Advertisement

DC Comics Previews For April 23

This is the forum for previews. They'll also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1460 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: DC Comics Previews For April 23

Postby Grayson » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:14 pm

Amoebas wrote:Pre-52 Lemire and I did not get a long.

But New 52- Lemire and I - different story. Can't wait for my comic box and JL United!

His current run on Green Arrow is easily and consistently one of the best books being published by DC and his Animal Man was phenomenal. The fact that he is now going to be writing characters like the Martian Manhunter, Adam Strange, Stargirl, and Supergirl is reason enough to be excited about this new title.
ImageImageImage

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 553 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:15 pm

The Flash #30

An all-new creative team makes its debut to show the deadly consequences of The Flash’s speed powers. During the traumatic events of FOREVER EVIL, Central City suffered the worst that the Crime Syndicate could dish out. Now The Flash has returned to make things right, but there are limits to what even the Fastest Man Alive can do !

Well, that was fast (no pun intended). In addition to meeting Wally .. we already find out who the Future Flash is. Here's a hint. It's not
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Wally.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:37 pm

Amoebas wrote:Pre-52 Lemire and I did not get a long.

But New 52- Lemire and I - different story. Can't wait for my comic box and JL United!

Grayson wrote:His current run on Green Arrow is easily and consistently one of the best books being published by DC and his Animal Man was phenomenal. The fact that he is now going to be writing characters like the Martian Manhunter, Adam Strange, Stargirl, and Supergirl is reason enough to be excited about this new title.

I liked it ! The dialogue was tad "cutesy" here and there but I like the plot-points he laid out this issue. It's kind of like a cross between a JL title and Twin Peaks with a few completely unexpected guest-stars thrown in for extra fun :D
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:29 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:I liked it ! The dialogue was tad "cutesy" here and there but I like the plot-points he laid out this issue. It's kind of like a cross between a JL title and Twin Peaks with a few completely unexpected guest-stars thrown in for extra fun :D

I won't be able to pick up my books until later this week... :x
ImageImageImage

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:54 pm

Grayson wrote:
I won't be able to pick up my books until later this week... :x

Curious to hear your feelings on Aquaman #30. To me, this read completely different than #29. :lol: It didn't feel as silly. It's a nearly non-stop fight and action issue. The fights between Arthur and Hercules come across much better. And a logical setup at the end with another Leaguer for a team-up coming in the Aquaman Annual.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:38 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Curious to hear your feelings on Aquaman #30. To me, this read completely different than #29. :lol: It didn't feel as silly. It's a nearly non-stop fight and action issue. The fights between Arthur and Hercules come across much better. And a logical setup at the end with another Leaguer for a team-up coming in the Aquaman Annual.

I don't know if I will pick Aquaman up this week or not. If I do, I'll definitely tell you about it. :-D
ImageImageImage

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 466 posts

Postby Draco x » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:59 pm

Grayson wrote:
I'm sorry but it's just a concept that really doesn't make any sense to me. You have a comic written by Jeff Lemire featuring two characters that Lemire knows and has written extremely well in Animal Man and Green Arrow getting into all kinds of cosmic adventures with Adam Strange and the Martian Manhunter but the only thing that looks interesting to you is a new character whose powers are dependent upon whether it's shorts or sweater season?! I just...I can't even process it. :smt011 :lol:

I was trying to look for something nice to say other than the art, bro. LOL. :D

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to Previews