Advertisement

Justice League #14 Preview

This is the forum for previews. They'll also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Re: Justice League #14 Preview

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:37 pm

The dialog reads like he's trying to channel the tone of Bendis's Avengers. Except he simply doesn't get it.

Advertisement

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 1 post

Postby holtom2000 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:06 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:The dialog reads like he's trying to channel the tone of Bendis's Avengers. Except he simply doesn't get it.

Yup. I makes no sense. Love to hear from a fan of this book. Tell us why you like it. Please!

greentetfest
Fish-Smackin' Knight

Liked in: 0 post

Postby greentetfest » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:11 am

Absoulutely one of my favorite books! I will miss Frankensteins solo title , but I am very excited he has aligned his sword with Justice League Dark. DC keeps putting out Amazing books under it's Dark and Edge billing.

alaska1125
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 4 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:21 am

greentetfest wrote:Absoulutely one of my favorite books! I will miss Frankensteins solo title , but I am very excited he has aligned his sword with Justice League Dark. DC keeps putting out Amazing books under it's Dark and Edge billing.

Can you elaborate on that? Why, exactly, is JL one of your favorite books? I maintain that it shouldn't be difficult to put out an enjoyable Justice League book, but (my opinion of course) DC hasn't done that in quite some time. The current run is one of worst. So I am curious...what are you getting out of it that I'm not? Legit question, no snark intended.

alaska1125
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 4 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:21 am

*Double post. Sorry.
Last edited by alaska1125 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UnionJack
Mad Hatter

Postby UnionJack » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:23 am

holtom2000 wrote:Another ruined relaunch

Firestorm was dreadful - a sorry state for one of my favourite DC characters. However, read the first Jurgens issue & it looks very promising. Despite his lackluster JLI, I had a feeling Jurgens could do a good job with Firestorm. He was probably too depressed at the ruination of Booster by tptb to come up with the goods on JLI.

As for JL, I'll be glad when Lee is off the book as well as Johns. New creative team please....

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 5 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:12 pm

alaska1125 wrote:
Can you elaborate on that? Why, exactly, is JL one of your favorite books? I maintain that it shouldn't be difficult to put out an enjoyable Justice League book, but (my opinion of course) DC hasn't done that in quite some time. The current run is one of worst. So I am curious...what are you getting out of it that I'm not? Legit question, no snark intended.

I think the poster confused Justice League 14, with Justice League Dark 14... Justice League Dark is an amazingly good book.. Justice League is horrible, read the issue today and barely could get through it.

IvCNuB4
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:39 pm

So you didn't like theBat-Stalker scene ? :lol:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Last edited by IvCNuB4 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

MikeinLA
crash test dummy

Postby MikeinLA » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:46 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:The dialog reads like he's trying to channel the tone of Bendis's Avengers. Except he simply doesn't get it.

I'm not collecting JLA, but this is a good description of Johns's writing in Aquaman recently. Every other line of dialogue reads like its meant to be a pull quote for a movie trailer, and not an especially good movie at that.

IvCNuB4
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:06 pm

Admittedly it's not Shakespeare but it's easier to read than certain other books that have 9000 word balloons. :lol:
Nice touch referencing Ya'Wara from "Aquaman". And it was pretty smart capturing Cheetah by getting her into the water and surrounded by piranhas.

It almost sounds like Johns is planning a Legion of Doom surprise .. maybe tied into "Throne of Atlantis" ?
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to Previews