Advertisement

Supergirl #25 Preview & Discussion

This is the forum for previews. They'll also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

IvCNuB4
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 10944
Likes: 512 posts
Liked in: 344 posts
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:51 am
Location: Chicago, IL
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !


Supergirl #25 Preview & Discussion

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:23 am

Newsarama preview

“KRYPTON RETURNS” continues as Supergirl faces the clone wars of Krypton. Just as she was starting to accept Superboy’s clone origins, she faces the horrible past of her home planet. And she must once again face H’El.


Written by: Scott Lobdell, Michael Alan Nelson
Art by: Paulo Siqueira
Cover by: Kenneth Rocafort
32 pages
$2.99
On Sale: Nov 20, 2013


Image

Image

Image
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Advertisement

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8993
Likes: 1142 posts
Liked in: 326 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: Supergirl #25 Preview & Discussion

Postby Draco x » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:55 pm

Am I the only one who thought that the H'El/ Supergirl kiss was extremely creepy?

IvCNuB4
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 10944
Likes: 512 posts
Liked in: 344 posts
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:51 am
Location: Chicago, IL
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !


Re: Supergirl #25 Preview & Discussion

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:15 pm

Why do you think it's creepy ?
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8993
Likes: 1142 posts
Liked in: 326 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: Supergirl #25 Preview & Discussion

Postby Draco x » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:04 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Why do you think it's creepy ?


Because He'l resembles Bizarro who is Superman's clone and Superman is Kara's cousin, that's why.

Chessack
User avatar
cheese
 
Posts: 1463
Likes: 19 posts
Liked in: 346 posts
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:07 pm
Location: North Carolina
Title: Kara Zor-El's biggest fan


Re: Supergirl #25 Preview & Discussion

Postby Chessack » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:03 am

Plus, Supergirl is a minor and H'el is not, as far as I know.

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8993
Likes: 1142 posts
Liked in: 326 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: Supergirl #25 Preview & Discussion

Postby Draco x » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:09 pm

Chessack wrote:Plus, Supergirl is a minor and H'el is not, as far as I know.


Wow I just threw up in my mouth after you pointed out this fact.

syxxpakk
User avatar
Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 12625
Likes: 49 posts
Liked in: 111 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:13 pm
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan


Re: Supergirl #25 Preview & Discussion

Postby syxxpakk » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:16 pm

What issue says how old she is?
Image

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.


@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Chessack
User avatar
cheese
 
Posts: 1463
Likes: 19 posts
Liked in: 346 posts
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:07 pm
Location: North Carolina
Title: Kara Zor-El's biggest fan


Re: Supergirl #25 Preview & Discussion

Postby Chessack » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:22 pm

Draco x wrote:Wow I just threw up in my mouth after you pointed out this fact.


A lot of people forget Kara's a minor in this incarnation. She was originally too, but over the 26 years of her existence she slowly aged until she was an adult (though still fairly young, 19-20). And Matrix Supergirl was part artificial being (so she had no real "age" that was meaningful) and part human 20-year-old. So again, an adult. Supergirl didn't go back to being under-18 until she returned in 2004. Although her age was not specified initially, about mid-series she turned "17", so this means for the first half of it she was 16 (ish).

The New 52 incarnation has not had her age spelled out yet, but she does mention in issue 1, which chronologically in continuity time is only a couple of months ago, that her outfit is for graduation and that this is a year away. We don't know at what age Kryptonians graduate, but assuming the lack of creativity DC has shown toward Krypton in every other regard is also used for aging, this would put Kara at something around 16-17 years old. She's not WAY in the minor range but yeah... she's still under age.

BTW that's why I hate when they sexualize Kara. If they're going to do that they really need to make her be at least 18 years old. I know she's a fictional character... but still.

syxxpakk
User avatar
Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 12625
Likes: 49 posts
Liked in: 111 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:13 pm
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan


Re: Supergirl #25 Preview & Discussion

Postby syxxpakk » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:26 pm

So then we don't know that she is in fact a minor. Also, graduation doesn't just occur after high school. Swallow back that vomit, Draco, looks like this might not actually be an issue.
Image

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.


@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8993
Likes: 1142 posts
Liked in: 326 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: Supergirl #25 Preview & Discussion

Postby Draco x » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:34 pm

Chessack wrote:
A lot of people forget Kara's a minor in this incarnation. She was originally too, but over the 26 years of her existence she slowly aged until she was an adult (though still fairly young, 19-20). And Matrix Supergirl was part artificial being (so she had no real "age" that was meaningful) and part human 20-year-old. So again, an adult. Supergirl didn't go back to being under-18 until she returned in 2004. Although her age was not specified initially, about mid-series she turned "17", so this means for the first half of it she was 16 (ish).

The New 52 incarnation has not had her age spelled out yet, but she does mention in issue 1, which chronologically in continuity time is only a couple of months ago, that her outfit is for graduation and that this is a year away. We don't know at what age Kryptonians graduate, but assuming the lack of creativity DC has shown toward Krypton in every other regard is also used for aging, this would put Kara at something around 16-17 years old. She's not WAY in the minor range but yeah... she's still under age.

BTW that's why I hate when they sexualize Kara. If they're going to do that they really need to make her be at least 18 years old. I know she's a fictional character... but still.


On this, can anyone remind me of the reason why DC ditched the Matrix incarnation of the character many years ago in favor going back to the SG being Superman's cousin from Krypton again? I remember how they turned Matrix from being Lex Luthor's clone's concubine to being bonded with a dead teenager and then gave her demon/angel powers before she fell off the map.

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8993
Likes: 1142 posts
Liked in: 326 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: Supergirl #25 Preview & Discussion

Postby Draco x » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:37 pm

syxxpakk wrote:So then we don't know that she is in fact a minor. Also, graduation doesn't just occur after high school. Swallow back that vomit, Draco, looks like this might not actually be an issue.


Assuming you're right then it makes it less disgusting but it doesn't negate her kissing a guy who looks like an intelligent Bizarro clone-which like I said is creepy in my first response.

syxxpakk
User avatar
Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 12625
Likes: 49 posts
Liked in: 111 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:13 pm
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan


Re: Supergirl #25 Preview & Discussion

Postby syxxpakk » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:39 pm

I don't have a response to that because I don't agree with it. But that's your opinion and you're entitled to it, so there's nothing inherently wrong with it. Contrary to your popular thinking, very few (if any) people on this forum have a problem with your opinions - rather it's the dumb things you say. Contrastingly, what Chessack said about Supergirl being a minor is completely wrong at this point. There's nothing in the book, as far as I have been able to find and apparently Chessack as well, that says she's under the age of 18.
Image

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.


@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8993
Likes: 1142 posts
Liked in: 326 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: Supergirl #25 Preview & Discussion

Postby Draco x » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:51 pm

syxxpakk wrote:I don't have a response to that because I don't agree with it. But that's your opinion and you're entitled to it, so there's nothing inherently wrong with it. Contrary to your popular thinking, very few (if any) people on this forum have a problem with your opinions - rather the dumb things you say. Contrastingly, what Chessack said about Supergirl being a minor is completely wrong at this point. There's nothing in the book, as far as I have been able to find and apparently Chessack as well, that says she's under the age of 18.


So your approach to the "dumb things I say" is to counter it by say things that are even more dumb then? Interesting strategy you seem to have as it's working just fine. On a separate note, do you work for DC as even IvCNuB4 doesn't defend them as much as you do?

syxxpakk
User avatar
Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 12625
Likes: 49 posts
Liked in: 111 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:13 pm
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan


Re: Supergirl #25 Preview & Discussion

Postby syxxpakk » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:56 pm

Draco x wrote:
So your approach to the "dumb things I say" is to counter it by say things that are even more dumb then? Interesting strategy you seem to have as it's working just fine. On a separate note, do you work for DC as even IvCNuB4 doesn't defend them as much as you do?


I don't say dumb things, I correct your ignorance. You just don't understand because of your admitted reading problems. Anyway, as mentioned since you've inferred before that I'm an intern for DC, no I do not. I'm a teacher. It's a fantastic thing and I love it more every day. Nothing is more rewarding than a student telling you "Thanks for the awesome field trip" or the two months vacation you get in the middle of the year. Maybe when you graduate high school and you start thinking college, education could be a field for you.
Image

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.


@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8993
Likes: 1142 posts
Liked in: 326 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: Supergirl #25 Preview & Discussion

Postby Draco x » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:22 pm

syxxpakk wrote:
I don't say dumb things, I correct your ignorance. You just don't understand because of your admitted reading problems. Anyway, as mentioned since you've inferred before that I'm an intern for DC, no I do not. I'm a teacher. It's a fantastic thing and I love it more every day. Nothing is more rewarding than a student telling you "Thanks for the awesome field trip" or the two months vacation you get in the middle of the year. Maybe when you graduate high school and you start thinking college, education could be a field for you.


I always wondered if Stephen Wacker had an account on Outhouse and then you pretty much answered my question with inane posts like this. I really find it hard to believe you are a teacher in any capacity as this sounds like you are still in kindergarten, sad to say-the belittling of my intelligence because you don't agree with what I say is grade school levels of immature and just pathetic. But knowing you, you will follow up by telling me how "dumb I am" or "I don't understand or get what you're trying to say", am I right?

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to Previews



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

Advertisement