Advertisement

Captain America 'GROUND ZERO' Free online comic

Do you have a comic or other project you want to promote? Feel free to post about it here, but don't just post and run. Sticking around and joining in other discussions is the best way to get Outhousers interested in your work. These topics will also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum, for maximum exposure.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

COOPCAP
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Re: New Captain America Story *FREE*

Postby COOPCAP » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:03 pm

Chesscub wrote:
Oh snap!

Image




Oh Snap??? do you write your own stuff?

Advertisement

nietoperz
User avatar
The Goddamn Bat-min
 
Posts: 42993
Likes: 314 posts
Liked in: 274 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:36 pm
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Title: Forum Manager


Re: Captain America 'GROUND ZERO' Free online comic

Postby nietoperz » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:05 pm

COOPCAP, I think perhaps that rather than square up to everyone and try to fight when faced with criticism and/or ribbing, it may be wisest just to let the moment pass and wait for people to read your work.
Image

COOPCAP
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Re: Captain America 'GROUND ZERO' Free online comic

Postby COOPCAP » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:21 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
Okay, so no to the alien invasion but yes to the Nazi werewolves?

Seriously, I'm just trying to sort things out here and figure out where your comic is going.


He is trying to tell Cap that all the stuff is real, he uses the example of what happened the night of Orson Wells "War of the World" as an example of the most ridiculous thing that could happen and yet people actually believed it. and he is asking Cap to believe this crazy story.
There were werewolves and some of our guys when they first heard this they actually thought "real" werewolves. They were in reality a guerilla group that cut phone lines and changed road signs. but just last year the russians released documents stating that their scientists were trying to breed gorillas with females. One woman actually wrote to Stalin and said how she was devoting herself to this and was glad to volunteer.

So when I thought about the old wolfman movie with Lon Chaney, the werewolves were gypsies legends, and I tied that in with the Holocaust and the Germans rounding up the jews and poles and gypsies.
So i drew the gypsie woman, the contact as the old woman in the movie, that is also her getting slapped by the red skull. Her son is a young bela lugousi, he also played the wolf that bites lawrence Talbot in the movie.

Did you get the Led Zeppelin connection?

COOPCAP
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Re: Captain America 'GROUND ZERO' Free online comic

Postby COOPCAP » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:26 pm

nietoperz wrote:COOPCAP, I think perhaps that rather than square up to everyone and try to fight when faced with criticism and/or ribbing, it may be wisest just to let the moment pass and wait for people to read your work.

Sorry, in boxing it's counter punching..
I appreciate that advice, but if I saw the way someone else was treated on this thread, having people make comments without reading their stuff I would think the stuff sucked and wouldn't even bother.

Why don't people comment on the story and not attack it immediately? There are some great stories here. It's like they attack the title without reading it.

COOPCAP
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Re: New Captain America Story *FREE*

Postby COOPCAP » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:32 pm

MrBlack wrote:You posted the same thread three times. I personally merged two of the threads and deleted the third (which had no posts).

You are welcome to post your art, and thank you for sharing this with us. Just please try not to spam the board.



Thanks for doing that. Like I said first time posting and I didn't know if I did it right.
This is a great site, unfortunately people aren't willing to give someone a chance and will attack them immediately, and if you fight back they cry like babies.

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 77175
Likes: 649 posts
Liked in: 1055 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: Captain America 'GROUND ZERO' Free online comic

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:32 pm

I did read this today. I have some good stuff to say about it. Hopefully will have time in a little bit.
Image
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

COOPCAP
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Re: Captain America 'GROUND ZERO' Free online comic

Postby COOPCAP » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:37 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
I'll entertain the motion. If I get a second, we'll have an open poll on the subject.



I'll Second it.

I dont know what a book review spinoff is but make sure you google the stuff that you don't understand. Like some of the things Fury says. When he talks about the revolutionary war, I know they don't teach that in schools anymore.

COOPCAP
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Re: Captain America 'GROUND ZERO' Free online comic

Postby COOPCAP » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:39 pm

Jude Terror wrote:I did read this today. I have some good stuff to say about it. Hopefully will have time in a little bit.



Thank you very much, look forward to hearing your thoughts.

COOPCAP
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Re: Captain America 'GROUND ZERO' Free online comic

Postby COOPCAP » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:41 pm

Jude Terror wrote:
Nobody else wants to see this?


I'll second it..

COOPCAP
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Re: Captain America 'GROUND ZERO' Free online comic

Postby COOPCAP » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:45 pm

shannonh wrote:
Doesn't "indie creator" mean independent creator? Using established characters (that are the property of someone else) to create a story of your own is called "fanboy creators", right? :smt102



So by your Logic, every effin artist like Walt Simonson drawing THOR is just a fanboy because he isn't Jack Kirby? So all the great stories that Frank Miller did, including Batman is just a fan boy?

These two examples took the books and the characters to new heights, not to mention we have decent movies finally because of Miller. (OK, NO ONE MENTION THE SPIRIT MOVIE!)

is that what you are saying?

