Thursday, August 16, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "But first you're gonna blow me!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Supergirl #18, The Flash #40 (Preview)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:33 pm

Supergirl #18, The Flash #40  (Preview)

Covers and available interior pages for two DC Comics titles on sale February 14.

Source: Comics Continuum

After defeating Starshame, Kara Danvers faced another super-dilemma: whether to go to the Solstice Semiformal or not. No sooner had she arrived at the dance when Director Bones put his next attack plan against Supergirl in motion.
The recent events in The Flash have come together in a surprising way as a hidden puppet master behind it all has been revealed. 

Supergirl #18

"Plain Sight," finale! Director Bones and the D.E.O. put innocent lives at risk when they unleash a psychotic alien on the National City Solstice Semiformal with the hopes of exposing Supergirl. With the alien claiming the only way the Earth can stay pure is to eradicate Supergirl, Kara finds herself pushed to the edge and forced not to stay silent anymore. Supergirl must finally stand as the hero National City needs.

Written by: Steve Orlando, Jody Houser
Art by: Carmen Carnero
Colors by: Michael Atiyeh
Covers by: Robson Rocha & Daniel Henriques, Stanley Lau (Variant)
32 pages
$3.99 (US)

supergirl18_cov.jpg

supergirl18_var.jpg

supergirl18_1.jpg

supergirl18_2-3.jpg

supergirl18_4.jpg

supergirl18_5.jpg

The Flash #40

"The Perfect Storm" part two. Gorilla Grodd is after Central City's Speed Force, and The Flash is on the run! But the one thing Barry Allen can't outrun is the truth...and his nemesis knows a terrible secret about the Fastest Man Alive.

Written by: Joshua Williamson
Art by: Carmine Di Giandomenico
Colors by: Ivan Plascencia
Covers by: Carmine Di Giandomenico, Howard Porter
32 pages
$3.99 (US)

flash40_cov.jpg

flash40_var.jpg

flash40_1.jpg

flash40_2-3.jpg

flash40_4.jpg

flash40_5_copy.jpg

flash40_6_copy.jpg

Written or Contributed by IvCNuB4

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:42 pm

SPOILERS

BELOW !!

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this Flash issue. Apparently Grodd has been playing puppet master for some time now to gather a powerful team of loyal metahuman and also working with Black Hole to use the Speed Force to cure his degenerative disease. Midway through this issue he mind-fucks Barry by revealing he knows about Barry's "secret" guilt over his powers. :? Then Grodd and Meena use the Black Hole tech to forcefully tear away Barry's Speed Force connection and give it to Grodd. I'm somewhat tired so I may not be explaining this clearly enough. It plays and looks better on the printed page. :P Then Grodd and his gang depart to hunt down the other speedsters so he may steal their Speed Force connections also.
Barry in no longer a speedster so he assigns the older Wally West as Central City's (and Keystone's) new Flash. This should make longtime Wally fans happy and I'm glad they found a role for him in the current DCU as he has been somewhat lost since returning in the DC Universe: Rebirth one-shot.

I foresee a long road ahead for Barry but maybe this will allow him to get his life back in order also. I wonder if Wally will take Barry's place in the League?

Seth Rollins

Whippersnapper

Postby Seth Rollins » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:39 am

Till now. i have read almost 5 comics... Supergirl is the best to here

leave a comment with facebook