Tuesday, August 30, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "We put the "O" in OCD."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Ballad of the Antichrist

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

The Beast

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby The Beast » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:27 pm

Bump for extended preview pages now available!

Just look inside!

The Beast

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby The Beast » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:13 am

An abridged version with 61 action-packed pages and a spiffy new cover, is available now on Comixology.

Check out the not-so exclusive preview below.

More updates soon!

rustyrusty

Flying Mongoose

Postby rustyrusty » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:12 pm

Liam Rodgers wrote:Distribution and marketing of the finished product are definitely the biggest obstacles.

Always, with everything. Congrats on getting this out, it's a big piece of work and it looks great. Super pleased for you.

The Beast

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby The Beast » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:55 pm

rustyrusty wrote:
Always, with everything. Congrats on getting this out, it's a big piece of work and it looks great. Super pleased for you.

Thanks man, it's a bit rough around the edges but it was definitely a labour of love. The beginning of the next issue is almost finished.

Here's the first page:

The Beast

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby The Beast » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:22 pm

Here's some more preview pages:

SharkBiplaneMan

Whippersnapper

Postby SharkBiplaneMan » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:43 pm

This looks really interesting. I'm bookmarking it to buy it when I have a little extra cash that I'm not pouring into my own comic.

The Beast

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby The Beast » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:38 pm

SharkBiplaneMan wrote:This looks really interesting. I'm bookmarking it to buy it when I have a little extra cash that I'm not pouring into my own comic.

Cool.

Damn, that really felt like a sale...

The Beast

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby The Beast » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:42 pm

Hey kids, previews!

The true nature of God and the origin of the species in two pages. Talk about value! :wink:

The Beast

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby The Beast » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:11 pm

A hero is born!

The Beast

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby The Beast » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:57 pm

Moar!

afterthedream

Whale Castrato

Postby afterthedream » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:20 pm

This looks dope. Grant Morrison-esque. Am I correct in assuming that the version on Comixology is a single issue, and that the paper version available on Amazon is the whole series?

The Beast

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby The Beast » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:13 pm

Not really.

The issue on Comixology is an abridged version, without the docufiction portion of the book. That part of the book was illustrated prose and not compatible with the guided viewing feature they use and the digital file was too big. They really liked the sequential pages, so they asked me if I could re-edit the book to make it fit.

afterthedream

Whale Castrato

Postby afterthedream » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:14 pm

Whoo! My copy just arrived. Going to start on it as soon as I finish the Iain Banks book I'm reading now.

senwolf

Post Whore

Postby senwolf » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:25 pm

Liam, cards on the table I have always found you kind of over aggressive on these boards..... That being said I have a lot of respect for the amount of work self publishing this book takes and so I kicked you the $4 (or whatever your take after Amazon gets it bite). Art work looks good. Going to read it this week.

Gotta ask is that Bubo the owl from Clash of the Titans ? :D

Best of luck with your sales.

afterthedream

Whale Castrato

Postby afterthedream » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:15 pm

Finally got a chance to read this over the holidays. I really like the art style - it reminds me of wood block printing. Not necessarily a criticism, but I am curious about your intended audience. As someone familiar with the material, it was kind of entertaining to match up the "fictional" characters with their real-life counterparts, but I thought it might be too confusing for a general audience. I imagine most people could figure out the presidents, but beyond that the altered names of CIA personnel, etc. might be too confusing. Just a though. Nice work overall, though - you obviously put a lot of effort into it.

leave a comment with facebook