Advertisement

Strictly Images

Do you have a comic or other project you want to promote? Feel free to post about it here, but don't just post and run. Sticking around and joining in other discussions is the best way to get Outhousers interested in your work. These topics will also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum, for maximum exposure.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 374 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Re: Strictly Images

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:28 pm

Strict31 wrote:I got interested in angel mythology a while back, and there's some significant overlap with the whole concept of so-called "ancient astronauts."

We've all heard "Ezekiel saw the Wheel," right? Some folks consider that to be one of the first reccorded instances of a UFO sighting.

But also, the "wheel" that he saw was a type of Angel in the mythology, called a Throne, or an Ophan. The description of the Ophanim sounds a whole hell of a lot like a ship. Flying vehicles that transport all of the heavenly orders.

But a lot of the descriptions of the angelic orders are...really sorta WTF. Dudes with six goddamn wings, two of which are wrapped about their heads and what-not...it's just off the wall type shit.

But as I was reading this, I glanced over at the shelf where I have some Gundam figures, and noticed Wing ZERO has two pairs of wings. I don't remember if it was depicted that way in the anime, but the figure very clearly has two separate wing modules. And then I started looking at the vanes on the headpiece, and had the idea that those could be seen as wings to some primitive fuckface who had no other terms to describe some incredibly advanced technology.

So in a way, Wing ZERO also has six wings.

So the idea with Seraph is that what we have classically described as angels are really just the armored suits they wear.

Probably ain't exactly an original idea. But whatevah.

The Wing and the Wing Zero had wings. But there are two versions, the original tv version and the Endless Waltz OVA version. I prefer the later.

The Wing Zero (TV) had wing like pods that could split. The Wing Zero (EW) had what looked like wings and yes, had six in it's "pod" form. Otherwise, it had four wings. Two minor and two major wings. The Wing (EW) had only a single set of wings.

For references -

Wing Zero (EW)
http://www.dalong.net/review/mg/m75/m75_p.htm
http://www.dalong.net/review/mg/m75/m75_i.htm

http://www.dalong.net/review/pg/p05/p05_p.htm
http://www.dalong.net/review/pg/p05/p05_i.htm

Wing (EW)
http://www.dalong.net/review/mg/m69/m69_p.htm
http://www.dalong.net/review/mg/m69/m69_i.htm

http://www.dalong.net/review/mg/m143/m143_p.htm
http://www.dalong.net/review/mg/m143/m143_i.htm
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

Advertisement

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 374 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:29 pm

~Alima~ wrote:Nice work! You gonna do some Bellydancer clones?

I just had the image of bellydancers wearing stormtrooper helmets.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 166 posts
Title: Ain't enough space bitches

Postby Strict31 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:44 pm

~Alima~ wrote:Nice work! You gonna do some Bellydancer clones?

The bellydancer clones are reserved for science, not art. They will change the world.

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."

Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Strict31 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:45 pm

Royal Nonesuch wrote:Wow, really cool stuff, Strict. I'm really digging a lot of these designs.

Thanks

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 141 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:26 am

I'd like to make something very clear - this thread is expressly for the display and discussion of Strict's art. It should not and will not again be spammed with pictures of half naked women: there is already a thread for that sort of thing in The Asylum. To do that here shows a pretty nasty lack of respect, and I shan't have it happen again.

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Strict31 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:51 am

After a devastating car accident, Jenny was rebuilt by the government. Her life from before the accident was over, and she was reborn as Jennifer Xavier, or Jenn-X. In the early 90s, she was bleeding edge. She was a State-of-the-Art cyber-sex kitten composed of alloy and razor-sharp angles. She and her team members in Revolution X were the epitome of extreme.

But time marches on. The years have passed her by, and the world has already turned its gaze to newer models. Is there still a place for the woman once known as Jenn-X? Or are all her systems outdated?

--------------------------------------------------------------
Jenn-X is from a story I've been writing off and on. Sorta ran out of steam on both the story and the pic sometime last year. A couple nights ago, I was re-reading the first couple of chapters, and decided to finish the pic I'd drawn of her.

Basically, the concept is that she was a hero in the 90s, and like the comics at the time (Cyberforce and so forth), she was EXTREME TO THE MAX. She's since retired to take care of the son she didn't think she could even have after the accident. She used to live for the thrill of punching bad guys in the balls. But now, she lives for her young son.

Of course, in a city like New Rome, it ain't that easy to get out of the cape business, even if you never wore one. I sure hope she makes it. She's getting too old for this shit...

Schlemmer
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 115 posts
Title: Hot-Linker
Formerly: Schlemmer; spelled the same but sounds different

Postby Schlemmer » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:01 am

nietoperz wrote:I'd like to make something very clear - this thread is expressly for the display and discussion of Strict's art. It should not and will not again be spammed with pictures of half naked women: there is already a thread for that sort of thing in The Asylum. To do that here shows a pretty nasty lack of respect, and I shan't have it happen again.

I've already apologized to Strict, and dis-respect was not my intent.

blah
rubber spoon

Liked in: 0 post

Postby blah » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:13 am

Schlemmer wrote:I've already apologized to Strict, and dis-respect was not my intent.

A rhyme!

snelss0
Opera Singer

Liked in: 0 post

Postby snelss0 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:51 am

Nice
"Is he on our side?" "Yep" "Then why is he spying on us?" "Don't ask"

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Creator's Corner