Advertisement

Question about Forge

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 160 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:17 am

jeremiahvedder wrote:Okay, someone help me with this, if this is my imagination or not ... but can't Forge only make things once? Like, he can invent a weapon but will be unable to invent it ever again? I don't know where this notion came from or why it's in my head, but it's there and there must be a reason!

First I've heard of that.

I'm wondering if Ellis's Astonishing arc has anything to do with the New X-men arc with Nimrod.

Hab

Advertisement

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Liked in: 0 post

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:18 am

habitual wrote:First I've heard of that.

It could be one of those forgotten Claremontism's like Gambits' telepathic 'charm' ability.

Crump
Hater

Postby Crump » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:34 am

Ben wrote:It could be one of those forgotten Claremontism's like Gambits' telepathic 'charm' ability.

ha ha, oh yeah. Sigh. Good times.
Goat

GratefulFred
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby GratefulFred » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:43 am

spoilerzzzzz

is this about the issue of AXM that reveals the Chinese mutants know of Forge?

Crump
Hater

Postby Crump » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:49 am

GratefulFred wrote:spoilerz

is this about the issue of AXM that reveals..........

yeah, i mentioned the new issue, but half these mfs didn't even know about it.
Goat

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:30 am

Crump wrote:yeah, i mentioned the new issue, but half these mfs didn't even know about it.

Maybe that's because AXM is one of the most boring comics I've ever read? I got the first two issues and that ghost boxes thing and said 'fuck it.'

Crump
Hater

Postby Crump » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:37 am

Ben wrote:Maybe that's because AXM is one of the most boring comics I've ever read? I got the first two issues and that ghost boxes thing and said 'fuck it.'

probably a good call. i got the first two issues, then got ghost boxes #1 for free, but didn't bother with #2.

i'm glad i got axm#3, though. things start to pick up, but it's been one lackluster beginning to a new arc.
Goat

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:17 am

Crump wrote:probably a good call. i got the first two issues, then got ghost boxes #1 for free, but didn't bother with #2.

i'm glad i got axm#3, though. things start to pick up, but it's been one lackluster beginning to a new arc.

I was ready to drop it until issue #3 came out. It was just good enough to keep me interested. Everything up until then has sucked.

The Juan Percenter
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby The Juan Percenter » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:48 am

Crump wrote:I ain't gonna spoil shit, but if you like Forge, ya better pick it up.

Jza, I thought it was the best Ellis issue of AXM, whatever that means.

I thought that as well. I was about to drop it.

jeremiahvedder
Motherfucker from Hell

Title: GM J OK
Formerly: jeremiahvedder

Postby jeremiahvedder » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:40 pm

Ben wrote:It could be one of those forgotten Claremontism's like Gambits' telepathic 'charm' ability.

I'm thinking you may be right. Because, remember back all those years ago when he invented the Neutralizer that rendered mutants powerless...? I vaguely remember them not being worried about him building another one after they destroyed the first because he simply couldn't. Or maybe I'm thinking about X-MEN: THE ANIMATED SERIES, something I heard there.

jza1218

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby jza1218 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:00 pm

jeremiahvedder wrote:Okay, someone help me with this, if this is my imagination or not ... but can't Forge only make things once? Like, he can invent a weapon but will be unable to invent it ever again? I don't know where this notion came from or why it's in my head, but it's there and there must be a reason!

I think that's right

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 75 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:28 pm

Ben wrote:Maybe that's because AXM is one of the most boring comics I've ever read? I got the first two issues and that ghost boxes thing and said 'fuck it.'

I was interested in Ghost Boxes but I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay $4 for 16 pages of story.

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand