Tuesday, July 26, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Hope you survive the experience!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Question about Forge

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:17 am

jeremiahvedder wrote:Okay, someone help me with this, if this is my imagination or not ... but can't Forge only make things once? Like, he can invent a weapon but will be unable to invent it ever again? I don't know where this notion came from or why it's in my head, but it's there and there must be a reason!

First I've heard of that.

I'm wondering if Ellis's Astonishing arc has anything to do with the New X-men arc with Nimrod.

Hab

zombiemichaeljackson

rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:18 am

habitual wrote:First I've heard of that.

It could be one of those forgotten Claremontism's like Gambits' telepathic 'charm' ability.

Crump

Hater

Postby Crump » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:34 am

Ben wrote:It could be one of those forgotten Claremontism's like Gambits' telepathic 'charm' ability.

ha ha, oh yeah. Sigh. Good times.

GratefulFred

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby GratefulFred » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:43 am

spoilerzzzzz

is this about the issue of AXM that reveals the Chinese mutants know of Forge?

Crump

Hater

Postby Crump » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:49 am

GratefulFred wrote:spoilerz

is this about the issue of AXM that reveals..........

yeah, i mentioned the new issue, but half these mfs didn't even know about it.

zombiemichaeljackson

rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:30 am

Crump wrote:yeah, i mentioned the new issue, but half these mfs didn't even know about it.

Maybe that's because AXM is one of the most boring comics I've ever read? I got the first two issues and that ghost boxes thing and said 'fuck it.'

Crump

Hater

Postby Crump » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:37 am

Ben wrote:Maybe that's because AXM is one of the most boring comics I've ever read? I got the first two issues and that ghost boxes thing and said 'fuck it.'

probably a good call. i got the first two issues, then got ghost boxes #1 for free, but didn't bother with #2.

i'm glad i got axm#3, though. things start to pick up, but it's been one lackluster beginning to a new arc.

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:17 am

Crump wrote:probably a good call. i got the first two issues, then got ghost boxes #1 for free, but didn't bother with #2.

i'm glad i got axm#3, though. things start to pick up, but it's been one lackluster beginning to a new arc.

I was ready to drop it until issue #3 came out. It was just good enough to keep me interested. Everything up until then has sucked.

The Juan Percenter

Rain Partier

Postby The Juan Percenter » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:48 am

Crump wrote:I ain't gonna spoil shit, but if you like Forge, ya better pick it up.

Jza, I thought it was the best Ellis issue of AXM, whatever that means.

I thought that as well. I was about to drop it.

jeremiahvedder

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby jeremiahvedder » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:40 pm

Ben wrote:It could be one of those forgotten Claremontism's like Gambits' telepathic 'charm' ability.

I'm thinking you may be right. Because, remember back all those years ago when he invented the Neutralizer that rendered mutants powerless...? I vaguely remember them not being worried about him building another one after they destroyed the first because he simply couldn't. Or maybe I'm thinking about X-MEN: THE ANIMATED SERIES, something I heard there.

jza1218

Postby jza1218 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:00 pm

jeremiahvedder wrote:Okay, someone help me with this, if this is my imagination or not ... but can't Forge only make things once? Like, he can invent a weapon but will be unable to invent it ever again? I don't know where this notion came from or why it's in my head, but it's there and there must be a reason!

I think that's right

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:28 pm

Ben wrote:Maybe that's because AXM is one of the most boring comics I've ever read? I got the first two issues and that ghost boxes thing and said 'fuck it.'

I was interested in Ghost Boxes but I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay $4 for 16 pages of story.

leave a comment with facebook