Advertisement

Earth 2 #15 Preview

This is the forum for previews. They'll also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 322 posts

Earth 2 #15 Preview

Postby LOLtron » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:39 pm

Earth 2 #15 Preview

Earth 2 is 'WAR TORN' !

Source: preview images courtesy of Comics Continuum

DC's solicit:

Dr. Fate, Red Arrow, The Flash, Green Lantern and The Atom all fall victim to the Hunger Dogs of Apokolips as the war against the forces of Steppenwolf continues !

Written by:  James Robinson
Art by:  Nicola Scott, Trevor Scott
Cover by:  Juan Doe
32 pages
U.S. Price:  $2.99
On Sale:  August 7, 2013

Written or Contributed by IvCNuB4

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 485 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: Earth 2 #15 Preview

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:05 pm

Over at the CBR forums there's a theory floating around that Brutaal is actually a brain-washed Earth 2 Superman. Could be. He hasflight, super-strength, invulnerability, glowing red eyes. Even his flying poses are very Superman-esque !
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 175 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:17 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Over at the CBR forums there's a theory floating around that Brutaal is actually a brain-washed Earth 2 Superman. Could be. He hasflight, super-strength, invulnerability, glowing red eyes. Even his flying poses are very Superman-esque !

pretty sure Supes' heat vision never looked like the Omega Effect. although I suppose with Apokoliptian technology they could change that. does the rumor extend to:

the Beguiler being WW and Bedlam being Batman? Taylor has promised Robinson leaves on a very shocking, game-changing note...i'd think Apokoliptian-reanimated corpses of the Big 3would qualify...
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:08 pm

chap22 wrote: does the rumor extend to:

the Beguiler being WW and Bedlam being Batman? Taylor has promised Robinson leaves on a very shocking, game-changing note...i'd think Apokoliptian-reanimated corpses of the Big 3would qualify...

They didn't mention it but that did cross my mind just as you were posting it :D
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: I mean... ROBINS have wings...
Formerly: DOOP SPEAK

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:19 pm

I caved and bought #1 on Comixology. If there's any way I could get into the New 52, it would be through a series that COMPLETELY ditches established continuity, not that compromise bullshit they've been doing. I hope I like it!

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:35 pm

Read Earth 2 #1 today.

- The art was fucking gorgeous. How has Marvel not snapped up Nicola Scott yet?
- The plot and pacing was enjoyable. I like that DC has one book where they're completely ignoring everything that came before and starting a new universe from the ground up.
- The dialogue was stilted throughout and painful in parts. Does it get better?

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby chap22 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:46 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:- The dialogue was stilted throughout and painful in parts. Does it get better?

yes and no...it fluctuates from issue to issue, sometimes from page to page. with this book, you just kinda have to take some bad with the good.

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:52 pm

chap22 wrote:yes and no...it fluctuates from issue to issue, sometimes from page to page. with this book, you just kinda have to take some bad with the good.

So what're the positives of the book in your mind? I'd have to go with the Nicola Scott art and the lack of reverence for a status quo.

Also, I've read the first two issues of Flash and have been tempted to start picking that up regularly. I know you read both; which way would you lean?

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby chap22 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:11 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:
So what're the positives of the book in your mind? I'd have to go with the Nicola Scott art and the lack of reverence for a status quo.

Also, I've read the first two issues of Flash and have been tempted to start picking that up regularly. I know you read both; which way would you lean?

I agree on your two points. I've loved Nicola's work since she started on BoP, and E-2 is the one book at DC right now that really feels like something new, where anything can happen to its characters. it's zero issue was by far my favorite of that whole gimmick, and is pretty central to the status quo. in addition, once you get beyond the whole "let's go out of our way to make sure nearly everybody is NOT a straight white male" aspect of it, most of the characters are likable or at least interesting, and the book gets to do character-building as well as overall world-building. makes for a different feeling book than most.

and yeah, I like Flash a lot. it's old-school, bright shiny superheroics with some classic soap opera thrown in, delivered with IMMO the best art in DC's whole line at the moment. worth a buy for sure.

HNutz
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 860 posts

Postby HNutz » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:13 pm

chap22 wrote:pretty sure Supes' heat vision never looked like the Omega Effect. although I suppose with Apokoliptian technology they could change that. does the rumor extend to:

I hope that it's something like corpses and not brainwashing or something that can be undone.
Last edited by HNutz on Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:13 pm

chap22 wrote:
I agree on your two points. I've loved Nicola's work since she started on BoP, and E-2 is the one book at DC right now that really feels like something new, where anything can happen to its characters. it's zero issue was by far my favorite of that whole gimmick, and is pretty central to the status quo. in addition, once you get beyond the whole "let's go out of our way to make sure nearly everybody is NOT a straight white male" aspect of it, most of the characters are likable or at least interesting, and the book gets to do character-building as well as overall world-building. makes for a different feeling book than most.

and yeah, I like Flash a lot. it's old-school, bright shiny superheroics with some classic soap opera thrown in, delivered with IMMO the best art in DC's whole line at the moment. worth a buy for sure.

You sold me, Chap. I think I'm going to get caught up on Flash, and then Earth 2. One question, though: will I need to read titles outside of Flash to understand what's going on during the Forever Evil bullshit?

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby chap22 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:24 pm

You sold me, Chap. I think I'm going to get caught up on Flash, and then Earth 2. One question, though: will I need to read titles outside of Flash to understand what's going on during the Forever Evil bullshit?

Shit if I know. I know I won't be reading any outside books, or any of the Forever Evil villains issues, so if you're lost during that, I'll be right there with you.

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:27 pm

chap22 wrote:Shit if I know. I know I won't be reading any outside books, or any of the Forever Evil villains issues, so if you're lost during that, I'll be right there with you.

So you'll be completely skipping the month of September? That might be the way to go.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby chap22 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:50 pm

So you'll be completely skipping the month of September? That might be the way to go.

yeps.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:01 pm

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to Previews