Advertisement

Justice League 3000 #3 Preview

This is the forum for previews. They'll also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 167 posts

Justice League 3000 #3 Preview

Postby LOLtron » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:27 am

Justice League 3000 #3  Preview

Co-Writer Keith Giffen teases on who or what the future Justice League may .. or may NOT .. be.

Source: DC Blog - Fan News

DC's solicit says:

The Flash is defeated. Green Lantern is in the clutches of Locus, a psychotic teenage girl with the powers of God. And Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman have been banished to a planet-wide penal colony! Will the regenerated (but not-quite-perfectly) Justice Leaguers survive to report back to the Wonder Twins?

Written by:  Keith Giffen, JM DeMatteis
Art & Cover by:  Howard Porter
$2.99  (US)
32 pages
On sale:  February 12, 2014

“They’re not clones” claims Keith Giffen in a recent interview with Newsarama. Despite references to “regeneration” and “templates” in the first two issues of this new title, Giffen claims things are not nearly as obvious as they may appear. And Giffen slyly points out that in his initial interviews for this title (before it even went on sale) he said that he would mislead readers for several issues to keep the mystery alive.

Giffen does provide some new teases:

- Although these new Justice Leaguers have partial memories of their 21st century lives there is a reason that they all act out-of-character to their earlier incarnations. There is a reason that they have no emotional connection to these original memories.

- This Flash, also called “Barry”, has red hair but he’s not related to Wally.  

- Giffen promises that answers will start coming soon. Very soon.

- Something bad happened to the Earth between the 21st century and the 31st century that plays into events in this title.

- Despite the events of issue #2, we haven’t seen the last of Green Lantern.

Be sure to check out the complete interview with Newsarama by clicking here.

And now for the preview

Written or Contributed by IvCNuB4

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 48 posts

Re: Justice League 3000 #3 Preview

Postby MrBlack » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:25 pm

Perhaps their genetic templates were taken from the Crime Society instead, a nice stealth tie-in with Forever Evil?

Mr. Log
rubber spoon

Liked in: 103 posts
Title: HRUNK!
Formerly: Log-Man

Postby Mr. Log » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:39 pm

That was my first guess. I'm curious to see where this goes.

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 173 posts

Postby GHERU » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:04 pm

that art is

not pretty
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

Mr. Log
rubber spoon

Liked in: 103 posts
Title: HRUNK!
Formerly: Log-Man

Postby Mr. Log » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:32 pm

GHERU wrote:that art is

not pretty

Better than Maguire!

/DC'ed

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 133 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:55 pm

Log-Man wrote:
Better than Maguire!

/DC'ed

ugh. F'ing DC.

:smt011 :smt011 :smt011 :smt011
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 52 posts

Postby holtom2000 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:25 pm

Log-Man wrote:
Better than Maguire!

/DC'ed

geez! one of my all time favs
I also don't mind Porter, but I enjoy his older stuff better

Chessack
cheese

Liked in: 270 posts
Title: Kara Zor-El's biggest fan

Postby Chessack » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:17 pm

GHERU wrote:that art is

not pretty

That's being generous.

Man that is some hideous artwork. Glad I am not even slightly interested in reading this... because I'd hate to want to read the story and have to deal with looking at that art. It makes my eyeballs hurt.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 79 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:23 pm

Dumbest. Idea. Ever. DC.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

The Beast
cheese

Liked in: 83 posts
Title: Chronic MasterDebator

Postby The Beast » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:58 pm

chap22 wrote:
ugh. F'ing DC.

:smt011 :smt011 :smt011 :smt011

Indeed, I would have bought this turd if Maguire was polishing it.

I wonder what he's working on nowadays?

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 173 posts

Postby GHERU » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:03 pm

Juan Cena wrote:Dumbest. Idea. Ever. DC.

actually, I kinda dig the idea after reading this preview

too bad the book is ugly as fuck
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 228 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:35 pm

Juan Cena wrote:Dumbest. Idea. Ever. DC.

We don't even know what the idea is yet but I'm thinking it's still better than Bleeeding Cool's rumor that the each Legionnaire was going to be remodelled after a specific 21st century League member :lol:

GHERU wrote:actually, I kinda dig the idea after reading this preview

too bad the book is ugly as fuck

Yeah, Porter used to be so much better. His profiles aren't too bad now but many of the straight-on face shots are frickin' scary ! :shock:
From what I've read on on-line and other sites the reaction to this title has been mixed, ranging from "meh" to very favorable.

They've given each character some flaws also:
Superman is somewhat invulnerable but not as much as his 21st century incarnation. He can super-leap but not fly, and I believe he no longer has heat-vision.
Green Lantern still wields what he refers to as the "Green Light" but no longer has a ring so his cloak somehow mimics the ring's abilities.
Flash has his speed but not the friction-proof aura (hence the goggles I assume), and there have been remarks about his power possibly "burning him out".
Diana has all the amazon fury but none of the compassion.
Bruce is pretty much Bruce with a few more personality quirks.
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:54 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
We don't even know what the idea is yet but I'm thinking it's still better than Bleeeding Cool's rumor that the each Legionnaire was going to be remodelled after a specific 21st century League member :lol:

Any idea involving a Justice League version of Loonatics is a bad idea.

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 228 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:22 pm

MrBlack wrote:Perhaps their genetic templates were taken from the Crime Society instead, a nice stealth tie-in with Forever Evil?

That could be a possibility. I noticed this issue that the buckle on Batman's belt looks almost .. owlish.

Or .. Giffen could be
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
revisiting last year's "Legion" finale and placing this title on Earth 2 .. or some Earth.
- We find out this issue that Earth is Takron-Galtos which deviates from all prior versions.
- We see Hal with his cloak off and his outfit looks really similar to Alan Scott's current one.
- They keep referring to some Great Disaster that destroyed records of the 21st century so the information that they have now is incomplete. That may be a reference to the wars that ravaged Earth 2. Maybe somehow historical information was confused between Earths ?
- When Ariel Masters finds out that the Twins "generated" this League she says "could the twins really have done it ? Could they have killed those people ?".
- And there's talk of Gene Banks. I wonder if these "Leaguers" are maybe descendants of the 21st Century heroes and somehow spliced with genetic material from the originals.

And despite the complaints of Porter's art he does some very nice splash pages this issue of Takron-Galtos. Maybe his strength now is landscapes :P
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:34 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
That could be a possibility. I noticed this issue that the buckle on Batman's belt looks almost .. owlish.

Or .. Giffen could be
revisiting last year's "Legion" finale and placing this title on Earth 2 .. or some Earth.
- We find out this issue that Earth is Takron-Galtos which deviates from all prior versions.
- We see Hal with his cloak off and his outfit looks really similar to Alan Scott's current one.
- They keep referring to some Great Disaster that destroyed records of the 21st century so the information that they have now is incomplete. That may be a reference to the wars that ravaged Earth 2. Maybe somehow historical information was confused between Earths ?
- When Ariel Masters finds out that the Twins "generated" this League she says "could the twins really have done it ? Could they have killed those people ?".
- And there's talk of Gene Banks. I wonder if these "Leaguers" are maybe descendants of the 21st Century heroes and somehow spliced with genetic material from the originals.

And despite the complaints of Porter's art he does some very nice splash pages this issue of Takron-Galtos. Maybe his strength now is landscapes :P

I haven't picked up this series, and the preview doesn't encourage me to do so. So let's that out of the way first.

That said, it's the fact that Giffen seems to be playing an "is it or isn't it?" in the same universe as the last Legion series game is quite annoying. Unless it's his plan to reveal that the Leaguers have Legion connections, it would be just better to have this in its very own unique future, and not try to ride piggyback on one DC has supposedly thrown away.

- Sons of the Desert

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to Previews