Advertisement

Contest for writers & artists - Get published, win stuff

Do you have a comic or other project you want to promote? Feel free to post about it here, but don't just post and run. Sticking around and joining in other discussions is the best way to get Outhousers interested in your work. These topics will also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum, for maximum exposure.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Paul Render
Whale Castrato

Liked in: 0 post

Re: Contest for writers & artists - Get published, win stuff

Postby Paul Render » Tue May 10, 2011 1:49 pm

shannonh wrote:

No, what's clear is you have an on going contest where the finalists/winners get free comics/ graphic novels and such. I did not see anywhere (in magazine) that it said get paid...Other than in your post here. Or maybe you're trying to "pay" talent with free stuff? Either way, I'm not interested. I hope you do well in getting people to fill content for you.

Also, don't get your panties in a wad. I never brought your talent into the conversation. I never heard of you till now. I would like to say, for someone who likes to bash mainstream comics, you're fairly sensitive about critique. Those who dish it out should be able to take it. There is a big difference between someone who "critiques" to see the industry change for the better and those who are just bitter because the industry doesn't give them the time of day. :outhouse:

Good luck to you. And I hope everyone who contributes gets what they deserve.

I love critiques. What you did was act like a douche. Big difference.

Advertisement

shannonh
Mad Hatter

Postby shannonh » Tue May 10, 2011 2:06 pm

Paul Render wrote:
I love critiques. What you did was act like a douche. Big difference.

What you ARE doing IS acting like a douche...Maybe you need some editors to do spec work for you as well. :lol:

shannonh
Mad Hatter

Postby shannonh » Wed May 11, 2011 9:55 am

As to say I am continuing to be a douche instead of me being a douche in past tense....Like you said it. I'm not calling YOU a douche. HAha...hem.

As I said, Good luck to you...

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Creator's Corner