Advertisement

Diary of a Teenage Heroine comic

Do you have a comic or other project you want to promote? Feel free to post about it here, but don't just post and run. Sticking around and joining in other discussions is the best way to get Outhousers interested in your work. These topics will also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum, for maximum exposure.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

satyq
Fish-Smackin' Knight

Liked in: 0 post

Diary of a Teenage Heroine comic

Postby satyq » Thu May 21, 2009 11:15 am

Diary of a Teenage Heroine is a comic project I started developing for the Small Press Idol competition. We are finally getting to the meat and potatoes that all comic book creators love - the comic itself! We've made it to round 3 of the SPI gauntlet and are getting closer to getting a #0 issue. Voting has opened for round 3, and our three page comic primer is now up! Here's the first page from our 3 page preview:

You can see the full 3 page preview in glorious black and white, and vote for this project to advance to the finals, here:

http://tinyurl.com/o7xd9j

You may vote once a day so repeat offenders - er, supporters, are encouraged! I've also started up a color strip set in the Diary universe. Here's the first installment (click the graphic below to bring up a bigger copy!)

Jerry S. Loomis

Advertisement

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 969 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu May 21, 2009 12:25 pm

This looks really good.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

satyq
Fish-Smackin' Knight

Postby satyq » Thu May 21, 2009 4:29 pm

Thanks! Still trying to get the second installment of the comic strip version finished, so looks like it's not gonna be a daily ... lol!

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 865 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Thu May 21, 2009 9:05 pm

Frickin awesome

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 311 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Thu May 21, 2009 10:01 pm

I like it!

Kong created the Outhouse to train the Faithful. One cannot go against the Word of Kong.---
The Teachings of Pawl Monk'Dib

Monkey, I like your style!
--Lex Luthor

Zenguru wrote:I trust Lord Simian's word more than my friend.

satyq
Fish-Smackin' Knight

Postby satyq » Fri May 22, 2009 12:14 am

Thanks for the feedback - I was starting to wonder if anyone was actually enjoying it (based on the fairly dull thud it's made in the SPI round thus far). New strip should be up in the AM!

satyq
Fish-Smackin' Knight

Postby satyq » Fri May 22, 2009 12:54 pm

New installment of Diary of a Teenage Heroine - the comic strip!

If you are enjoying Diary of a Teenage Heroine, please help in supporting it by registering on the Dimestore Forums and voting yes in the poll at the top of our project thread! You can vote daily, so returning support is appreciated!

Diary of a Teenage Heroine Voting thread is at:

Jerry S. Loomis

Alcoholic_Spider
Factor 8

Title: Boozemoines, ID.
Formerly: J.Hunter

Postby Alcoholic_Spider » Fri May 22, 2009 9:12 pm

satyq wrote:New installment of Diary of a Teenage Heroine - the comic strip!

If you are enjoying Diary of a Teenage Heroine, please help in supporting it by registering on the Dimestore Forums and voting yes in the poll at the top of our project thread! You can vote daily, so returning support is appreciated!

Jerry S. Loomis

Not only am I enjoying it, but this would be an awesome addition to the anthology we're working on!

www.barbedwaternoodle.com if you're curious...otherwise feel free to register and pimp this on the forum as well.
I'll register and vote for this tonite too!

satyq
Fish-Smackin' Knight

Postby satyq » Fri May 22, 2009 9:43 pm

I don't think I could get away with running Diary in print somewhere before it makes its Dimestore debut (at this point in the competition it at least has one anthology slot appearance in its future) but this did unofficially spin off from another super hero property that is still in development (it's my baby! heh). I might consider dusting that off again, or even spinning something else out from the same universe - S.P.A.M. sounds pretty cool!

Alcoholic_Spider
Factor 8

Title: Boozemoines, ID.
Formerly: J.Hunter

Postby Alcoholic_Spider » Fri May 22, 2009 9:58 pm

satyq wrote:I don't think I could get away with running Diary in print somewhere before it makes its Dimestore debut (at this point in the competition it at least has one anthology slot appearance in its future) but this did unofficially spin off from another super hero property that is still in development (it's my baby! heh). I might consider dusting that off again, or even spinning something else out from the same universe - S.P.A.M. sounds pretty cool!

Thanks man. I totally understand. You wouldn't want to screw yourself obviously. Like I said, feel free to pimp your stuff there, there's room for all of us on the internets. It's a pretty big place!.

satyq
Fish-Smackin' Knight

Postby satyq » Sun May 24, 2009 2:03 pm

Part 3 is up!

If you like what we have done on Diary of a Teenage Heroine thus far, please help in supporting its quest for a printed #0 issue by registering on the Dimestore Forums and voting yes in the poll at the top of our project thread!

You can vote once a day so returning support is encouraged!

Jerry S. Loomis

satyq
Fish-Smackin' Knight

Postby satyq » Wed May 27, 2009 7:20 pm

New strip is up, and we actually have the title character in it this time!

Diary of a Teenage Heroine Voting thread and 3 page comic preview is at:

satyq
Fish-Smackin' Knight

Postby satyq » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:10 pm

Here's a new strip!

project voting thread is:

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Creator's Corner