Thursday, November 15, 2018 • Evening Edition • "The comic book industry's inflamed butthole."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

DC Preview: Superman #37

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:28 pm

DC Preview:  Superman #37

Part 1 of "Super Sons Of Tomorrow" begins with a brutal beat-down in Wayne Manor. Then the real action starts.



Source: Weird Science

Fresh from Detective Comics, Future Tim makes a brazen assault on Batman at Wayne Manor. Here's hoping Mr. Drake thought this one through. This arc crosses over with Super Sons and Teen Titans #15.

 

The DC Comics solicit says:

"SUPER SONS OF TOMORROW" part one! The four-part crossover between Superman, the Super Sons and the Teen Titans starts here! The Batman of Tomorrow travels to the present to prevent a cataclysmic disaster before it happens, revealing that Superboy will soon be responsible for the death of millions. But Superman will do anything to protect his son...and the Batman of Tomorrow is unwavering in his resolve to take down the Boy of Steel. Don't miss a clash of titanic proportion in the opening chapter of this game-changing story!

 

Written by: Peter J Tomasi, Patrick Gleason
Art by: Jorge Jimenez
Colors by: Alejandro Sanchez
Covers by: Ivan Reis & Julio Ferreira,  JonBoy Meyers (Variant)
32 pages
$2.99 (US)

On sale: December 20, 2017





















Written or Contributed by IvCNuB4




READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!
User avatar

Glacier16

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Glacier16 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:39 am

Wow, they brought back dark Tim pretty quick there. That story feels like it just wrapped up in Detective. :band
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:57 pm

Glacier16 wrote:Wow, they brought back dark Tim pretty quick there. That story feels like it just wrapped up in Detective. :band


It was last month when that concluded and I think it was planned for Tim to return this quickly. Some of what Future Tim teased about the future in Detective ties into this arc.
In this Superman issue Tomasi and Gleason hit the ground running and don't let up. It's cover to cover action from Wayne Manor right to the Fortress Of Solitude.
Super Sons #11 follows up directly but slows down justabit as Tim explains why he's here and what Jon does in the future that he is trying to prevent. I like that Jon isn't villafied or turned evil in the future. What he does is more by accident due to circumstances. This issue ends with a bang and a last page that should have some longtime readers smiling. 8)
User avatar

Clockwork_Fish

cheese

Postby Clockwork_Fish » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:21 pm

God, future Tim is a spaz, isn't he? Why is is first thought to kill everyone? Why not break into his past self's apartment and scribble notes all over his calendar?

"Friday, December 8th; get Clayface out of town for the weekend. Maybe someplace nice?"

"Tuesday, January 2nd; buy Kate fruit basket. Politely ask her not to join terrorist cell. Remind her about how her dad tried to carpet bomb city and lied about her sister being alive for decades."

"Wednesday, January 24th; DON'T kill Superboy. That would be bad. Maybe employ your giant brain instead? Need more fruit baskets"
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:49 pm

The really fucked up thing is that Future Damian is the crazy one in the group. :lol:
User avatar

Glacier16

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Glacier16 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:06 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:
It was last month when that concluded and I think it was planned for Tim to return this quickly. Some of what Future Tim teased about the future in Detective ties into this arc.
In this Superman issue Tomasi and Gleason hit the ground running and don't let up. It's cover to cover action from Wayne Manor right to the Fortress Of Solitude.
Super Sons #11 follows up directly but slows down justabit as Tim explains why he's here and what Jon does in the future that he is trying to prevent. I like that Jon isn't villafied or turned evil in the future. What he does is more by accident due to circumstances. This issue ends with a bang and a last page that should have some longtime readers smiling. 8)



Yeah that was Connor, Cassie, and Bart, right?
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:44 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:The really fucked up thing is that Future Damian is the crazy one in the group. :lol:


Why is that fucked up? He's the crazy one in the group in the present. :lol:
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:33 pm

Glacier16 wrote:

Yeah that was Connor, Cassie, and Bart, right?


[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Image
User avatar

Clockwork_Fish

cheese

Postby Clockwork_Fish » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:17 am

What really burns me is I dropped Detective and now it's creeping into the DC books I'm still reading like some narrative cuckoo bird. I don't want your evil future Tim in my Superman book. I'm sick of evil alternate future bullshit. There's like eight such storylines going on in DC already. And I really don't want to see Batwoman's solo title getting dragged into this at all.
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:38 pm

Batwoman has nothing to do with this crossover.
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:09 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:Batwoman has nothing to do with this crossover.


The crossover no. The storyline yes. The whole future Tim thing is tied in with Batwoman the character, and the done-in-one future issue she had in issue 5 between the first 2 arcs of that book was a direct precursor/prequel to A Lonely Place of Living which seems to have been a precursor to this arc. It's all tied together.
User avatar

Clockwork_Fish

cheese

Postby Clockwork_Fish » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:29 am

chap22 wrote:
The crossover no. The storyline yes. The whole future Tim thing is tied in with Batwoman the character, and the done-in-one future issue she had in issue 5 between the first 2 arcs of that book was a direct precursor/prequel to A Lonely Place of Living which seems to have been a precursor to this arc. It's all tied together.


Yeah, pretty sure Batwoman #5 was the first glimpse we got of Tim's dystopian Gotham, which he claims all comes about because Batwoman does something
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
(probably killing Clayface)
in the upcoming Detective storyline. Which will hopefully not, but probably will, spill back into Batwoman.

This is why I don't read many superhero books these days. I do love superheroes, and Marvel is so much worse for it than DC, but still; I'll never flip open an issue of Injection, see Headland's turned into a tap-dancing lobster, and there's a little yellow text block reading "Confused?! Read the latest issue of Southern Bastards to find out what the fuck is going on!"
User avatar

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:27 pm

Clockwork_Fish wrote:What really burns me is I dropped Detective and now it's creeping into the DC books I'm still reading like some narrative cuckoo bird. I don't want your evil future Tim in my Superman book. I'm sick of evil alternate future bullshit. There's like eight such storylines going on in DC already. And I really don't want to see Batwoman's solo title getting dragged into this at all.


Hey, turning evil in the future is a classic! :x I plan on turning evil sometime soon...
User avatar

Clockwork_Fish

cheese

Postby Clockwork_Fish » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:42 pm

achilles wrote:
Hey, turning evil in the future is a classic! :x I plan on turning evil sometime soon...


You mean eviler, right?
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:01 pm

chap22 wrote:
The crossover no. The storyline yes. The whole future Tim thing is tied in with Batwoman the character, and the done-in-one future issue she had in issue 5 between the first 2 arcs of that book was a direct precursor/prequel to A Lonely Place of Living which seems to have been a precursor to this arc. It's all tied together.


Yes, I'm well aware of Future Tim's previous mission in Detective Comics. I reference it in the write-up above. And Bruce mentions it in this issue about Batwoman being Tim's last target. :P It sounded to me like Clockwork was thinking this new arc would somehow crossover to Batwoman.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests