Postby doombug » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:33 pm

Chris wrote:I was thinking of getting it already, but I remembered seeing the review on the front page (didn't read it though) when I was at the LCS this morning, and it reminded me to pick up the first two trades.

You'll have to tell us your thoughts sir. Such a great book.

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby ****** » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:42 pm

Grassy wrote:I picked up the first arc when it came out and thought the story was great, but had mixed feelings on the art. I picked up the second arc when it was collected and didn't think it was as good as the first one, but the art has really started to grow on me. I plan on picking up the third trade when it comes out.

I thought the most recent arc (Thunderbirds) was weaker than the second. I'm still going to read the series in trades going forward, but it's starting to get bogged down by too many characters and ideas. They need to scale it back to a more straight forward fbi-style story for an arc or two.

Apache Chef
Expert Post Whore

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby Apache Chef » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:33 pm

I agree that the Thunderbirds arc was kind of sloppy. But the latest issue seemed to get things focused a little more. I'm looking forward to seeing where they go with it.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand