Advertisement

Forever Evil #5 Preview

This is the forum for previews. They'll also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 282 posts

Forever Evil #5 Preview

Postby LOLtron » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:45 pm

Forever Evil #5  Preview

Chapter 5: 'Hit And Run'

Source: Comics Continuum previews

The DC solicit says:

With everything to lose, Lex Luthor and his Injustice League raid the stronghold of the Crime Syndicate with consequences so devastating, the DC Universe will never be the same !

This issue is also offered as a Combo Pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.

Written by:  Geoff Johns
Art by:  David Finch, Richard Friend
Cover by:  David Finch, Richard Friend
Variant Covers:  Richard Friend, Ivan Reis, Joe Prado, Ethan Van Sciver
32 pages
$3.99  (US)
On sale:  February 5, 2014

Written or Contributed by IvCNuB4

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 382 posts

Re: Forever Evil #5 Preview

Postby GHERU » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:04 pm

This has been one of the better Big Two events in a few years
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 427 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:18 pm

And this issue keeps the hits coming ... including a couple really good "Holy Shit" moments ! 8)
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 262 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:47 pm

The way we're up to #5 of 7 already and the Injustice League is still barely assembled and they keep throwing more shit like the being that ran off the Syndicate appearing.....

I can't help but feel we're on the verge of another ending that'll just bridge this into the next event.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:59 pm

We'll find out in a couple weeks when the May solicits come out :wink:
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 156 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:11 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:The way we're up to #5 of 7 already and the Injustice League is still barely assembled and they keep throwing more shit like the being that ran off the Syndicate appearing.....

I can't help but feel we're on the verge of another ending that'll just bridge this into the next event.

Probably. I've been less than pleased about Johns' pacing in the past few years.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Chessack
cheese

Liked in: 400 posts
Title: Kara Zor-El's biggest fan

Postby Chessack » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:44 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:And this issue keeps the hits coming ... including a couple really good "Holy Shit" moments ! 8)

I'm sure there were, but this is my problem with Johns and why I don't read his stuff anymore. It seems like he plots his entire story around trying to shock the reader with "holy shit" moments. It feels very artificial and unnatural, as if the plot really shouldn't go there but he pushes it there any way just to make us gasp.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:01 pm

In the past I can see how folks would feel that way. In this issue though most of those moments had a story purpose and/or were previously hinted at so it felt like they had a logical payout. Some folks might balk at the Power Ring scene but it did resolve an "issue" of his and it also sets up an interesting cliff-hanger to come.

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 721 posts

Postby HNutz » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:09 pm

"Look. Up in the sky."

Heh.

Chessack
cheese

Postby Chessack » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:47 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:In the past I can see how folks would feel that way.

Agreed. I am speaking only of the past. I swore off of anything by Geoff Johns in August of last year, after the final Trinity War issue, which was one "shock value" page after another with no actual plot. Johns has now joined an illustrious group of writers on my "do not read" list, which includes such "luminaries" as Rob Leifeld, Scott Lobdell, Brian Michael Bendis, Michael Alan Nelson, and Grant Morrison.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 390 posts

Postby Draco x » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:30 pm

Is Power Ring really this useless as indicated in this preview? The old incarnations of Power Ring would have put up a better fight against Sinestro rather than acting like Yellow Lantern.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:31 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:The way we're up to #5 of 7 already and the Injustice League is still barely assembled and they keep throwing more shit like the being that ran off the Syndicate appearing.....

I can't help but agree here.

Chessack
cheese

Postby Chessack » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:24 am

Well, the title is "Forever" evil, not "six months of evil," so.... Heheh

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:46 pm

Draco x wrote:Is Power Ring really this useless as indicated in this preview? The old incarnations of Power Ring would have put up a better fight against Sinestro rather than acting like Yellow Lantern.

On "our" Earth Green Lantern can overcome great fear. On Earth-3 Power Ring's ring causes him to be overcome by great fear. The ring does motivate him to take on Sinestro but Sinestro proves to be the better fighter.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:15 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
On "our" Earth Green Lantern can overcome great fear. On Earth-3 Power Ring's ring causes him to be overcome by great fear. The ring does motivate him to take on Sinestro but Sinestro proves to be the better fighter.

It's funny how in a few years the Hal Jordan Power Ring got whacked abruptly for the second time after he skewered by Omega Man in 2010 and was never mentioned again. I wonder if the next Power Ring will be an analogue of Guy Gardner or Simon Baz the next time around as we've already seen ones of Kyle and John already.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to Previews