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 77175
Likes: 649 posts
Liked in: 1055 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: Captain America 'GROUND ZERO' Free online comic

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:39 pm

Ok, so honestly, I was expecting a train wreck from this, based half on the fact that it's fan fiction, and half on CAPCOOP's spectacular entrance to the forums. No offense meant - but you really hit the ground running. :P

I was pleasantly surprised that I found it entertaining. For a story that spans 50 years or more of history and attempts to rewrite a lot of history and reconcile it with various legends and conspiracy theories, it's remarkably coherent. It flows nicely, it's paced well, and it's downright fun to read. Like a non-pretentious Hickman's S.H.I.E.L.D.. The story has a lot of potential and I would love to see it improved upon, and I would definitely read more of it.

If you're interested in some crits, here are a few things that hold it back or could be made better:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
It needs a letterer/real lettering. It's actually a relatively easy process in Illustrator or even Photoshop, and it would automatically add a level of professionalism to the production. The art itself is really good in places, though it could use some polish in others. I particularly liked the pages that blend newspapers into the backgrounds. Polish all around on this will take it up a notch.

It's fan fiction... but it doesn't need to be. Honestly, I think this story could work without starring Captain America and Nick Fury. Replace them with similar but original characters, and it would work just as well. This is a testament to the writing actually, because all you need to know of the story is laid out in the pages. You don't really need it to be set in the Marvel Universe to work. It would add legitimacy to it, because people just don't take fan fiction seriously.

The biggest issue - PRESENTATION!!! It's really clunky to read it in the format it's in, with images pasted in a blog where you need to click each one to read it. Get this presented in a slideshow type fashion and you'll have a much better chance of people reading past the first few pages - it's just annoying to click, read, click back, scroll, click, read, repeat.

I hope you'll take my crits in the helpful manner in which they're intended, because I was honestly impressed to find that there's some real potential with your story. I think, if you just called the comic Ground Zero, replaced the main characters with derivative characters of your own design, touched it up a bit, and presented it in a webcomic view type of format, you could easily market this as an ongoing webcomic and get some readers.
Image
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

dairydead
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9924
Likes: 143 posts
Liked in: 208 posts
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:12 am
Location: Detroit


Re: Captain America 'GROUND ZERO' Free online comic

Postby dairydead » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:04 pm

I like how the guy looking to promote his own work is doing most of his posting insulting others. Thanks for that, buddy! But otherwise, after a readthrough, i agree with Jude almost completely. I'm always interested in other artist's work, and i always try to support other artist, but you seem like a huge prick.
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

COOPCAP
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Re: Captain America 'GROUND ZERO' Free online comic

Postby COOPCAP » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:59 pm

Jude Terror wrote:Ok, so honestly, I was expecting a train wreck from this, based half on the fact that it's fan fiction, and half on CAPCOOP's spectacular entrance to the forums. No offense meant - but you really hit the ground running. :P

I was pleasantly surprised that I found it entertaining. For a story that spans 50 years or more of history and attempts to rewrite a lot of history and reconcile it with various legends and conspiracy theories, it's remarkably coherent. It flows nicely, it's paced well, and it's downright fun to read. Like a non-pretentious Hickman's S.H.I.E.L.D.. The story has a lot of potential and I would love to see it improved upon, and I would definitely read more of it.

If you're interested in some crits, here are a few things that hold it back or could be made better:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
It needs a letterer/real lettering. It's actually a relatively easy process in Illustrator or even Photoshop, and it would automatically add a level of professionalism to the production. The art itself is really good in places, though it could use some polish in others. I particularly liked the pages that blend newspapers into the backgrounds. Polish all around on this will take it up a notch.

It's fan fiction... but it doesn't need to be. Honestly, I think this story could work without starring Captain America and Nick Fury. Replace them with similar but original characters, and it would work just as well. This is a testament to the writing actually, because all you need to know of the story is laid out in the pages. You don't really need it to be set in the Marvel Universe to work. It would add legitimacy to it, because people just don't take fan fiction seriously.

The biggest issue - PRESENTATION!!! It's really clunky to read it in the format it's in, with images pasted in a blog where you need to click each one to read it. Get this presented in a slideshow type fashion and you'll have a much better chance of people reading past the first few pages - it's just annoying to click, read, click back, scroll, click, read, repeat.

I hope you'll take my crits in the helpful manner in which they're intended, because I was honestly impressed to find that there's some real potential with your story. I think, if you just called the comic Ground Zero, replaced the main characters with derivative characters of your own design, touched it up a bit, and presented it in a webcomic view type of format, you could easily market this as an ongoing webcomic and get some readers.

COOPCAP
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Re: Captain America 'GROUND ZERO' Free online comic

Postby COOPCAP » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:00 pm

dairydead wrote:I like how the guy looking to promote his own work is doing most of his posting insulting others. Thanks for that, buddy! But otherwise, after a readthrough, i agree with Jude almost completely. I'm always interested in other artist's work, and i always try to support other artist, but you seem like a huge prick.

COOPCAP
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Re: Captain America 'GROUND ZERO' Free online comic

Postby COOPCAP » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:05 pm

Dairy dead, what is that, like spoiled milk?
I am responding to people attacking me right off the bat. the first post is a wise ass remark because i ACCIDENTALLY posted it 3x's. All they had to do is explain to me how to post.

So if you want respect you show respect, you big pussy.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Creator's Corner



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Advertisement