Advertisement

If Batman Came To Marvel

This is the forum for previews. They'll also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 389 posts

Re: If Batman Came To Marvel

Postby HNutz » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:54 pm

MikeinLA wrote:It would be pretty crippling to DC's sales, especially if all the characters related to the Bat franchise went with him.

Here's my hypothetical: if DC agreed to trade the Batman property to Marvel, what would they need to get back in order to make it an even swap?

Comics wise - Wolverine
Movies wise - The Avengers

Draco x wrote:
They could co-exist as I basically think Marvel would milk both characters more than they already are-heck they would even do a Batman/ Wolverine series for sales.

kinda like Spider-Man/Wolverine, except Batman wouldn't stand for Wolverine killing anyone (or using a gun, like in upcoming issues) and would plan a few ways to take him down.

Advertisement

jeremy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 1 post
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Postby jeremy » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:24 pm

If we pretend DC actually gave Batman up, I think it would be interesting to see Batman inserted into the "real world" instead of Gotham and what effect it would have on the character. If they put him in NY, it would no longer be "his city" with Spider-man and Daredevil running around. Even though I think Batman is one of the more "Marvel-like" characters they have, I don't see him fitting in very well.

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 268 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:04 pm

I'd look forward to Cap giving Batman a well deserved beating the first time he pulls his tower of babel crap.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 203 posts

Postby Draco x » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:36 pm

Rockman wrote:I'd look forward to Cap giving Batman a well deserved beating the first time he pulls his tower of babel crap.

Ironically that type of stunt would put Batman in Nick Fury's good grace for some reason.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 203 posts

Postby Draco x » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:52 pm

jeremy wrote:If we pretend DC actually gave Batman up, I think it would be interesting to see Batman inserted into the "real world" instead of Gotham and what effect it would have on the character. If they put him in NY, it would no longer be "his city" with Spider-man and Daredevil running around. Even though I think Batman is one of the more "Marvel-like" characters they have, I don't see him fitting in very well.

I personally wouldn't get rid of Gotham as that defines the character but have it as the result of some time warp that transports the whole city to Marvel. I would then like to see how the Marvel characters then come to Gotham and get up in Batman's face as he's not dealing with people he's familiar with anymore.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 80 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:21 am

David Bird wrote:I doubt Warners would ever sell the character, but studios to fall on hard times and ownership changes. What if Disney bought Warner?

I'm not sure if The Feds would let Disney keep both Marvel and DC. They might tell Disney it would have to sell one of the companies off because of unfair competition or something,

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

David Bird
phrase IV

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby David Bird » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:45 am

Juan Cena wrote:
I'm not sure if The Feds would let Disney keep both Marvel and DC. They might tell Disney it would have to sell one of the companies off because of unfair competition or something,

Actually, I seriously doubt the feds would care. First, they haven't really cared about media concentration since the Reagan administration, and, second, even combined the two companies only represent a small part of the print media.

Bond Hengbu
Rorshach Test Subject

Liked in: 20 posts

Postby Bond Hengbu » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:53 am

I just cannot see Batman without Gotham. What city would be the marvel equivalent?
" Power has two faces:

It's original form is as loathsome and obscene as it can be. only when you grab it, it turns into a kind face"

King Geum-Wa from Jumong

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 268 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:07 pm

Detroit

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 420 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Daddy Longlegs, Max Power

Postby outsider » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:55 pm

Bond Hengbu wrote:I just cannot see Batman without Gotham. What city would be the marvel equivalent?
Chicago.

I'd like to see Disney (not Marvel) buy Captain Marvel & the Shazam family.
-

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:00 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
:smt005 :smt005

That's precious, Nac. :lol:
-

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 433 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:10 pm

The money they make off of merchandizing out to lunch boxes alone would be reason not to sell batman.

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:18 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:The money they make off of merchandizing out to lunch boxes alone would be reason not to sell batman.
Yup, it doesn't matter if DC makes another gripping Batman story as long as the swag is selling.
-

guitargod694
Rorshach Test Subject

Liked in: 62 posts
Title: Total Spaceship Guy

Postby guitargod694 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:50 pm

Juan Cena wrote:

The most farcical post in this thread.
-Bill-

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to Previews