Saturday, December 3, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "At least we're not ComicBook.com!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Phantom Stranger #0 Preview

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:01 pm

Phantom Stranger #0 Preview

You three are the greatest transgressors mankind has ever known. You three are the Trinity Of Sin !

Source: IGN

• Learn what happened to The Phantom Stranger after the FREE COMIC BOOK DAY story!
• Who has been sacrificed? Who is guilty? Who can save us? And who…is The Phantom Stranger?
• Major players in The New 52 will be introduced in these pages!

Written by:  Dan Didio
Art by:  Brent Anderson & Scott Hanna
Cover by:  Brent Anderson

32 pages
U.S. Price:  $2.99
On Sale Date: September 5, 2012

Written or Contributed by IvCNuB4

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:06 pm

Gawd, this is such a bad idea.

covalesky

Expert Post Whore

Postby covalesky » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:21 pm

I love Phantom Stranger. Lets wait for the reviews to see if this is a buy or not.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:08 pm

Where's Breitbart.com when you really need it?

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:10 pm

covalesky wrote:I love Phantom Stranger. Lets wait for the reviews to see if this is a buy or not.

Yeah, I skipped it on pre order.

holtom2000

dINGO

Postby holtom2000 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:01 pm

Didios so miss and miss... Wonder how this ends?

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:03 pm

holtom2000 wrote:Didios so miss and miss... Wonder how this ends?

As a canceled title.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:06 pm

Hopefully with a lot of Fundamentalist Christian outrage over DC trying to turn Judas Iscariot into a hero. (Or the perception thereof).

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:15 pm

*sigh* I guess I'll stick with the old "if you can't say something nice..." chestnut and just hope it's good.

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:03 am

No. Just...no.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:03 pm

I'm still annoyed at their BUTCHERING of the Question...

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:08 pm

bkthomson wrote:Gawd, this is such a bad idea.

Why is it such a bad idea? Because they've given this universe's Phantom Stranger an actual origin?

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:45 pm

Amoebas wrote:
Why is it such a bad idea? Because they've given this universe's Phantom Stranger an actual origin?

Was his origin always a burning question in your mind? I never gave it a second thought, personally.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:03 pm

alaska1125 wrote:
Was his origin always a burning question in your mind? I never gave it a second thought, personally.

It never bothered me that the Phantom Stranger never had an origin. For me the big problem was always that he has so much potential and it has rarely ever been used in all his 60+ years.

As for why BK is so quick to dismiss this as "a bad idea", that is my burning question.

covalesky

Expert Post Whore

Postby covalesky » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:10 pm

Amoebas wrote:It never bothered me that the Phantom Stranger never had an origin. For me the big problem was always that he has so much potential and it has rarely ever been used in all his 60+ years.

As for why BK is so quick to dismiss this as "a bad idea", that is my burning question.

Wasn't he a roman soldier that crucified Jesus Christ, and as a punishment he was made to roam the earth?

leave a comment with facebook