Advertisement

Island, Alone in Zuda (DC Comics) Competition

Do you have a comic or other project you want to promote? Feel free to post about it here, but don't just post and run. Sticking around and joining in other discussions is the best way to get Outhousers interested in your work. These topics will also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum, for maximum exposure.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

KidGloves
Steroid User

Liked in: 0 post

Island, Alone in Zuda (DC Comics) Competition

Postby KidGloves » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:05 pm

Hey, all,

I'm competing in Zuda this month. My comic is Island, Alone http://www.zudacomics.com/node/1774

I competed before with Vic Boone http://www.zudacomics.com/node/477 It finished 2nd. I'm hoping to win this time.

I hope some here might check out Island, Alone--if you dig it, vote for it. Tell me what you think too.

OH, you do have to register to vote, but there's no spam or anything. The winner receives a year contract with DC to continue the book.

Advertisement

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 529 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:06 pm

Fixed your link for you.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:06 pm

Good luck dude

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

KidGloves
Steroid User

Postby KidGloves » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:25 pm

Jude Terror wrote:Fixed your link for you.

Thanks, Jude. I guess I was typing to fast. :)

KidGloves
Steroid User

Postby KidGloves » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:27 pm

MoneyMelon wrote:Good luck dude

Thanks, MoneyMelon. Yeah, I really want to win this time. Would be a dream come true. Last time I was in 1st for a good part of the competition, then fell to 2nd in the final week. Killed me. Was soooo close.

I hope the outcome is different this time.

KidGloves
Steroid User

Postby KidGloves » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:59 am

Another piece Rich did. Last rally promo piece.

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:07 am

Looks like you're in first place right now (if I'm looking at that right)

I have a question, though. Does this take place in any particular time period? It feels like it has kind of a pulpy/serial thing going on, but I don't see anything that nails it down to any particular time period. The blimp gives it a bit of a 30's feel.

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

KidGloves
Steroid User

Postby KidGloves » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:14 am

MoneyMelon wrote:Looks like you're in first place right now (if I'm looking at that right)

I have a question, though. Does this take place in any particular time period? It feels like it has kind of a pulpy/serial thing going on, but I don't see anything that nails it down to any particular time period. The blimp gives it a bit of a 30's feel.

Kinda 1800s. Guess it would be like an alternate past. I never nailed down a specific date. But most of the look (clothes) are 1800s.

Yeah, we're in first, but who knows by how much. You never see the votes. Could be 100 vote lead or a 1 vote lead. Have a one day left before we find out the winner. The contest ends 12p EST.

Truth be told, I'll be glad when the contest is over, so I can relax again. Ha.

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:22 am

KidGloves wrote:Kinda 1800s. Guess it would be like an alternate past. I never nailed down a specific date. But most of the look (clothes) are 1800s.

Yeah, we're in first, but who knows by how much. You never see the votes. Could be 100 vote lead or a 1 vote lead. Have a one day left before we find out the winner. The contest ends 12p EST.

Truth be told, I'll be glad when the contest is over, so I can relax again. Ha.

Ah, ok. I said 30's because of the blimp. But an alternate past kind of thing makes sense.

There was an Elseworlds thing years ago called Wonder Woman: Amazonia or something like that, which was an 1800's kind of thing but it they had a lot of early 20th century tech like poison gas and machine guns and stuff.

Anyway, good luck, man. Let me know how it turns out.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Creator's Corner