Saturday, December 10, 2016 • Evening Edition • "At least we're not CBR!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Any Artist here want to Jam on a Web Comic of Awesomeness?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

J.M. Hunter

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby J.M. Hunter » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:00 pm

Well?

Premise:

It's a jam comic. Featured on the web at first with follow up to be printed later. It's basically taking a page from the old Grandma Evelyn's Good Ol' Fashioned Puddin Treats Wrestling Theater, (google it).

We went for a shitload of strips back then. Anyone can create a character for it. You retain the rights to the character but allow for the other contributing artists to use the character within the strips.

Basically an interested artist can join the jam, they pledge to do a strip that goes on the list and follow where the last strip left off. So if you manage to knock out 2-3 updates a week, you're good.

Where:

I'm thinking maybe a blog type format to be lated updated onto a website. The blog offers instant updates and isn't hard to upload the actual strips too.

When:

How about December for the Debut?

What:

Intergalactic MEGA-KunFu Brawl For It All!

Think cage fighters but on an intergalactic scale. But we'd take other characters as well. You come up with their abilities and stats. Remember if they're all-super powerful, with no weakness, it might not get some play.

Ok, ask questions!!!

Paul Render

Whale Castrato

Postby Paul Render » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:38 pm

Hello Mr. Hunter! Put me down for the jam comic and send me more info (stuffph@hotmail.com) please, thanks!

J.M. Hunter

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby J.M. Hunter » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:19 am

Paul Render wrote:Hello Mr. Hunter! Put me down for the jam comic and send me more info (stuffph@hotmail.com) please, thanks!

Damn Paul! Sorry about getting back to you so late.

I"m behind on some things, so let me get caught up and I can then re-focus on this, but until then anyone that wants in, here's what you have to work on or do:

Draw your characters.

Develop the concepts

Provide a profile/stats etc.

Make it as crazy, quirky, or in-side joke as you want it.

If you need more work than that? Draw a one page origin story of your character and we'll add it as an Origins or Tales Of section of the site and the eventual book.

Yes, I want to not only jam online but shit, no reason why these can't go in print. Yes, you own the rights to your characters, but are free to borrow from the other participating Artist and vice versa.

So basically we'd need to have a web friendly resolution of this and a print friendly resolution.

J.M. Hunter

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby J.M. Hunter » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:45 pm

This idea isn't dead, just needs some retooling and tlc from me personally. So I'm going to attempt to do a demo promo and we'll see how things go from there.

ziza9

Designer Interactive

Postby ziza9 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:01 pm

Hell, I'm down.

J.M. Hunter

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby J.M. Hunter » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:19 pm

Yo, ziz9, I'll be in touch...gonna use the power of the p.m.!

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:25 pm

Wow, this is proceeding right along at Image United's pace, isn't it?

J.M. Hunter

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby J.M. Hunter » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:32 pm

Mike Mercury wrote:Wow, this is proceeding right along at Image United's pace, isn't it?

Just don't tell Tom Brevoort please!

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:33 pm

:lol:

J.M. Hunter

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby J.M. Hunter » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:24 pm

There's been talk (mostly by me to Super), about doing some type of prep projects web comics wise before tackling the enormity that would be this project. So I'm going to start a thread for feelers out there to see if anyone's interested in some of these prep projects.

Christopher Michael Hanchey

Fish-Smackin' Knight

Postby Christopher Michael Hanchey » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:15 pm

sounds cool!

leave a comment with facebook