Advertisement

Creating Old School Comics: Tips for Pre-Digital Cartooning

Do you have a comic or other project you want to promote? Feel free to post about it here, but don't just post and run. Sticking around and joining in other discussions is the best way to get Outhousers interested in your work. These topics will also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum, for maximum exposure.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Fandral_the_Wasted
Whippersnapper

Liked in: 0 post

Creating Old School Comics: Tips for Pre-Digital Cartooning

Postby Fandral_the_Wasted » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:08 pm

My new (and first) PDF e-book is finished and ready for downloading and it's only $5! Creating Old School Comics: the Tips, Tools and Tricks You Need for Pre-Digital Cartooning covers everything you'll need in case Abrams' Revolution comes true and Cintiqs stop working. I cover hand lettering, inking techniques, the best brands of ink and paper to buy and more. Creating Old School Comics is 72 pages packed with art examples, photos and links. You can order it here, on my blog, Eventized: http://eventized.blogspot.com/

If you purchase a copy, please send me your feedback. If I revise the book the upgraded version will be sent to purchasers of the book for free!

-Michael Neno

Advertisement

Kat_Rocha
Whale Castrato

Re: Creating Old School Comics: Tips for Pre-Digital Cartoon

Postby Kat_Rocha » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:49 pm

Oh Cool! I love hand inking. I try to do it as much as possible. Nothing like the feel of a brush in your hand. :)

Fandral_the_Wasted
Whippersnapper

Postby Fandral_the_Wasted » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:25 pm

It gives you a look you can't get any other way. I've seen work done on Wacoms and the like that are getting pretty close. It's still not the same as an original drawing on paper, though.

MyGfsDog
A Quagmire

Postby MyGfsDog » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:02 pm

Fandral_the_Wasted wrote:It gives you a look you can't get any other way. I've seen work done on Wacoms and the like that are getting pretty close. It's still not the same as an original drawing on paper, though.

I agree. I'm a huge proponent of traditional art, but I do use a Wacom as well. Some of my webcomics are purely digital, while others are purely traditional. I think you have to figure out what works best for the project and go from there. But yeah, recently I tried doing a dry brush effect on a Wacom and it just wasn't coming out right. My real brush woulda done the job!

brettbrooks
A Quagmire

Postby brettbrooks » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:40 pm

Nothing beats a nice hand-brushed page! Loving the traditional approach!

dacreativegenius
Whippersnapper

Title: DTM

Postby dacreativegenius » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:35 pm

nice, thanks for sharing!
DTM
artist, designer, illustrator & creator of Art Life: The Story experienced in a comic book and mobile game coming to Kickstarter Nov 12
artlifethegame.com

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Creator's Corner