Thursday, June 30, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Comics: we give a crap!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Earth 2 #15 Preview

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:39 pm

Earth 2 #15 Preview

Earth 2 is 'WAR TORN' !



Source: preview images courtesy of Comics Continuum

 

DC's solicit:

Dr. Fate, Red Arrow, The Flash, Green Lantern and The Atom all fall victim to the Hunger Dogs of Apokolips as the war against the forces of Steppenwolf continues !
 
 
Written by:  James Robinson
Art by:  Nicola Scott, Trevor Scott
Cover by:  Juan Doe
32 pages
U.S. Price:  $2.99
On Sale:  August 7, 2013
 
















Written or Contributed by IvCNuB4




READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:05 pm

Over at the CBR forums there's a theory floating around that Brutaal is actually a brain-washed Earth 2 Superman. Could be. He hasflight, super-strength, invulnerability, glowing red eyes. Even his flying poses are very Superman-esque !
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:17 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Over at the CBR forums there's a theory floating around that Brutaal is actually a brain-washed Earth 2 Superman. Could be. He hasflight, super-strength, invulnerability, glowing red eyes. Even his flying poses are very Superman-esque !

pretty sure Supes' heat vision never looked like the Omega Effect. although I suppose with Apokoliptian technology they could change that. does the rumor extend to:

the Beguiler being WW and Bedlam being Batman? Taylor has promised Robinson leaves on a very shocking, game-changing note...i'd think Apokoliptian-reanimated corpses of the Big 3would qualify...
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:08 pm

chap22 wrote: does the rumor extend to:

the Beguiler being WW and Bedlam being Batman? Taylor has promised Robinson leaves on a very shocking, game-changing note...i'd think Apokoliptian-reanimated corpses of the Big 3would qualify...



They didn't mention it but that did cross my mind just as you were posting it :D
User avatar

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:19 pm

I caved and bought #1 on Comixology. If there's any way I could get into the New 52, it would be through a series that COMPLETELY ditches established continuity, not that compromise bullshit they've been doing. I hope I like it!
User avatar

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:35 pm

Read Earth 2 #1 today.

- The art was fucking gorgeous. How has Marvel not snapped up Nicola Scott yet?
- The plot and pacing was enjoyable. I like that DC has one book where they're completely ignoring everything that came before and starting a new universe from the ground up.
- The dialogue was stilted throughout and painful in parts. Does it get better?
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:46 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:- The dialogue was stilted throughout and painful in parts. Does it get better?

yes and no...it fluctuates from issue to issue, sometimes from page to page. with this book, you just kinda have to take some bad with the good.
User avatar

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:52 pm

chap22 wrote:yes and no...it fluctuates from issue to issue, sometimes from page to page. with this book, you just kinda have to take some bad with the good.


So what're the positives of the book in your mind? I'd have to go with the Nicola Scott art and the lack of reverence for a status quo.

Also, I've read the first two issues of Flash and have been tempted to start picking that up regularly. I know you read both; which way would you lean?
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:11 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:
So what're the positives of the book in your mind? I'd have to go with the Nicola Scott art and the lack of reverence for a status quo.

Also, I've read the first two issues of Flash and have been tempted to start picking that up regularly. I know you read both; which way would you lean?


I agree on your two points. I've loved Nicola's work since she started on BoP, and E-2 is the one book at DC right now that really feels like something new, where anything can happen to its characters. it's zero issue was by far my favorite of that whole gimmick, and is pretty central to the status quo. in addition, once you get beyond the whole "let's go out of our way to make sure nearly everybody is NOT a straight white male" aspect of it, most of the characters are likable or at least interesting, and the book gets to do character-building as well as overall world-building. makes for a different feeling book than most.

and yeah, I like Flash a lot. it's old-school, bright shiny superheroics with some classic soap opera thrown in, delivered with IMMO the best art in DC's whole line at the moment. worth a buy for sure.
User avatar

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:13 pm

chap22 wrote:pretty sure Supes' heat vision never looked like the Omega Effect. although I suppose with Apokoliptian technology they could change that. does the rumor extend to:

the Beguiler being WW and Bedlam being Batman? Taylor has promised Robinson leaves on a very shocking, game-changing note...i'd think Apokoliptian-reanimated corpses of the Big 3would qualify...


I hope that it's something like corpses and not brainwashing or something that can be undone.
User avatar

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:13 pm

chap22 wrote:
I agree on your two points. I've loved Nicola's work since she started on BoP, and E-2 is the one book at DC right now that really feels like something new, where anything can happen to its characters. it's zero issue was by far my favorite of that whole gimmick, and is pretty central to the status quo. in addition, once you get beyond the whole "let's go out of our way to make sure nearly everybody is NOT a straight white male" aspect of it, most of the characters are likable or at least interesting, and the book gets to do character-building as well as overall world-building. makes for a different feeling book than most.

and yeah, I like Flash a lot. it's old-school, bright shiny superheroics with some classic soap opera thrown in, delivered with IMMO the best art in DC's whole line at the moment. worth a buy for sure.


You sold me, Chap. I think I'm going to get caught up on Flash, and then Earth 2. One question, though: will I need to read titles outside of Flash to understand what's going on during the Forever Evil bullshit?
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:24 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:
You sold me, Chap. I think I'm going to get caught up on Flash, and then Earth 2. One question, though: will I need to read titles outside of Flash to understand what's going on during the Forever Evil bullshit?

Shit if I know. I know I won't be reading any outside books, or any of the Forever Evil villains issues, so if you're lost during that, I'll be right there with you.
User avatar

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:27 pm

chap22 wrote:Shit if I know. I know I won't be reading any outside books, or any of the Forever Evil villains issues, so if you're lost during that, I'll be right there with you.


So you'll be completely skipping the month of September? That might be the way to go.
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:50 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:
So you'll be completely skipping the month of September? That might be the way to go.

yeps.
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:01 pm

Comic Vine gave this issue 4 out of 5 stars

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests