Friday, October 28, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Comics: we give a crap!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Your First Look at the Return of Giant-Man!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:42 pm

Wasp no more!?  Is that picture of Giant-Man NOT a brand new character but a return of Hank Pym to his High Pockets days?  Looks like!

Your First Look At The Return Of Giant-Man!

Marvel is pleased to present your first look at Avengers Academy #7, from the critically acclaimed creative team of Christos Gage and Mike McKone! Giant-Man returns! Hank Pym's road to redemption has been a long one, but one of the founding Avengers is ready to take on the big threats alongside his students as Giant-Man!

Look what critics are saying about Avengers Academy !

"A title that keeps growing on me...An interesting and multifaceted read." –Blair Butler, G4

"This has been a remarkably successful launch of a new series, and I'm jazzed to keep reading." – Greg McElhatton,

"Gage has done a fantastic job thus far." – Kevin Fuller,

"With this simple yet elegant's nice to see that teenage angst isn't just for mutants anymore." – Aint It Cool News

When an enemy who can grow just as tall as Pym comes along, will the Avenger have what it takes to defeat him? Find out in Avengers Academy #7!

Pencils & Cover by MIKE McKONE

Variant Cover by ED McGUINNESS

Rated A ...$2.99 

FOC – 11/19/10, On-Sale – 12/15/10

To find a comic shop near you, call 1-888-comicbook or visit

Written or Contributed by: SuperginraiX

Postby Benderbrau » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:58 pm

Just in time to mesh with the Avengers cartoon.

Coincidence? I think not.

And for the record...Yellow Jacket >>>>>>>>>>> all other Hank Pym aliases.

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:59 pm

Postby Benderbrau » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:07 pm

And we have two of these threads why?

biny little tird

Postby Kolimar » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:11 am

The Absorving Man looks awesome.

Postby Dalarsco » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:55 am

Lame. I trust Gage to make it suck less, but Giant-Man is by far my least favorite Pym variant. So he's big and strong. Whatever. Lot's of guys are big and strong. He should have it as an option, but it should never be his primary power. Shrinking is a much rarer power and has so much more subtlety and cool plot device possibilities. Plus, the Wasp costume is the best he's ever had. Ah, well. As long as he still has his Sonic Screwdriver (I can't remember the name right now.) I'll be happy. That was the best addition to the character in decades.

Postby eltopo » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:58 am

should be gianter

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:13 am

I agree with Bender. Yellow Jacket was his best persona and one of my all time favorite costumes in both design and color.

But my favorite of his giant man costumes is the yellow and blue one.

leave a comment with facebook