Advertisement

Pedi's Comics / Graphic Novels Art:

Do you have a comic or other project you want to promote? Feel free to post about it here, but don't just post and run. Sticking around and joining in other discussions is the best way to get Outhousers interested in your work. These topics will also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum, for maximum exposure.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 0 post
Formerly: Doc Spider

Re: Pedi's art thread:

Postby Doc Jon » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:59 pm

Damn, man.

If you weren't already doing this kick ass story, I have one with a similar style that I would love to see your work on.

It's about the people the Devil utilizes to keep order in Hell: the Cardinals of Hell. Your style would be so sweet on it.

Keep up the great work.

HJJOUNB SAWLWEN HATES MEO!!!! -Royal

Advertisement

pedi
Factor 8

Postby pedi » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:04 pm

I appreciate it Jon. I'd love to check out your story... sounds cool!

I'm hoping there's enough people on Rama to keep my thread and the story active on the front page, long enough to get good exposure...

Either way, I'll keep everyone posted with progress as it all gets done!

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:07 pm

We'll give it some bumps.:)

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:09 pm

We should provide a link here so that people can check it out at the Rama and give you a little support.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=153411

Bump it for one of our own, hemophiliacs!

pedi
Factor 8

Postby pedi » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:14 pm

Thanks man, any exposure and all the support I can receive on this project is highly valued. ;)

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=153411

pedi
Factor 8

Postby pedi » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:21 pm

I posted a reply on Rama (http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.p ... ost5426971) and wanted to update here as well.

I appreciate every single one of you who've expressed your support for this project, mentioning it's as cool as I hoped. I'll keep an archive of all your user names, and when the time comes, I'm happy to do a free sketch of characters for each of you!

Just to keep it all together... here's the storyline synopsis for "Devil's Trigger Finger" and the preview pages, with pencils and paints comparisons:

Synopsis- “Devil’s Trigger Finger”
Written by Sean and Matthew Kohnen:

One hundred years ago, as the 1800's were giving way to the new century, Bartimous Wyatt was the Best Shot in the Known World. He lived peacefully in a small town in Texas until the day a Dark Stranger came calling. The Devil had come to challenge Bartimous to a shooting contest, and the loser would have to cut off his Trigger Finger, never to shoot again. With a little divine help, Bartimous bested the Devil and took his prize.

But the Devil doesn't lose easily, and he sent his demons to regain what was his. Realizing his Fate, Bartimous gave the Finger to his son, Michael, and told him never to let it go, and never to forget...

Now, a century later, Michael Wyatt hasn’t forgotten. Fueled by anger and the fiendish power granted him by the Devils Trigger Finger, he seeks out those who’ve sold their Soul to the Devil. With his twin Colt revolvers spitting slugs of cold iron, and the preternatural speed and marksmanship of the Devil himself, Michael hunts down the Demon Brokers who do the Devil’s work here on Earth, canceling the Deals they’ve made for the souls of the Lost.

In this four issue mini-series, Michael finds himself caught in the middle of the ongoing battle between Heaven and Hell, and struggles to save a woman whose Soul could tip the delicate balance of the War decisively towards the forces of the Infernal, sending Mankind plummeting towards Eternal Darkness.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 20 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:29 pm

pedi wrote:I appreciate it Jon. I'd love to check out your story... sounds cool!

I'm hoping there's enough people on Rama to keep my thread and the story active on the front page, long enough to get good exposure...

Either way, I'll keep everyone posted with progress as it all gets done!
The real trick is to shamelessly self-promote to keep the thread up there. Sometimes, if I have a good reply to make to something, and I want the thread to stay on the front page, I'll purposely wait on it so I can reply when the thread gets to like page 3, starting the process again. Also, remember, even though you get a certain amount of replies, the amount of views is usually at least 3 times as much. You can see the views by hovering over the name of the last poster on the thread listing. Whenever I get a chance (which is admittedly rare this week as I started a new job), I'll keep the thread bumped for ya.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:33 pm

I just checked btw, your thread on rama has 744 views. Lots of lurkers.

pedi
Factor 8

Postby pedi » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:44 pm

Cool yo -- thanks for looking out and sharing the tips. Admittedly, I'm somewhat new to the whole forum stuff... only place I used to post was Rob's and not very often... then about a year back I had my own forum for a short while, but that went down with the server.

So, are those unique views? Or overall views?

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:01 pm

Overall views. I've done my own estimations on this matter... you gotta figure, there's probably at least two for each post in the thread - one when they view it originally, and one when the reply is posted. Most people aren't going to click on the thread unless they see a new post, so it's not likely that any one person is making a ton of the views. I like to guess that maybe 1/4 of the views are unique, just to be on the safe side. Seems like a reasonable number. Still, not bad for one thread on a message board.

I wish I knew of a good stats component for joomla that would track unique views so we could have an accurate idea of how many people are looking at this site. Last month, we had 25,000 non-unique views, but once you divide that by all the different articles, all the times someone might read an article and then refresh the main page, all the forum posts, I have no clue how to guess at the actual number of uniques. Anyway, I'm cluttering your art thread with this stuff. Sorry. :)

pedi
Factor 8

My illustrations for John Hancock intro titles:

Postby pedi » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:22 am

SO... I did these mid last year for the John Hancock intro titles... and in the cut for show, they treat them with colors, effects and animation... so I'm not sure how it's going to look in the movie titles themselves... and the actual illustrations are far too large to post here.... but these were fun to do:

John Schneider
Fish-Smackin' Knight

Re: Pedi's Comics / Graphic Novels Art:

Postby John Schneider » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:04 am

They look quite impressive and show your versatility. :)

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:14 am

I cannot see how that could be 'fun' to do, but it's an amazing illustration.

prozacman
Expert Post Whore

Title: Sir PopsPills Alot
Formerly: Darth Prozac

Re: My illustrations for John Hancock intro titles:

Postby prozacman » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:42 pm

pedi wrote:SO... I did these mid last year for the John Hancock intro titles... and in the cut for show, they treat them with colors, effects and animation... so I'm not sure how it's going to look in the movie titles themselves... and the actual illustrations are far too large to post here.... but these were fun to do:

Very cool work! Can't wait to see it in motion.

Though I do have to admit, the first thing that came to mind with when I first saw the first image was the Final Five Cylons from Battlestar Galactica cowering before the Humans' gods. I mean that in a good way! Now that I think about it, I'm surprised that I haven't seen any Battlestar Galactica art that directly involves the Greek gods. Some where in that There's a pitch you might be able to make to Dynamite Entertainment. Come up with a story that mirrors Greek mythology tales. Then do art that literally mirrors or overlays the BSG characters and the original story's counter parts. Or maybe do the mythology story on the left page and the BSG analogous on the right page. Another take on "This has all happened before, and will happen again".

pedi
Factor 8

Postby pedi » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:53 pm

Thanks guys! I can't wait to see the movie!! Looks great. :)

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Creator's Corner