Friday, September 30, 2016 • Evening Edition • "The place to talk some shit."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Yo Jude! I need that Lettering in Photoshop tutorial!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Alcoholic_Spider

Factor 8

Postby Alcoholic_Spider » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:12 pm

Can you hook a half-brotha up?

Need to letter some comics quick so's I can send them off to Canada before April 1rst!

:-D

spidertour02

rubber spoon

Postby spidertour02 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:22 am

J.Hunter wrote:Can you hook a half-brotha up?

Need to letter some comics quick so's I can send them off to Canada before April 1rst!

:-D

ACK! Why would you want to letter something in Photoshop? Illustrator is where it's at ...

Alcoholic_Spider

Factor 8

Postby Alcoholic_Spider » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:55 pm

Where's illustrator at? I don't have it?! :(

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:36 pm

Shit. I have something like this here somewhere...

Lettering in PS is easy, though totally shitty compared to illustrator. You need a level above your art for baloons, and then above that layers with the words. Place all your text first whereever you want it to be on the page.

Remember that for the text to fit in ovals, you should format it like a diamond. Shorter lines on top and bottom, longest line/s in the middle. Also remember you can break the dialog up, have two bubbles or more overlapping each other to create unique shapes to put your text in.

Once you're dine placing your text, time to make the bubbles. Using the oval select tool, draw a circle around your first piece of speech. Do this for any connected bubbles/ Then use the polygonal tool to draw connectors between bubbles if you need them, and pointers, holding shift the whole time. Basically, you're going to convert your whole selection to one shape, so anything that is connected by the same stroke should be selected.

Now, on your bubble layer, go to edit-fill and fill with white. Then go to your layer blending properties and give it a black stroke of whatever thickness looks good.

Move on to the next bubble/s and repeat.

leave a comment with facebook